MP3 players

Everything else in here
This topic is 14 years and 1 week old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Rapt0r

MP3 players

Postby Rapt0r » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:58 pm

Since I'm finally working again, I can now afford a new MP3 player to replace the one that was stolen. I will have the money in 2 weeks time. I don't want to spend more than $200 (before taxes and possibly warrenty). I'm looking for suggestions on some good MP3 players.

[edit]How the hell do these lists work?
[edit2] fixed it.
Features I want
  • At least 8GB of built in storage
  • (micro)SDHC Slot expansion
  • Radio
  • Doesn't require proprietary software for songs, ect.
  • Maybe have Wifi?
  • Nice interface with easy to use controls

Possibly some more features but this is all I can think of off the top of my head. I would like to avoid Apple at all possible but the prospect of a jailbroken iPod Touch (8GB or MAYBE the 32GB model) is already on my mind but as a very last resort. All the apps sound pretty handy and would be nice to complement everything my peice of **** phone lacks but I'm very against Apple.

I'm open to pretty much any suggestions (just don't suggest Apple **** as I've already mentioned it).
Last edited by Rapt0r on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: MP3 players

Postby amak11 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:01 pm

Microsoft Zune, end of discussion
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:02 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention. Actually tell me WHY I should get it? Also, I hate Zune's for pretty much the same reason I hate iPods. Maybe if you tell me WHY I would want a Zune, maybe.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:11 pm

I forgot, but my brother a sony walkman MP3 player, it has a radio. I think some of the models with more memory also contain a micro sd card slot (i think). They also dont require propriatary software (if you do not choose to install it), he pretty much copy and paste his music into it. As a plus, they are cheaper then iPods.
Last edited by amak11 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:12 pm

What model? Just saying Sony MP3 player doesn't really narrow it down much at all.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:17 pm

Sony S series Walkman MP3 Video Player
Model Number:NWZ-S544BLK
thats teh model he has, they also have 16 gb models

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:21 pm

I assume this http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/son ... 70115.html?

My girlfriends "step father" has one. I put a bunch of my music on it for him once. It seemed fairly nice. I'll keep this in mind.

I thought you were bullshitting me. I thought Apple froze the price of all of their products (to stop competition between their store and 3rd party suppliers) but the 32GB model is about $260. Walmart hax.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:27 pm

Oh, it's 176$ for an 8GB. Must have raised it over the past week.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:28 pm

Eitherway, if I do end up with a Touch, this solidifies the fact I'm getting the 32GB model.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:33 pm

Well, it would be cool cause there apps you can put on it too. There are a lot of features that it has that others don't.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:35 pm

But it doesn't have the features I WANT. iPods have every feature evert EXCEPT everything a music player SHOULD have.
ADH

Postby ADH » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:42 pm

An iPod touch sounds cool and all but the fact that you HAVE to use itunes bugs me. Sandisk has some great Mp3 Players. I have a 4GB Fuze and a 4GB Micro SD card. and I love it. The 8GB version is only $89.99. http://www.sandisk.com/products/sansa-m ... sansa-fuze
Plus: They are very durable.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:45 pm

I had a 8GB fuze, loved the **** out of it, left it in my coat in my trunk and thought it was lost. 3 months later I bought another 8GB fuze. Loved the hell out of it again until it was stolen from my car (I found my first Fuze 2 weeks prior to this incident and it was sold to a friend). I don't have good luck with the Fuze even though it is the best MP3 player I've own. God damn that battery lasts well over 24 hours (I used it all day at work, in the car on the way home, left in the car, and was still on the next afternoon when I left to go out AND it wasn't even at a full charge when I started work the day before).

As I stated in my topic post (I think), if I got an iPod, it would be jailbroken. I don't want some half functional peice of ****.
Huzzah!
R4L

Postby R4L » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:17 am

Rapt0r wrote:As I stated in my topic post (I think), if I got an iPod, it would be jailbroken. I don't want some half functional peice of ****.

Main reason I bought it to be honest, besides the whole music thing. Seriously, I paid good money for it, I should be able to do what I want with it. Plus, free apps are awesome.

Sig disabled. ~nwru
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:26 am

Rapt0r wrote:Features I want
  • At least 8GB of built in storage
  • (micro)SDHC Slot expansion
  • Radio
  • Doesn't require proprietary software for songs, ect.
  • Maybe have Wifi?
  • Nice interface with easy to use controls

Sounds like something that isn't built with MP3 playing as the main purpose. I have a (spam) and my Mother has the newest one, they both have MP3 players built in(new one has "player" buttons at the top), both have expandable memory, both have wi-fi, both have decent to nice(new one is nicer) interfaces with simplistic controls, neither require proprietary software for songs, and the new one can download a "custom" radio for free in the apps store.

Anyways in terms of things specifically built for MP3 playing, my Dad has a Sony Walkman too(not sure which version) that works great and has a nice looking interface(none expandable memory though).

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Return to “Off-Topic”