Sprites / stock game graphics / models

Everything else in here
This topic is 13 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Sprites / stock game graphics / models

Postby death_au » Thu May 13, 2010 2:16 am

Anyone know where to get good game art? Even if it's non-free stuff, I'm looking around for a good place to get content. Someone I know is planning on starting development on a game I can't say too much about, but their looking for some art resources.
At this stage, looking for something with a cartoon-y feel, and outdoors-y. Things like grass, trees, rocks, beaches... And tents, cabins... That kind of stuff. Does anyone know any good game art resources?
NBSRDan

Re: Sprites

Postby NBSRDan » Thu May 13, 2010 2:26 am

Copyright law is a dangerous place... Best to make it yourself (cartoony isn't very hard.)
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Thu May 13, 2010 2:27 am

For reference or for legal use?

If it's just for reference I can upload my sprite collection(it has a few backgrounds in it and a lot of characters).

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu May 13, 2010 2:31 am

Oh, we'd be sure to check the licensing before using anything. Just looking for resource stores atm.
I'm not that great at art from scratch (and neither is my friend). My 8-bit theme is as original as I've gotten in graphics, apart from my big-headed skull avatar.

@Ambiguity, we're more looking for legal use ones, really. References are all well and good, and if my friend decides to start doing graphics from scratch I might take you up on that offer.
(0) <-- The Eye
angellinus

Postby angellinus » Thu May 13, 2010 2:42 am

NBSRDan wrote:Best to make it yourself (cartoony isn't very hard.)

I made my FoF themes cartoony! :tongue:
blah.
felixdaman18

Postby felixdaman18 » Thu May 13, 2010 8:12 pm

I googled sprite
I got this http://sdb.drshnaps.com/
Add me on XBL
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu May 13, 2010 8:43 pm

I googled sprite also. That site is full of sprites based on games and well-known characters. Completely unsuitable.
My friend found this site: http://3drt.com/ (he's looking at the 'toonworld' stuff).
Some of it seems a bit expensive, but for what you get, it doesn't seem that bad. 3D might work better than 2D, and if not, we can always pre-render some 2D images of those models. This is more towards what we're looking for.
blazingamer

Re: Sprites / stock game graphics / models

Postby blazingamer » Thu May 20, 2010 8:30 pm

Occasionally there's some gold on deviantArt. They have a large pixel art category where you can search for things like that. Some are free to use, some are not, some I'm sure you can get permission if you just ask the artist.

Return to “Off-Topic”