I hate my job.

Everything else in here
This topic is 14 years and 2 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
What's my age again?
KTownEgghead

I hate my job.

Postby KTownEgghead » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:21 pm

What can I expect? I'm now closing at work, and I've never really stayed past 9... I'm going to be there until 12, if not later. I work at Arbys. Does anybody here on the forums work nights that can give me a few tips on how to keep from dying of exhaustion? And I'm doing this because I desperately need the hours :P

Also, if you work in the fast food industry, post tips about customer relations/food service/etc. here.

EDIT: NEW TOPIC:

I hate my job. How many of you do too, and if you do, how do you get through it without wanting to drop kick somebody?
Last edited by KTownEgghead on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dance along the fault line; feel the shaking in your bones,
lose the tension in my throat, and live for something.
Rapt0r

Re: Working nights.

Postby Rapt0r » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:33 pm

COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:36 pm

What?! How old are you? I thought Child labor laws prevented you from closing, at least on weekdays.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Postby omfgdrphl » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:08 am

Drugs
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Postby jdawg » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:28 am

KTownEgghead wrote:What can I expect? I'm now closing at work, and I've never really stayed past 9... I'm going to be there until 12, if not later. I work at Arbys. Does anybody here on the forums work nights that can give me a few tips on how to keep from dying of exhaustion? And I'm doing this because I desperately need the hours :P

Also, if you work in the fast food industry, post tips about customer relations/food service/etc. here.

I just went to arby's and they are **** closed. Its 10:30...
Ions are here, amazang
space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:23 am

Couple things: Sleep when you can - especially if you're working daytime hours too. I've never had a problem staying up late (say until 3 am or so), so I can't say much about that - but overnights really kill you if you don't have a reasonable schedule established. 10-6 to 12-8 are the worst shifts... basically ever.

As for customer service... Do you need customer service tips? For fast food overnights? I assure you that at least 50% of your customers will be inebriated in some manner. If you mishear an order, put your closest guess - it's way less annoying than "I'm sorry, what did you say?" and most places have fancy screens that print your mistake nowadays (if not most of the people you mishear will never come back to correct it and/or won't care). Just go with everything everyone says and you'll be fine. This, conveniently, also works when you're getting robbed. Which you can also look forward to!
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
WhatIsThisIDon'tEven
Davidrawr

Postby Davidrawr » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:36 am

I work nights around University and it's a killer. If you're like me then you probably hate the thought of coming straight home from work and going to bed.

However if you need to be up in the morning for anything then there's really no other choice... If you can get your sleeping pattern to work out 1am-9am then it should be fine though :)

Personally, mine's been wrecked for a while now. I tend to sleep at around 7am and wake up at 3pm (missing Uni).
My song thread!
You can cut our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly.
What's my age again?
KTownEgghead

Postby KTownEgghead » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:55 am

aander91 wrote:What?! How old are you? I thought Child labor laws prevented you from closing, at least on weekdays.

lol, I'm 17... and we close at 11:00. I stay the extra hour for cleanup, prep for the next day, etc... Thanks for the tip on sleep patterns. That will REALLY help on weekends, because nothing is really happening. The only thing that sucks is I'm still in school, and I get out at 3:15. I guess I could go home and sleep until 6, but that wouldn't be very efficient. I'm just hoping that I can get in at 6, and leave AT 12, so I can get home and sleep.

Gah.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:04 pm

12:00 is late? What the hell.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:05 pm

Rapt0r wrote:12:00 is late? What the hell.

12 really isnt that late ktown, plenty of time to chill before you sleep. Get to bed around 1-2..? :huh:

Your body will quickly adapt to whatever sleep routine you submit yourself too. Power napping is a great example of this, training the body to sleep for like half an hour every 4 hours so that you have more productive awake time.
Huzzah!
R4L

Postby R4L » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:10 pm

iamsensay wrote:

12 really isnt that late ktown, plenty of time to chill before you sleep. Get to bed around 1-2..? :huh:

Your body will quickly adapt to whatever sleep routine you submit yourself too. Power napping is a great example of this, training the body to sleep for like half an hour every 4 hours so that you have more productive awake time.

Who has time to do that?

"Hey wanna chill for a bit?"

"Na man I got two power naps soon."

Sig disabled. ~nwru
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:34 pm

R4L wrote:
iamsensay wrote:

Who has time to do that?

"Hey wanna chill for a bit?"

"Na man I got two power naps soon."

Haha. Its not like it would be avoidable either, once your bodies in that routine if you miss your 'naptime' you'll show real signs of sleep deprivation pretty quickly. Anyway, just mentioned it to demonstrate my point about his body adjusting to whatever routine he settles upon.

EDIT: Who just 'chills' for over 8 hours? :wink:
Nicknamed Shamrock
Kermit4Prez

Postby Kermit4Prez » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:49 pm

Been working from seven
To eleven every night

Anyways, just do meth, you won't have to sleep for days.

Spoiler:

It's not a real goose, it's only a picture of one.

What's my age again?
KTownEgghead

Postby KTownEgghead » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:02 pm

iamsensay wrote:

I usually go to bed from 10:00-11:00. I have school the next morning (wake up at 6), so I'm going to be making a new sleep pattern. Not everybody on the forums stays up for hours on end :)

Return to “Off-Topic”