Computer Question

Everything else in here
This topic is 13 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Choose Your Destiny
Denny8303

Computer Question

Postby Denny8303 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:35 pm

Hey guys, i had a quick question for those graphics people. I'm gonna be buying a new computer here soon and wanted to hook up either a 36" or 42" LCD TV to it through HDMI and was just wondering if i could or not with the Radeon HD 5770 and still run games (not using immaculate settings in games but a bit above average graphic settings) and such properly. If it helps it'll also have a AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz CPU and G.SKILL 6GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) RAM in the PC as well.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. :smile:
I'm in hibernation
porknchili

Re: Computer Question

Postby porknchili » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:58 pm

well first of all, AMD motherboards support dual channel memory only so i suggest u change ur ram first (tri channel is for X58 only not AM3). Also, i suggest getting an XFX 5770 (lifetime warranty) or even an EVGA GTX 460 (Theyre like $30 more, are quieter, MUCH better performance, and less heat). Another thing too, because of the black edition AMD quad cores easy OCing, I suggest getting a 955 instead because its less $ and can be just as fast quite easily thanks to the oc utility.

To answer ur question though, yes you can, you would just have to change the sound output to the graphics cards sound output and it would work seeing as my GTX 480 is hooked up to a 24" tv via hdmi.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:21 pm

REsolution would be the main factor here. Also, what kind of tv (brand/model). A lot of HDTVs have video delay.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Choose Your Destiny
Denny8303

Postby Denny8303 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:49 am

Thanks for the advice PNC, i'll look into those suggestions. My question is wouldn't streaming audio through HDMI tax the graphic card more? Also if i went that route would i need a sound card and would i have to go with a home theater speaker system aside from computer speakers?

@Raptor

Haven't decided on a TV yet, just gathering general information atm. You have any suggestions?
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:57 am

samsung as far as I can tell has low to no video lag whatsoever from an HDMI input
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:04 am

My bro has a 40+ inch Sharp Aquos TV that has never lagged with any of the GH games + an HDMI cable(it has with RB, but RB has delay with my CRT TV using regular RCA cables so that's not saying much). Of course, this is an Xbox 360 to TV set up, so it might be different for PC to TV.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:11 am

well those are on the higher end of the cost spectrum
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:53 am

vedicardi wrote:well those are on the higher end of the cost spectrum

True dat, but at least it works. Plus I didn't hear/see him say anything about price being a big factor(of course if you can get something really good for cheap, then that's always nice o.-)

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:58 am

samsung 32"s are like $300
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:05 am

vedicardi wrote:samsung 32"s are like $300

This.

Samsung is about the best you'll get from an HDTV. Always spend the extra money and get a good brand (Sony, Samsung, I think LG has some nice TVs). When you go to buy one, talk to a sales rep as ask them what the delay is on the TV. My Samsung 32 in has a 6 ms delay. That isn't bad at all.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:00 pm

Holy sh*t, really? I've never seen one that cheap unless it was horrible quality or it was tiny.

Rapt0r wrote:My Samsung 32 in has a 6 ms delay.

On all games, or a specific one?
Last edited by Ambiguity on Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

Choose Your Destiny
Denny8303

Postby Denny8303 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:00 pm

Thanks for the help guys, i will check those out. Now about the sound question....

Denny8303 wrote:My question is wouldn't streaming audio through HDMI tax the graphic card more? Also if i went that route would i need a sound card and would i have to go with a home theater speaker system aside from computer speakers?
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:13 pm

Nope, streaming audio through HDMI wont tax your video card.
How did you hook up yourhome theatre system beforehand, to your computer?
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:15 pm

Ambiguity wrote:

Holy sh*t, really? I've never seen one that cheap unless it was horrible quality or it was tiny.

all games

and yeah they are very well priced
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:46 pm

Ambiguity wrote:

You don't know how TVs work do you. This goes for EVERYTHING. Games, Movies, TV, navigating menus on the TV, ect. The delay is how long it takes the TV to process the image/audio it's receiving.

Return to “Off-Topic”