Emulation

Everything else in here
This topic is 14 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Leoking57

Emulation

Postby Leoking57 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:33 pm

Anyone here play on emulators? I like zsnes and am currently getting into the past gen emulation because some PS2 games are sick as hell and im broke. Also, I'm currently playing SF3 3rd strike competitively online at 2df freeplay.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30195
get some quality music on your FoF, gringo!
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Re: Emulation

Postby jdawg » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:39 pm

That is completely ILLEGAL, i urge you to quit if you do not have the game cartridges or discs at home.

-
-
-

:laugh: rofl
Ions are here, amazang
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:49 pm

It most definately is not illegal if he owns the console and game/arcade board in question...

Which he does not :P
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Postby jdawg » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:55 pm

It makes no sense, if i had the game cartridge, i would play it on my nes or snes.
Ions are here, amazang
Death From Above
1337buddha

Postby 1337buddha » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:57 pm

but what if you do own a game, but not the console to play it on.
There is no need to be upset.

1337buddha's Song Thread
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Postby jdawg » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:01 am

its probrobly fine, the game is bought for. but does it matter if i have the game but i lost it?
Ions are here, amazang
Death From Above
1337buddha

Postby 1337buddha » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:06 am

jdawg wrote:its probrobly fine, the game is bought for. but does it matter if i have the game but i lost it?

probably.
There is no need to be upset.

1337buddha's Song Thread
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Postby jdawg » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:11 am

Physically if your concience lets you, you can do whatever you want. you could download every game you've ever wanted. but really why milk it for all its worth. id rather be able to download games that are completely rare, just to be able to try it. or hacked super mario levels, those are the sh!t.
Ions are here, amazang
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:14 am

you bad bad person! stop pirating games on the internet! emulation is evil!
:rolleyes: :tongue:

yea, i've got a NDS emulator for Phoenix Wright, a PSX emulator for Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories, a PS2 emulator for Persona 4 and various other PS2 games. oh, and i have every pokemon game made (up to Diamond and Pearl) with their respective emulators all in one nice little program. (except the N64 ones for some reason)

and the basic rule of thumb is, if you own the game legally, you can emulate it legally, as long as the emulator doesn't contain any proprietary files from the console (i.e. a BIOS) so unless you own a PS2 and the PS2 games, emulating /them/ isn't legal because a PS2 emu uses a PS2 bios. a NDS emulator, on the other hand, does not. all you need is the emulator and a rom, nothing proprietary from the system itself, thus if you own a DS game legally, you can emulate it legally without owning the actual NDS. (at least, that's how i see it)

if you own the game but lost it, you're good for legally, provided you have some way to prove you owned it at some point should the FBI ever knock on your door. :P
Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
(0) <-- The Eye
angellinus

Postby angellinus » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:27 am

I wish for a PS2 emulator for me to emulate Guitar Hero Metallica! And Rock Band 2
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:49 am

tibiazak wrote:a NDS emulator, on the other hand, does not. all you need is the emulator and a rom, nothing proprietary from the system itself, thus if you own a DS game legally, you can emulate it legally without owning the actual NDS. (at least, that's how i see it)

The way I understand it, the NDS has two BIOSes (one for each of its main processors) and tools exist to dump the BIOS from the console. If the emulator doesn't require you to supply the BIOSes separately, then they're built into the emulator and are therefore illegally distributing the BIOS code.
(0) <-- The Eye
angellinus

Postby angellinus » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:40 am

raynebc wrote:The way I understand it, the NDS has two BIOSes (one for each of its main processors) and tools exist to dump the BIOS from the console. If the emulator doesn't require you to supply the BIOSes separately, then they're built into the emulator and are therefore illegally distributing the BIOS code.

So what is a BIOS file then?
Never saw a bios file on No$GBA emulator.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

mmsven

Postby mmsven » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:18 am

Leoking57 wrote:PS2 games are sick as hell and im broke

Get a job. PS2 games are so widely available that there is no legit excuse for illegally downloading them.

Also, remove your sig immediately.
2 + 2 = 5
MarvinPA

Postby MarvinPA » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:18 am

Emulating games are just the same as torrenting PC games. I know most of you do it.

Heck, even I do it. And not to mention you're on the Frets on Fire Fan Forum, the majority of you guys pirate the songs to play on the game.

Return to “Off-Topic”