AlienWare Computers

Everything else in here
This topic is 14 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Tormann71

Re: AlienWare Computers

Postby Tormann71 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:03 pm

Belisario93 wrote:
Tormann71 wrote:
Belisario93 wrote:One thing that I like about Dell over many others is that they don't have as much useless crap installed from the factory.

:confused: :confused: :confused: What!?!?!

I spent hours removing useless sh*t from a Dell computer right after it was purchased.

you sure it wasn't stuff that came with <insert Operating System here>? because the only programs I saw on my mom's Dell that she bought like 2 weeks ago were ones that I had on my Acer when I bought it...

It was a Dell laptop with Vista on it, and it was filled with useless programs.
aduro

Postby aduro » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:54 pm

I'm not sure Dell buying Alienware was a bad thing, their prices do seem to have gotten a little less absurd

I remember hearing of a pretty good deal where you could buy one of those cheap dell computers on sale for like $400 with a e7500 dual core cpu and an unused pci-express slot, then you could go out and buy a 4850 or a 9800GT video card and you'd have a really solid gaming computer for ~$500
Tormann71

Postby Tormann71 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:02 pm

aduro wrote:I'm not sure Dell buying Alienware was a bad thing, their prices do seem to have gotten a little less absurd

I remember hearing of a pretty good deal where you could buy one of those cheap dell computers on sale for like $400 with a e7500 dual core cpu and an unused pci-express slot, then you could go out and buy a 4850 or a 9800GT video card and you'd have a really solid gaming computer for ~$500

That's pretty much what I have, only I built mine completely.
The total cost was right around $500.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:19 pm

Belisario93 wrote:

You can't really say that any one company is better performance-wise than another because they get pretty much their parts from the same companies.

I can say, when you have seen as much dells as i have, they are ****. I have fixed 11 dell computers in the past year alone. I know how they "save" you so much money. They use GENERIC parts that are not quality.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Tormann71

Postby Tormann71 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:35 pm

amak11 wrote:
Belisario93 wrote:

You can't really say that any one company is better performance-wise than another because they get pretty much their parts from the same companies.

I can say, when you have seen as much dells as i have, they are ****. I have fixed 11 dell computers in the past year alone. I know how they "save" you so much money. They use GENERIC parts that are not quality.

When you say "fix" what do you mean? What are you you fixing?
Are you replacing physical parts, or fixing things like HDD failures and viruses?
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:05 pm

If you want me to list everthing i did ok

comp1

New HDD (old one failed)
new cpu ( better then old one)

comp2

new cpu, mobo, and RAM (all fried in thunderstorm)

comp3
optical drive failure (replaced it)

etc blah blah blah. I had to reinstall the os on most of them.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Tormann71

Postby Tormann71 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:17 pm

I was just curious if the internal hardware was to blame or if it was just software problems.
shadowstreak

Postby shadowstreak » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:30 pm

go to Ibuypower.com for prebuilt systems, you save tons of money. Or build it yourself and save more. newegg.com is the way to go!
Tormann71

Postby Tormann71 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:31 pm

shadowstreak wrote:go to Ibuypower.com for prebuilt systems, you save tons of money. Or build it yourself and save more. newegg.com is the way to go!

Either newegg or tigerdirect. Tigerdirect tends to be cheaper on most things, and they're very reliable.
Everything in my computer was purchased from tiger :biggrin:
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:04 am

mitch951 wrote:
amak11 wrote:
Belisario93 wrote:

Unnecessary post removed - user warned.

So that would mean, 2 years of a computer engineering courses gone to waste? I know what I am talking about, when it concerns computers.

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

Tormann71

Postby Tormann71 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:11 am

amak11 wrote:So that would mean, 2 years of a computer engineering courses gone to waste? I know what I am talking about, when it concerns computers.

I've never taken a computer class (except typing and sh*t like that) and I know what I'm talking about with computers. It just took some experience and screwin' with sh*t a lot.
I'm always the one that gets called when someone's computer is F'ed up. Which can get kind of annoying, lol
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:48 am

Tormann71 wrote:I'm always the one that gets called when someone's computer is F'ed up. Which can get kind of annoying, lol

I like it. I find it's a new challenge every time i get call. Often for stupid reasons, to me it's fun.

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

Tormann71

Postby Tormann71 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:53 am

amak11 wrote:
Tormann71 wrote:I'm always the one that gets called when someone's computer is F'ed up. Which can get kind of annoying, lol

I like it. I find it's a new challenge every time i get call. Often for stupid reasons, to me it's fun.

I like it when I'm actually doing stuff to the computer, but when I'm trying to explain what to do or what the problem is to someone that is completely computer illiterate, it annoys the f*ck out of me.
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:46 pm

yoyokid2008 wrote:http://www.maingear.com

Me Wants... If there was only a Good computer whit Alien case that wasn't so overpriced...
aduro

Postby aduro » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:02 pm

Alienware towers are terrible to work with

Return to “Off-Topic”