Music Recommendation Thread

Everything else in here
This topic is 14 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
NNdimethyltryptamine
Electro Tomato

Re: Music Recommendation Thread

Postby Electro Tomato » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:02 pm

yoyokid2008 wrote:King Crimson is amazing imo you kid.

That's better.
dey see me trollin
mitch951

Postby mitch951 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:32 pm

sonicandshadow97 wrote:
doomtron wrote:
sonicandshadow97 wrote:Doomtron: Metallica?
NO. F*ck Metallica. :thumbdown: (Kill Em' All and Ride the Lightning are good though)

F*ck whoever says that *Flicks his heads at DT*

doomtron wrote:
sonicandshadow97 wrote:Anarchy Club, A7X, Yngwie, Metallica, Dream Theater, Dead Kennedys, Megadeth, and Motley Crue...

Any suggestions.

I have a broad taste for music :p

:blink: I wouldn't call that broad... (you could call all those bands except DKs metal). Or even good (I'm looking at you, Avenged Sevenfold).

You like metal/alternative? SOUNDGARDEN. NAO. Thrash Metal? old Slayer (pre-South of Heaven). Prog? KING CRIMSON. NAO.

Oh yeah, and Megadeth>Metallica :p

SG is AWESOME!!!!

Prog = PWN

Old Slayer is epic WIN

King Crimson = Meh

The only prog band you seem to listen to is DT
Why are you saying it's that good if you only listen to one band under that genre?
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:36 pm

felixdaman18 wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_against Look at the right where it says genres. You'll find punk rock and hardcore punk.
http://www.last.fm/music/Rise%2520Against?ac=rise%20against Read the first sentence and the tags
They may not sound like punk from the 90s and older, but they are punk for our decade.

lol wikipedia = fact

just LISTEN to their music, if they are punk, it's pop punk. There is not a single currently mainstream band that is punk. Rise Against's lyrics pander too much and are just far too stupid for punk.
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
I luv Fallout!!!
sonicandshadow97

Postby sonicandshadow97 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:44 pm

mitch951 wrote:The only prog band you seem to listen to is DT
Why are you saying it's that good if you only listen to one band under that genre?

I listen to more than DT.

Jethro Tull = Awesome
DT = Epic
Rush = Pwn
Symphony X = Amazing

I don't know. There aren't too many bands that I know of that are prog, but those are the few that I think of.
Image Image
Check out my songs. My most recent one is On the Backs of Angels by Dream Theater (Soon to be upped) And I am working on The Mob Rules by Adrenaline Mob.
yoyokid2008

Postby yoyokid2008 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:55 pm

I lol'd.
\
Rock Band Enthusiast
mrbrownstone1990

Postby mrbrownstone1990 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:58 pm

sonicandshadow97 wrote:

Jethro Tull = Awesome
DT = Epic
Rush = Pwn
Symphony X = Amazing

I don't know. There aren't too many bands that I know of that are prog, but those are the few that I think of.

You need to listen to more Pink Floyd then!
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:58 pm

Spastic Ink!
Yes!
Athiest!
Necrotizing Fascitis!
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
The System
hereje888

Postby hereje888 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:08 pm

mrbrownstone1990 wrote:
sonicandshadow97 wrote:

Jethro Tull = Awesome
DT = Epic
Rush = Pwn
Symphony X = Amazing

You need to listen to more Pink Floyd then!

YES. THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^

and aanders bands, and

Emerson Lake & Palmer
King Crimson (but that's more popular round here now, i dont need to tell you)
Genesis!
MASTODON! (THEN you can say you like prog metal)
QUEENSRYCHE!! (NOW we're talking prog metal)

Otherwise you're FAR from liking prog

...constructive criticism though :tongue:

Electro Tomato wrote:
DarkestFreedom wrote:YOU ARE GOD!!!!

Directed at Hereje

Hereje = Heretic in spanish

God = Heretic

:laugh:

I luv Fallout!!!
sonicandshadow97

Postby sonicandshadow97 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:23 pm

hereje888 wrote:MASTODON! (THEN you can say you like prog metal)

Heard Mastodon. The only song I have heard is So-So

Besides, I am talking all prog. Not just prog metal.
Image Image
Check out my songs. My most recent one is On the Backs of Angels by Dream Theater (Soon to be upped) And I am working on The Mob Rules by Adrenaline Mob.
The System
hereje888

Postby hereje888 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:26 pm

sonicandshadow97 wrote:
hereje888 wrote:MASTODON! (THEN you can say you like prog metal)

Heard Mastodon. The only song I have heard is So-So

Besides, I am talking all prog. Not just prog metal.

Really? :confused: What song was it?

Iron Tusk, Blood and Thunder, March of the Fire Ants, Oblivion, Ghost of Karelia......could go on...

and the first 3bands i named are prog prog (not metal)

Electro Tomato wrote:

Directed at Hereje

God = Heretic

Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:30 pm

vedicardi wrote:
felixdaman18 wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_against Look at the right where it says genres. You'll find punk rock and hardcore punk.
http://www.last.fm/music/Rise%2520Against?ac=rise%20against Read the first sentence and the tags
They may not sound like punk from the 90s and older, but they are punk for our decade.

lol wikipedia = fact

just LISTEN to their music, if they are punk, it's pop punk. There is not a single currently mainstream band that is punk. Rise Against's lyrics pander too much and are just far too stupid for punk.

Yeah, Rise Against is NOT punk. To quote my cousin, "Anyone can make a song about how George Bush sucks but it doesn't make you cool". Political Pop-punk FTL (aka Wannabe Punk).
sonicandshadow97 wrote:King Crimson = Meh

:blink:

hereje888 wrote:
doomtron wrote:Oh yeah, and Megadeth>Metallica :p

Well:
1983-1988: No. Both kick major amounts of ass but just...no.
1990-NOW: Definitely, absolutely, hands down, yes.

Well, I think 80s Megadeth beats 80s 'Tallica (except So Far, So Good, which pretty much sucks) I think. Killing is My Business is one of the most under appreciated metal albums out there IMO, and Peace Sells kicks ass. Don't get me wrong, 80s Metallica is win; Kill 'Em All is a great album, (except Mechanix>Four Horsemen) and so is Ride the Lightning. Master of Puppets is good, if way overrated. Justice for All is great, too, but One is WAY overrated.
mitch951 wrote:
sonicandshadow97 wrote:Doomtron: Metallica?

Odds are, you have heard them. They are pretty close (Not the voice) to Megadeth. Maybe some Janes Addiction, as they are not as heavy, but still have that older sound that most old metal has.

Anarchy Club, A7X, Yngwie, Metallica, Dream Theater, Dead Kennedys, Megadeth, and Motley Crue...

Any suggestions.

I have a broad taste for music :p

Yngwie isnt music
It's a guitarist that reuses scales continuosly and arranges classical pieces for guitar
Broad? It would seem the only band you listen to that wouldnt be classified under metal as an umbrella term is the Dead Kennedys, which are punk.

THIS^^
ImageImage

Scutch-Nukem wrote:Goldfish are like, the perfect goddamn snack, because they're all like "Eat me and my cheesy goodness as well as my friends because we smile back." And while you're munching on their cheesy wheat-y goodness, a person breaks into your home and begins to rob everything you own, because you have some ****' goldfish at hand, they smile back at you with that "Every little thing is going to be alright" kind of look and then you think they're some freaky-ass jamaican goldfish or something but then "Wait, goldfish aren't jamaican. They are canadian, which is why they come in bags." So you end up wanting to hang out with your rastafarian friend but wait, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS. So you end up trying to download the Bob Marley discography but wait, THERE ARE NO SEEDS. Then, when the clock strikes twelve, you realize that your goldfish are quickly running out, and you wonder to yourself "Do goldfish feel pain?" So to test this theory you begin to break them in half, demanding that they give you direct coordinates to the rebel base. But they say nothing, so you continue to munch on their cheesy wheat-y goodness. But what's this? THE BAG IS EMPTY!

Alone in your dark empty room, you crawl your hollow shell of a body to the darkest corner, and your mourn, you mourn the lost of your goldfish, and you ponder... should I buy another bag?

That is a ****' goldfish.
aander91 wrote:Trolling mods? I love this thread!

What is Kermit4Prez?

is it technically a muppet? or is it a puppet on its own? personally i think its a puppet president elect that should be called muppet: in the senate or something like that

The System
hereje888

Postby hereje888 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:38 pm

doomtron wrote:Yeah, Rise Against is NOT punk. To quote my cousin, "Anyone can make a song about how George Bush sucks but it doesn't make you cool". Political Pop-punk FTL (aka Wannabe Punk).

Love that quote, so true (except there ARE cool artists that talk about "GB sucks", just not punk ones)

doomtron wrote:
hereje888 wrote:
doomtron wrote:Oh yeah, and Megadeth>Metallica :p

Well:

Well, I think 80s Megadeth beats 80s 'Tallica (except So Far, So Good, which pretty much sucks) I think. Killing is My Business is one of the most under appreciated metal albums out there IMO, and Peace Sells kicks ass. Don't get me wrong, 80s Metallica is win; Kill 'Em All is a great album, (except Mechanix>Four Horsemen) and so is Ride the Lightning. Master of Puppets is good, if way overrated. Justice for All is great, too, but One is WAY overrated.

Both bands kick ass in 80s...but if you think sfsgsw sucks, "in my darkest hour" and "into the lungs of hell" are for you. i hate the "one" case, because it really IS awesome, but gh memekids have made the song less enjoyable for real fans. and Four Horsemen>>Mechanix :tongue:

Electro Tomato wrote:

Directed at Hereje

God = Heretic

Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:45 pm

hereje888 wrote:
doomtron wrote:Yeah, Rise Against is NOT punk. To quote my cousin, "Anyone can make a song about how George Bush sucks but it doesn't make you cool". Political Pop-punk FTL (aka Wannabe Punk).

Love that quote, so true (except there ARE cool artists that talk about "GB sucks", just not punk ones)

doomtron wrote:
hereje888 wrote:Well:

Both bands kick ass in 80s...but if you think sfsgsw sucks, "in my darkest hour" and "into the lungs of hell" are for you. i hate the "one" case, because it really IS awesome, but gh memekids have made the song less enjoyable for real fans. and Four Horsemen>>Mechanix :tongue:

Yeah, teh GH3 memekids is what I was referring to.

And about sfsgsw, I personally thought it was ok, but then I heard Anarchy in the UK. Listen to Peace Sells, then sfsgsw and tell me sfsgsw is a good Megadeth album :p

Oh yeah, and have you heard Mechanix? Four Horsemen is a good song by itself but sucks compared to the original version, I think.

BTW, my cousin wins. [advertising]He actually has a semi-decent 2000s punk band. They sound A LOT like Black Flag. Brother Bear and the Skitzo Punx. Check 'em out on Myspace (even though they have sh*tty recording equipment, lol)[/advertising]

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

ImageImage

Scutch-Nukem wrote:Goldfish are like, the perfect goddamn snack, because they're all like "Eat me and my cheesy goodness as well as my friends because we smile back." And while you're munching on their cheesy wheat-y goodness, a person breaks into your home and begins to rob everything you own, because you have some ****' goldfish at hand, they smile back at you with that "Every little thing is going to be alright" kind of look and then you think they're some freaky-ass jamaican goldfish or something but then "Wait, goldfish aren't jamaican. They are canadian, which is why they come in bags." So you end up wanting to hang out with your rastafarian friend but wait, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS. So you end up trying to download the Bob Marley discography but wait, THERE ARE NO SEEDS. Then, when the clock strikes twelve, you realize that your goldfish are quickly running out, and you wonder to yourself "Do goldfish feel pain?" So to test this theory you begin to break them in half, demanding that they give you direct coordinates to the rebel base. But they say nothing, so you continue to munch on their cheesy wheat-y goodness. But what's this? THE BAG IS EMPTY!

Alone in your dark empty room, you crawl your hollow shell of a body to the darkest corner, and your mourn, you mourn the lost of your goldfish, and you ponder... should I buy another bag?

What is Kermit4Prez?

is it technically a muppet? or is it a puppet on its own? personally i think its a puppet president elect that should be called muppet: in the senate or something like that

The System
hereje888

Postby hereje888 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:50 pm

doomtron wrote:Yeah, teh GH3 memekids is what I was referring to.

And about sfsgsw, I personally thought it was ok, but then I heard Anarchy in the UK. Listen to Peace Sells, then sfsgsw and tell me sfsgsw is a good Megadeth album :p

Oh yeah, and have you heard Mechanix? Four Horsemen is a good song by itself but sucks compared to the original version, I think.

BTW, my cousin wins. [advertising]He actually has a semi-decent 2000s punk band. They sound A LOT like Black Flag. Brother Bear and the Skitzo Punx. Check 'em out on Myspace (even though they have sh*tty recording equipment, lol)[/advertising]

-It is. Peace Sells is better though. Lets say peace sells get a 9 or 10 out of 10, SFSGSW would have 7 out of 10
-Four Horsemen>Mechanix. Because of Cliff, and the cool bridge. But Mechanix stil >>>> Many Songs.
-Advertising should absolutely become a bbcode custom :laugh:

Electro Tomato wrote:

Directed at Hereje

God = Heretic

Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:00 pm

hereje888 wrote:
doomtron wrote:Yeah, teh GH3 memekids is what I was referring to.

-It is. Peace Sells is better though. Lets say peace sells get a 9 or 10 out of 10, SFSGSW would have 7 out of 10
-Four Horsemen>Mechanix. Because of Cliff, and the cool bridge. But Mechanix stil >>>> Many Songs.
-Advertising should absolutely become a bbcode custom :laugh:

eh, I prefer Mechanix but whateva. Cliff is good but idk.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

ImageImage

What is Kermit4Prez?

Return to “Off-Topic”