so i found a new mmorpg - it's free!

Everything else in here
This topic is 15 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:43 pm

so i stumbled upon this a couple days ago, and i've found it's pretty cool. it's got a very cartoony style to it, but i like that. it's called Fiesta Online, it's open beta atm, it's the second beta the game has gone through. oh, and did i mention it's completely free? here's the link: http://www.outspark.com/fiesta

i'm a mage in the server of Teva, and i'm planning on making a guild with a friend of mine. if you guys want in, let me know.

disclaimer: this is not benefiting me in any way other than seeing people on a game i like. i did not make this game, i am not getting anything because i'm telling people about it. hence, this is not advertising.

edit: my character's name is Tibiazak... sorry forgot to put that in. kinda stupid tonight :p
Last edited by tibiazak on Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
HeruLuingul

Postby HeruLuingul » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:52 pm

I might check it out. I'm holding out for a zombie MMO.
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:15 pm

well, i know of a zombie mmo, but it's text based... let me know if you want a link, i'll dig it up.
Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
HeruLuingul

Postby HeruLuingul » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:16 pm

I'm talking about a 3D, fully functioning one. The release is really far off, if ever.
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:26 pm

i figured that was what you meant, and that's why i didn't start trying to find a very obscure link to a very obscure game.
AcidikRayn

Postby AcidikRayn » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:25 pm

I saw the ads for it.. but i was afraid that its one of those games (like FlyFF) that once you hit like lvl 20 or so, you need to fight like, 32 mosters just to lvl up. I like a challenge but sometimes it gets ridiculous. So tell me if its like that?

[edit] Sorry for the purple font. I was testing colors.[edit]
Last edited by AcidikRayn on Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troubletcat

Postby troubletcat » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:56 am

AcidikRayn wrote:I saw the ads for it.. but i was afraid that its one of those games (like FlyFF) that once you hit like lvl 20 or so, you need to fight like, 32 mosters just to lvl up. I like a challenge but sometimes it gets ridiculous. So tell me if its like that?

[edit] Sorry for the purple font. I was testing colors.[edit]

I see what you're getting at here, in the standard free Korean MMO you need to kill a retardedly high number of monsters almost purely through grinding with no quests to get one level, but you really should have used a number greater than 32.

Perhaps 32 hours of straight grinding assuming you don't get up for food, sleep, bathroom, drinks etc. and are some kind of cray grind-pro of doom.

Or, for monster numbers, something with more digits might have been better. Like, for example, 32415165721.

In response to the acctual topic, I've had my fill of free Korean MMOs. I've tried Rapelz, 2Moons (not Korean, but based on one of that type), Silk Road, FlyFF and so on and so forth (lots I can't remeber the name of) They're all the smae and none of them are anything special.

Infact, I can't even get into mainstream MMOs (have tried a few, not just WoW) all of thme felt too much like work and not enough like fun.
Mass Effect FTW :)
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:06 am

I like Rappelz, that's also completely free, I also have Guild Wars, both are good games IMO.
I've also played a bit of WoW and Ragnarok, but prefer the other two because they have better graphics :) .
Last edited by BlackFate on Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Songs Finished: 82,
Metallica - Papa Roach - Disturbed - Bloodhound Gang
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:34 am

i tried Rappelz, but it lagged too much :(

@AcidikRayn: um, i don't know - i'm only like level 4 or 5. i know that at level 20 you have to do a special quest where you have to fight a shadow clone of yourself, which IMO is pretty darn cool :p but as you level up, you can fight stronger monsters which in turn give you more experience... but i can't give you an exact answer at this point.

@troubletcat: yea, i know what you mean. that's why when i get into an MMO, i care more about the community than the game itself. because - for me - a good community with people i like hanging out with can make the most repetitive game fun.
SketchMan3

Postby SketchMan3 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:50 am

HeruLuingul wrote:I'm talking about a 3D, fully functioning one. The release is really far off, if ever.

There's a 3D MMORPG that has skeletons in it. It's called "Sherwood: Dungeons". Maidmarian.com

It's more fun for little kids who have big imaginations and RPers, though, since there's no storyline whatsoever as of yet. The Tankball game is awesome, though.

The game that this thread is about (can you believe I forgot the name already, and am too lazy to search for it while I'm typing this message?) reminds me a little bit of Martial Heroes.
Last edited by SketchMan3 on Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:22 am

All MMORPGs < Kingdom of Loathing
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:22 pm

lol. never tried it, probably never will.
HeruLuingul

Postby HeruLuingul » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:02 pm

SketchMan3 wrote:
nwru wrote:All MMORPGs < Kingdom of Loathing

This post = teh winz.

Quoted for truth. Haven't played it in a few months, but it was close to the best time I've ever had online.
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:57 pm

nwru wrote:All MMORPGs < Kingdom of Loathing

Hehe. Funny stuff, but a little too much "click, reload page, click, reload page, rinse, repeat" for me. When I'm in a MMO mood I usually go for Maple Story or Guild Wars (or if I'm in a purely nostalgic mood, RuneScape *shudder*).

I gotta go find my friend's GW cd... >_>
~Jake2k3
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3

Return to “Off-Topic”