Games you wanna see happen

Everything else in here
This topic is 5 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Shredder
Scutch-Nukem

Re: Games you wanna see happen

Postby Scutch-Nukem » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:57 pm

Rapt0r wrote:Why does everyone want <insert game here> the mmo? Honestly, I've rarely seen an mmo adaptation of a single player game that was worth playing (and any other mmo out there). Yeah they would be fun, but they would have all the inherit problems of mmos.

But its a **** Pokemon M..M..O!!!
If you can read this then you've gone too far.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:01 pm

Rapt0r wrote:Why does everyone want <insert game here> the mmo? Honestly, I've rarely seen an mmo adaptation of a single player game that was worth playing (and any other mmo out there). Yeah they would be fun, but they would have all the inherit problems of mmos.

Pokemon already has those problems, so it's a great fit for a MMO. :tongue2:
In general, I'm actually of the same opinion as you. Unlike most single-player games though, I think pokemon really would be a good fit for an MMO, but wouldn't work under the current system of gameplay. (I mean walking around the map, not battles). Could you imagine how crowded pokemon centers would get?
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:02 pm

omfgdrphl wrote:Final Fantasy X was **** amazing man. :mad:

Lol. It's just an opinion dood, no need to have a fit over it I still love you o.-

Pokemon MMO actually wouldn't be bad now that I think about it(I'd hope it would be first person 3D MMO though, instead of a "sprite" MMO).

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

dey see me trollin
mitch951

Postby mitch951 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:19 pm

tibiazak wrote:I'm still waiting for an MMO based on the .hack// universe.

DO WANT
Shredder
Scutch-Nukem

Postby Scutch-Nukem » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:20 pm

death_au wrote:

Pokemon already has those problems, so it's a great fit for a MMO. :tongue2:
In general, I'm actually of the same opinion as you. Unlike most single-player games though, I think pokemon really would be a good fit for an MMO, but wouldn't work under the current system of gameplay. (I mean walking around the map, not battles). Could you imagine how crowded pokemon centers would get?

They could easily just instance those types of maps.

The wilderness and towns, I don't know, I guess they could just increase their size. /shrug
If you can read this then you've gone too far.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:21 am

Scutch-Nukem wrote:
death_au wrote:Pokemon already has those problems, so it's a great fit for a MMO. :tongue2:

The wilderness and towns, I don't know, I guess they could just increase their size. /shrug

What Ambiguity said. Making it 3D instead of sprite would fix a bunch of it already (although I vote 3rd person, customizable avatar, as opposed to 1st), but mostly they would have to make areas bigger in general, like you said.
Not necessarily a bad thing either. What kind of city has one shop, one gym and three houses (give-or-take) anyway?
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:25 am

death_au wrote:
Scutch-Nukem wrote:
death_au wrote:Pokemon already has those problems, so it's a great fit for a MMO. :tongue2:

What Ambiguity said. Making it 3D instead of sprite would fix a bunch of it already (although I vote 3rd person, customizable avatar, as opposed to 1st), but mostly they would have to make areas bigger in general, like you said.
Not necessarily a bad thing either. What kind of city has one shop, one gym and three houses (give-or-take) anyway?

The Safari Zone would probably be great.

And how many impromptu bike races to you think would crop up?
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:38 am

death_au wrote:What Ambiguity said. Making it 3D instead of sprite would fix a bunch of it already (although I vote 3rd person, customizable avatar, as opposed to 1st), but mostly they would have to make areas bigger in general, like you said.

Is 3rd person and over the shoulder view(like you can see the whole back of your avatar)? If so then that's what I meant, I can never remember the "rules" to that stuff.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:20 am

Ambiguity wrote:Is 3rd person and over the shoulder view(like you can see the whole back of your avatar)? If so then that's what I meant, I can never remember the "rules" to that stuff.

Rule of thumb: First = me, Second = you, third = he/she/them. Second person doesn't really apply to games that well, but in first-person I am the character, while in third, that's them in front of me.

Thinking about that, and getting back on topic, I'd like to see someone pull off a second-person game. A game about you from your perspective. Not sure if it's possible, but I'd like to see it.
That and a game that pulls off 4 dimensions believably (I know a guy who's doing some research into this... It's hard to get your head around).
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:34 am

death_au wrote:Thinking about that, and getting back on topic, I'd like to see someone pull off a second-person game. A game about you from your perspective. Not sure if it's possible, but I'd like to see it.
That and a game that pulls off 4 dimensions believably (I know a guy who's doing some research into this... It's hard to get your head around).

So you want a game where you see me watching you? If so I would think it would have to be a team game where your screen is split in half, one for what you see, and one for what your partner sees(though that kind of sounds like a waste of space to me).

Last time I heard something about 4 dimensions it has to do with the 4d object closing in on itself in periodically(dunno how true to life it was though).

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:53 am

death_au wrote:Thinking about that, and getting back on topic, I'd like to see someone pull off a second-person game. A game about you from your perspective. Not sure if it's possible, but I'd like to see it.

I don't think I'd ever play a spacial mind f*ck game... Would probably end very poorly for me, no matter how innovative it is, haha.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
Dr. Wooldoor is in.
guitarfreak93

Postby guitarfreak93 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:44 am

I'm just looking forward to elder scrolls V and Fallout 4... and maybe if I'm lucky skin flute Hero...
omgyouredead
ryanpanties

Postby ryanpanties » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:36 am

I still want a Bethesda-style RPG based in the Dune universe. :love:

Also, Modern Warfare w/ Zombies or Nazi Zombies as a campaign game in it's own right.
Maartah

Postby Maartah » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:56 am

Rapt0r wrote:Why does everyone want <insert game here> the mmo?

Because hope is beautiful :laugh: and a good pokemon MMO could be the next WoW. And I know I'd give it a try, even with my hate for MMOs.
My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:10 am

Ambiguity wrote:Last time I heard something about 4 dimensions it has to do with the 4d object closing in on itself in periodically(dunno how true to life it was though).

That's pretty much what the guy I know was doing. He had developed a "game" of sorts... It was like a rubiks cube, but instead of 9 of each colour on each side, it only had one, and all you had to do was rotate it to match the picture. Inanely simple in 3D, but you have to get your head around "pushing through" that fourth dimension in order to match it up properly. It was in interesting challenge.

Return to “Off-Topic”