Computer Question

Everything else in here
This topic is 13 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Choose Your Destiny
Denny8303

Re: Computer Question

Postby Denny8303 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:02 pm

amak11 wrote:Nope, streaming audio through HDMI wont tax your video card.
How did you hook up yourhome theatre system beforehand, to your computer?

Well it'll be new build, so i haven't finalized that yet. Which you think would be better, hooking up a home theater system to the TV, or using a sound card and buying PC speakers? I'd imagine cost wise the Home Theater System may be less expensive and i imagine going the Sound Card/PC Speaker route would create a delay.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:17 pm

a sound card actually would have less delay

logitec has some great speak systems that work with computers, or TVs, or pretty much anything, and are pretty cheap.
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:35 pm

For once i totatlly agree with vedi, haha

A sound cards purpose is to process sound. It has no other purpose, so there wouldnt be, or there would barely be a delay.

I personally run everything through HDMI, then have my cheap durrabrand surround system connected to sound outputs on the TV
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Choose Your Destiny
Denny8303

Postby Denny8303 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:36 pm

So it's pretty much flip a coin?
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:39 pm

If you want :/
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:35 am

Rapt0r wrote:You don't know how TVs work do you. This goes for EVERYTHING. Games, Movies, TV, navigating menus on the TV, ect. The delay is how long it takes the TV to process the image/audio it's receiving.

No, not really(I don't). In general with electronics I'm only good with software not hardware. I was asking though because like a said before, my CRT TV with standard def cables lags with RB2, and as far as I've heard this shouldn't happen(even the calibration settings say it's specifically for LCD TVs, unless you just like some delay).

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:24 am

What? What CRT TV do you have? I've never seen a CRT TV (or monitor) have any lag whatsoever. That's the great thing about CRT. Are you running it through a VCR (or something similiar) or directly hooked to the TV?
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:09 am

Rapt0r wrote:What? What CRT TV do you have? I've never seen a CRT TV (or monitor) have any lag whatsoever. That's the great thing about CRT. Are you running it through a VCR (or something similiar) or directly hooked to the TV?

^That was exactly my reaction. It's made by Apex(dunno the model, and it's too heavy to try and look for it sorry). I'm running straight to the Xbox, standard red-yellow-white cables, nothing fancy at all. Another thing that's weird is that the TV is always zoomed in too far, and there is no option to set it differently(maybe not too weird, since everything went digital like a year ago).

The thing is though it doesn't lag with GH just like my bro's LCD, but it does with RB2(again just like my bro's LCD). So I figured the problem was with that game in particular, but I don't know *shrugs*.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:22 pm

If it's two different games, it's not the TV, it's the game settings.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:05 pm

Rapt0r wrote:If it's two different games, it's not the TV, it's the game settings.

Yeah that's what I figured, but I'm not sure on all of this. Again, that's why I asked that question earlier.

Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:32 pm

Although, it could lag for both and you jsut don't notice the lag in GH due to heug hit windows.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:53 pm

sad but true
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:40 pm

Rapt0r wrote:Although, it could lag for both and you jsut don't notice the lag in GH due to heug hit windows.

I don't know that this matters, but I've tried setting the the delay in GH and it always comes out to 0ms on both audio and video.

Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:24 pm

And what about Rock Band?
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:58 pm

if you can, use auto calibration for RB2

Return to “Off-Topic”