FRAPS Help!

Everything else in here
This topic is 13 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Frozenghost001

FRAPS Help!

Postby Frozenghost001 » Fri May 07, 2010 4:26 pm

Alright, so I got my FRAPS to work one day (like a week ago), and now all of a sudden it won't work anymore. I've been having problems for years now, finally got it working a week ago for one day (and I didnt change any of the settings if I can remember correctly), and now its back to being "broken" again. Here's a step-by-step process of what happens:

-I turn on FRAPS, and then FoFiX
-I select a song, difficulty, and what-not.
-As soon as the song stars, I press the record button, and the game freezes. Then all of a sudden an error message pops up saying that FRAPS had to close due to an unexpected error, and then my game unfreezes and FRAPS shuts down.

Anyone know how to fix it? I cant update it cause I got a disk version from years ago and I don't have a member ID or nothing to download the latest versions. And I won't trust online download sites like mininova.org or any turrent site cause the last 2 times I trusted them, I got a virus and had to get a new PC each time. Any help would be appreciated!
Check out my youtube page to see my Frets on Fire videos, as well as all my other awesomely-awesome videos!
http://www.youtube.com/xfuel4gamers
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: FRAPS Help!

Postby raynebc » Fri May 07, 2010 4:35 pm

If you are a valid customer, they should provide you with support. They would have records of your purchase.

Otherwise, your best option would be to uninstall FRAPS and try installing the trial version of the latest release. If that works, then you should probably buy it if you want to keep using the software, or find an alternative. If the trial doesn't work, then you might be able to get some support for it (since it's the vendor's desire to have you like it and buy the product).
Frozenghost001

Postby Frozenghost001 » Fri May 07, 2010 5:00 pm

yea the trial works i uninstalled the full version before and the trail runs no problem. idk i guess ill try and contact them. i have version 2.7.2 (from like 2007) and im running on vista. idk that might be the problem??
Check out my youtube page to see my Frets on Fire videos, as well as all my other awesomely-awesome videos!
kevin1gamer

Postby kevin1gamer » Fri May 07, 2010 5:07 pm

I think they only provide tech support to premium users, not normal people. But there's no harm in trying to contact them.
I'm proud to have been a part of this topic.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sat May 08, 2010 3:49 am

I never had any problems. You should try Fraps 3.0.
Frozenghost001

Postby Frozenghost001 » Sat May 08, 2010 11:02 am

I got it to work!!! haha this is what I did:

-Set FPS to 60
-Change "detect best sound imput" to "use windows imput"
-Let FRAPS record on FoFiX for about a minute (it should work, but no sound will be recorded).
-Minimize FoFiX, change the sound option back to "detect best sound imput"

And now, when I hit F9, it no longer freezes and I am able to record again!! woohoo!!!!!
A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Sat May 08, 2010 11:14 am

Hey I remember you, you're that guy who posted loads of fake FC videos on Youtube.

If you intend to finally do videos of you playing, you really should update Fraps. I think they have fixed majority of Vista bugs since 2.7.2, probably including the one you described.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Sat May 08, 2010 11:28 am

I'm running FRAPS on Vista and like acrox I have never had any issues, except that sometime the video end up in the Fraps folder, not the Movie folder in Fraps.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Frozenghost001

Postby Frozenghost001 » Sun May 09, 2010 9:20 am

Kotti wrote:Hey I remember you, you're that guy who posted loads of fake FC videos on Youtube.

If you intend to finally do videos of you playing, you really should update Fraps. I think they have fixed majority of Vista bugs since 2.7.2, probably including the one you described.

lol yea i removed them all a long time ago. i actually started posting real videos since june 30th 2009 (thats the date of my first "real" video), and then since haven't gone back to faking it again. im actually really good, like just now i FC'd 'Become the Catalyst" by All That Remains on my sightread :)

but i contacted them, and they said they cant help me cause im not a member. i explained to them my situation again, more in-depth, and they basically told me to go buy it otherwise we cannot help you. and i dont feel like spending money on something like this.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~
ok, new problem. just tried opening fraps, and now it wont even open. it just gives an error when i click on it. any help?
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sun May 09, 2010 9:42 am

What error? Also, you should try WeGame or Camtasia too.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun May 09, 2010 1:09 pm

If you're not willing to buy a legit copy of Fraps, then you might as well try using something else because they don't have to support non-customers. As acrox mentioned, wegame may be worth trying. I believe it's specialized for OpenGL/DirectX like FRAPS.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun May 09, 2010 10:06 pm

Why don't you just upgrade? Seriously.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
niko

Postby niko » Mon May 10, 2010 1:39 pm

Fraps sucks.

I cant even record smoothly with +3GB ram... FML
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Mon May 10, 2010 6:15 pm

You actually told them that you pirated it?
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.

Return to “Off-Topic”