Inception

Everything else in here
This topic is 13 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Re: Inception

Postby OzzyOzrock » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:04 pm

@warhol

Spoiler:

warhol wrote:-If you're dead and you go to limbo, jumping off or killing yourself in limbo will bring you all the way back up

So you're saying that dying in limbo automatically removes any sedatives you may have on in the real world? Doesn't make much sense to me.

ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.
warhol

Postby warhol » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:08 pm

OzzyOzrock wrote:@warhol

Spoiler:

warhol wrote:-If you're dead and you go to limbo, jumping off or killing yourself in limbo will bring you all the way back up

So you're saying that dying in limbo automatically removes any sedatives you may have on in the real world? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Spoiler:Well, that was what I was able to gather from the movie. The only other reason I can come up with that Cobb and Saito woke up immediately after the scene where Saito was holding the gun was that the sedatives themselves just wore off and they woke up.

Come to think of it. Since there are sedatives, what does happen when you die in limbo?

http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
NYRangers360

Postby NYRangers360 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:18 pm

Breadache wrote:I watched it about a week ago, so I'm slightly forgetful of the details but...

Spoiler:I've thought about it for a bit, and wondered if he really did kill his wife. The way he remembers it didn't make sense, why is the room a mess of broken glass, why is it she is sitting on the opposite window to the one they're staying in. I heard there are other hints throughout that suggest as much.

I wrote about this in one of my pieces on this movie:

Spoiler:Cobb starts off this memory by saying she had it all planned out. This is clearly true; she filed a letter with her attorney and had herself declared sane by three psychologists. She then trashed the hotel suite, so she clearly, clearly knew exactly what she was going to do that night. If she would go to all those lengths to assure her plan would go off without a hitch, why is renting out the same suite in the opposite building so out of the question?

The letter to the attorney saying that she was afraid for her life is more in the way of what you're asking. She wanted to make it look like he killed her. She said she did it to make Cobb's choice to leave the children easier.

and @ozzyozrock

Spoiler:This was a fuzzy area. I'm wondering if maybe, if you're in limbo when the sedatives wear off, you stay there until you die in limbo. It's a good question, maybe dying in limbo while sedated would bring you just to that normal black silence that sleep is. Who knows!

Return to “Off-Topic”