My new, but crappy recordings

Everything else in here
This topic is 14 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Kris[Euphoria]

My new, but crappy recordings

Postby Kris[Euphoria] » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:32 pm

I made a music myspace, and posted a couple demos on there. They're my first run of each, and aren't fully developed songs. Also played a bit sloppy, but I don't care. I'm going to re-record and add updated versions at a later time. Just wanted to put them up real quick to see what people think. If you're interested, then check it out and give me c and c (comments and criticism). If you're not, I don't care then, don't post trash.

http://www.myspace.com/kriseuphoriademos
What's my age again?
KTownEgghead

Re: My new, but crappy recordings

Postby KTownEgghead » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:58 pm

Not half bad, my friend. Good stuff going. Would love to hear a second guitarist with a bass and drum track!
dance along the fault line; feel the shaking in your bones,
lose the tension in my throat, and live for something.
#3 Pro Speed Fretter
Razlo7

Postby Razlo7 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:51 pm

KTownEgghead wrote:Not half bad, my friend. Good stuff going. Would love to hear a second guitarist with a bass and drum track!

I call second guitarist! ... if you ARE looking for one.
Starting fresh. (:
Kris[Euphoria]

Postby Kris[Euphoria] » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:02 am

Haha well, thanks! :tongue:

I'm not looking for an online jam/band type dealy for these songs, ALTHOUGH...that does sound like a good idea for some other material, if the other musicians are good at learning stuff!

I'm going to be recording with some buddies, adding a drum track to Demo 2, the metal-ish song. And later on in the future, a second guitarist for the song, as well as for Demo 1, the acoustic song. Both, also with better quality, and more clean playing as well :tongue:
#3 Pro Speed Fretter
Razlo7

Postby Razlo7 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:16 am

Kris[Euphoria] wrote:Haha well, thanks! :tongue:

I'm not looking for an online jam/band type dealy for these songs, ALTHOUGH...that does sound like a good idea for some other material, if the other musicians are good at learning stuff!

I'm going to be recording with some buddies, adding a drum track to Demo 2, the metal-ish song. And later on in the future, a second guitarist for the song, as well as for Demo 1, the acoustic song. Both, also with better quality, and more clean playing as well :tongue:

Haha well I'd be happy to help in any way!
And if you're referring to those tutorials about my talent, lol trust me that doesn't portray my talent at all!
I'm also a really quick learner and can play pretty much any type of music :smile:
Starting fresh. (:
Kris[Euphoria]

Postby Kris[Euphoria] » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:55 pm

Razlo if you wanna discuss something, then PM me, I can give you my myspace, AIM screenname, and I would say MSN email, but I rarely go on msnmsgr.

Anybody else take a listen and have any feedback for me? I'd love to hear it!
bigf00t

Postby bigf00t » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:54 pm

Well...you don't suck.I'd even say you're pretty good.I've been playing guitar for like a week,so I kinda suck,but I don't think it's that hard. ;) How long have you been playin'?Keep up the (pretty)good job and...get urself a better micro. ;) Peace out.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:29 pm

Hell, if you want to do something heavy, I'd be glad to lend my talents. I can play lead or rhythm if you're serious about doing something like this. I've always wanted to work on writing a song but always been to lazy to do so :P
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Kris[Euphoria]

Postby Kris[Euphoria] » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:59 pm

Well...you don't suck.I'd even say you're pretty good.I've been playing guitar for like a week,so I kinda suck,but I don't think it's that hard. ;) How long have you been playin'?Keep up the (pretty)good job and...get urself a better micro. ;) Peace out.

Haha thanks, I appreciate it! I've been playing on and off for a few years, but got seriously into it when the 1st semester of this school year started.

Hell, if you want to do something heavy, I'd be glad to lend my talents. I can play lead or rhythm if you're serious about doing something like this. I've always wanted to work on writing a song but always been to lazy to do so :P

Yea, sure dude. Send me a PM and I can give you my AIM screenname, or something. Then we can work something out.

Update: I've been working on the song with another guitarist, I added more to the song, possibly have another ending for it, too. It sounds sooo much better with the new material I helped write for the second guitarist. I'll record something and put it up with him by next week.
NNdimethyltryptamine
Electro Tomato

Postby Electro Tomato » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:54 pm

I can make heavy **** if you want. Line 6 ftw!
Kris[Euphoria]

Postby Kris[Euphoria] » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:04 pm

I'm always down for anything with anybody. Hit me up a PM!
Kris[Euphoria]

Postby Kris[Euphoria] » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:03 pm

Demo 3 is now up, and has been for a couple days. If you haven't heard it check it out! It's mainly some improv with structure, thats why it kinda sounds repetitive, but it has a pretty decent sound. I'll finish the song in a bit and re-rerecord. Also, TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! I'm always down for constructive criticism!
#3 Pro Speed Fretter
Razlo7

Postby Razlo7 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:39 pm

Demo 3 sounded great!! :2thumbsup:
A few questions though...

1. What do you use to record?
2. How do you get the recordings to have no buzz in the background?
3. Are the chords you were using in demo 3 custom made chords? One of the lower notes in them sounded just a bit out of place.
Starting fresh. (:
Kris[Euphoria]

Postby Kris[Euphoria] » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:44 am

Thanks Razlo!

1.) A windows 95 mic, and Audacity (lolol)
2.) Audacity is pretty decent for that, and not to mention my computer came with a Realtek HD Audio Manager, which helps with Noise Supressions, but not much else since I don't have a sound card.
3.) Yes they are, I figured all those chords out by ear. But if you could tell me how long into the song you think the chord is out of place, let me know, so I can review it. Because I've seriously listened to that song over 100 times, and everything seems fine to me.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:32 pm

It really doesn't seem like much of a song at all.

Like I don't see how you could possibly add other instruments to that.
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **

Return to “Off-Topic”