Listen to my NEW album (Two Thousand and Techno) for free :P

Everything else in here
This topic is 14 years and 3 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Re: Listen to my NEW album (Two Thousand and Techno) for free :P

Postby vedicardi » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:48 pm

You think I'd believe that when you can't even sing a single note in tune?
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Always So Negative
RealCheese

Postby RealCheese » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:01 am

I thoroughly enjoyed the album... Thank you.
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:01 am

vedicardi wrote:You think I'd believe that when you can't even sing a single note in tune?

just because i suck at singing doesn't mean I don't know music theory.

RealCheese wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed the album... Thank you.

I don't know if i remember or not but I'm pretty sure you didn't even like my first album, but then again this one is an epic improvement, so :P.
Image Image
Image Image

Amak11 wrote:haha, if only you were of age
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:36 am

vedicardi wrote:
Nathaniel607 wrote:
vedicardi wrote:my advice: stop "making" music and try to get some actual skill playing music

If by that you mean composing music then playing it, fine. But if you mean just covers, then that's a fail right there.

Composing good music, even the way he's doing it, is probably harder than just playing. Though obviously there are extremes...

Anyone can compose crappy music like he is, but it's crappy because he doesn't even understand it. To learn music theory you need to at least play one instrument, that's my point.

Just because anyone can do it does not mean you should not do it. This is a really narrow-minded reason not to "make" something, music or anything, and reflects your own ignorance of the creative process.
"Anyone can do it"? This is the crappiest and most pretentious argument ever in a "critic".

Concerning the "album", I have to say it's much easier to listen to than I expected. Can't say I like it as I'm not a big fan of techno and other EDM but I'm involved in other electronic music genres and can't say I dislike it either. I'd go with previous description:
Electro Tomato wrote:That said, the music isn't horrid. It's average techno.
pimpinpalomo

Postby pimpinpalomo » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:10 am

I don't listen to techno that much, but this isn't that bad. Keep up the good work :thumbup:
Always So Negative
RealCheese

Postby RealCheese » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:21 am

estemshorn wrote:
vedicardi wrote:You think I'd believe that when you can't even sing a single note in tune?

just because i suck at singing doesn't mean I don't know music theory.

RealCheese wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed the album... Thank you.

I don't know if i remember or not but I'm pretty sure you didn't even like my first album, but then again this one is an epic improvement, so :P.

You do definitely suck at singing.

I barely decided to post in this thread and I'm 100% sure I didn't post in the other.
NNdimethyltryptamine
Electro Tomato

Postby Electro Tomato » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:38 pm

Eric,
Rule 5, Theorem 8.3, Postulate 9 of Internet Non-Retardation wrote:Don't use the word epic in unnecessary circumstances. Also see Postulates 10, 11, and 14; Don't use the words fail, win, or either in conjunction with epic in unnecessary circumstances.
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:31 pm

RealCheese wrote:I barely decided to post in this thread and I'm 100% sure I didn't post in the other.

oh, I think i confused you with someone else i guess [/quote]

Electro Tomato wrote:Eric,

Rule 5, Theorem 8.3, Postulate 9 of Internet Non-Retardation wrote:Don't use the word epic in unnecessary circumstances. Also see Postulates 10, 11, and 14; Don't use the words fail, win, or either in conjunction with epic in unnecessary circumstances.

I'm not trying to look retarded, it's just kind of a habit :P
Image Image
Image Image

Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:18 pm

You may be fail, and you music may not be win, but this thread is epic.
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.
NNdimethyltryptamine
Electro Tomato

Postby Electro Tomato » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:41 pm

OzzyOzrock wrote:You may be fail, and you music may not be win, but this thread is epic.

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:58 pm

raph666 wrote:Just because anyone can do it does not mean you should not do it. This is a really narrow-minded reason not to "make" something, music or anything, and reflects your own ignorance of the creative process.
"Anyone can do it"? This is the crappiest and most pretentious argument ever in a "critic".

how can you say that not everyone can make a crappy song in FL studio? If the music was written out on paper, that'd be completely different, but really. I agree that just because anyone can do it, that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it, but that doesn't mean you SHOULD either. I'm saying he shouldn't compose music because he can't understand it. I didn't say he shouldn't even though he can, I'm saying he shouldn't because he's bad at it. I mean, sure, go ahead and do it so you can get better, but don't put it on the internet as if it's some polished product, calling it an "album"
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:05 am

vedicardi wrote:I mean, sure, go ahead and do it so you can get better, but don't put it on the internet as if it's some polished product, calling it an "album"

Well, what else am i supposed to call it? I know it's not a real album and probably never will be, but it's still better than to call it a "sort of compilation of music" or something.
Image Image
Image Image

NNdimethyltryptamine
Electro Tomato

Postby Electro Tomato » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:54 pm

vedicardi wrote:
raph666 wrote:Just because anyone can do it does not mean you should not do it. This is a really narrow-minded reason not to "make" something, music or anything, and reflects your own ignorance of the creative process.

how can you say that not everyone can make a crappy song in FL studio? If the music was written out on paper, that'd be completely different, but really. I agree that just because anyone can do it, that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it, but that doesn't mean you SHOULD either. I'm saying he shouldn't compose music because he can't understand it. I didn't say he shouldn't even though he can, I'm saying he shouldn't because he's bad at it. I mean, sure, go ahead and do it so you can get better, but don't put it on the internet as if it's some polished product, calling it an "album"

I enjoyed some of it. It's good enough reason to make music if somebody is there to enjoy it. Just look at the Billboard Top 100. There's enough uncultured retards that will enjoy what Lady GaGa, Lil Wayne, and Justin Bieber create that they'll continue to do it. I'd credit Eric for making this music free of charge in the first place. Like you said, anyone can go in and make this kind of techno, but they'll usually don "DJ ____" and sell it. Eric just does it to make music. There aren't enough people making music for the enjoyment. He's making music to please no one but himself and I admire that. He isn't pandering to what anyone, including you, wants him to do.
kevin1gamer

Postby kevin1gamer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Congratulations on your album. Might I recommend uploading the songs to YouTube?
I'm proud to have been a part of this topic.
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:57 pm

kevin1gamer wrote:Congratulations on your album. Might I recommend uploading the songs to YouTube?

I was thinking about doing that, as I already have 2 of the songs as music videos, and 1 other song with a fail video that i may redo or something.
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Off-Topic”