What Games Have Scared You?

Everything else in here
This topic is 13 years and 2 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
SMO Manager
ddrXero64

Re: What Games Have Scared You?

Postby ddrXero64 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:24 am

Rapt0r wrote:Zombies ate my Neighbors used to scare me. THEM CHAINSAWS MAN! DAT GIANT BABY! SO MANY NIGHTMARES

NOICE. I was going to say that, but I realized I found it funnier because I knew it was just goofy. When I was young, I actually got more sucked into monotonous storylines, and my imagination was so ridiculous that I found imagining what would happen scarier than actually seeing it 16bit. Kinda odd I know. But yea, that game was awesome. Chainsaw guy with the hedges, huge baby, that weird snake thing (that crap was hard, you needed a bazooka and hell of an aim) and I don't recall getting far in the game at all haha

Super Nintendo games were the peak of difficulty, no new console really tops that.
Maartah

Postby Maartah » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:49 am

this game will probably scare me

this is the reversed trailer btw, but I like it more then the original one
My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants
SMO Manager
ddrXero64

Postby ddrXero64 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:57 am

Maartah wrote:this game will probably scare me

Nice, I saw this trailer a while back (about a month ago or more I'm sure). I saw the original trailer, and as dramatic as it was it was way too long. This reversed version is better I do agree.

And yea, I don't recommend that game for kids haha. It's bad enough they play GTA (well, not really it's just a game I guess) but this is kind of pushing it for the younger audience.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:41 am

When I was little Resident Evil and Parasite Eve scared the crap outta me. It's funny 'cause when I go back and play those games everything is hilarious because of the graphics. I remember MGS having amazing graphics in my head, but when I wen't back and played it I had to laugh at how they made the heads move so you know who's talking.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:08 am

ddrXero64 wrote:
Rapt0r wrote:Zombies ate my Neighbors used to scare me. THEM CHAINSAWS MAN! DAT GIANT BABY! SO MANY NIGHTMARES

NOICE. I was going to say that, but I realized I found it funnier because I knew it was just goofy. When I was young, I actually got more sucked into monotonous storylines, and my imagination was so ridiculous that I found imagining what would happen scarier than actually seeing it 16bit. Kinda odd I know. But yea, that game was awesome. Chainsaw guy with the hedges, huge baby, that weird snake thing (that crap was hard, you needed a bazooka and hell of an aim) and I don't recall getting far in the game at all haha

Super Nintendo games were the peak of difficulty, no new console really tops that.

SNES was the peak of difficulty? Go play NES and then come back to me. SNES games are easy mode.

Also, yeah. Duck those ducking worms. Betch and a half and you HAVE to kill them to get the keys.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:43 am

Rapt0r wrote: SNES games are easy mode.

Rapt0r wrote: Duck those ducking worms. Betch and a half and you HAVE to kill them to get the keys.

....What?

Also, scary games..

Nightmare creatures is one. I was at the right age to actually get scared by vidya games, much younger and most of the scary subtexts don't make sense, much older and it's just meh :laugh:

Anyway, monsters, 19th century london...spooky goings on. Used to sh!t me up.
The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Postby dadudemandude » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:22 am

Clive Barker's Undying, nothing more to say. Just the atmosphere, the story and the enemies all combined make it strangely disturbing, yet it's so awesome to play over and over again. Too bad the sequel never came out or was even made, though.

Davey
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:05 pm

iamsensay wrote:

Rapt0r wrote: Duck those ducking worms. Betch and a half and you HAVE to kill them to get the keys.

....What?

Well he obviously means. "In comparison to NES games, SNES games are easy mode" It's implied.

ddrXero64 wrote:
Maartah wrote:this game will probably scare me

Nice, I saw this trailer a while back (about a month ago or more I'm sure). I saw the original trailer, and as dramatic as it was it was way too long. This reversed version is better I do agree.

And yea, I don't recommend that game for kids haha. It's bad enough they play GTA (well, not really it's just a game I guess) but this is kind of pushing it for the younger audience.

How could you know it's scary if you haven't even seen the actual game.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:32 pm

SNES games ARE easy. What hard games are there that aren't hard due to crappy mechanics?
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
LongTimeGoner
PiXeLaDo

Postby PiXeLaDo » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:04 pm

F.E.A.R. with it's floating dudes is the only game that scared me, though I don't play much nowadays.
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:10 pm

RedShadow wrote:
iamsensay wrote:

....What?

Well he obviously means. "In comparison to NES games, SNES games are easy mode" It's implied.

Gee it sure is fun seeing you suck raptors d!ck every chance you get. It's like, creepier than a bromance.

EDIT: Also, d!ck being filtered is stupid, especially as it's a name as well as a penis reference. In fact, the fact I can say penis and not d!ck is stupid too.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:12 pm

rage
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:15 pm

aander91 wrote:rage

Damn right. :blink:

But you can't say you don't notice the lovefest that is red and raptor? :laugh:
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:40 pm

Ssshhhh... It's a secret....

By that same logic, I should be able to say duck because I can say sex and shi!t because I can say poop. Derpaderr deerrr.

Censoring is pointless anyway especially when the meaning of the word is still implied. Words aren't offensive, meaning behind the words are.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:45 pm

So what if RS sucks rappys ceck? Wish I could.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble

Return to “Off-Topic”