Guitar Hero World tour - Will you switch?

Everything else in here

Guitar Hero World tour (Rockband Rippoff) - Will you switch?

Guitar Hero: World Tour
30%
Stay with Rock Band
16%
Who cares about Either with FoF having the Best of Both!
42%
I don't want to vote
11%

Total votes: 73
poiklpu

Postby poiklpu » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:39 pm

So I just saw this, and it looks as if guitar hero world tour is just ripping everything they've seen from rockband. And if you look where it says, "Players will be able to alter many aspects of their avatar's guitar within Guitar Hero World Tour," it even looks like rock band! They even rip off the name, "world tour"? And as much as i don't like what they've done, i'm still going to buy it because i like the drums better, they promise dlc, all peripherals, and online play, for the wii (my only system) :( And since rockband ported a gimped version with no online or dlc or world tour for the wii, it looks as if i'm stuck with GH:WT It's a shame that Rockband will lose revenue, just because guitar hero ripped them off, and they're more well known.

So, are you going to say with Rock band or go with GH:World Tour?
See my star wars mod for Alarian!:
Star Wars Mod
el nini wrote:Split screen? TWO keyboards on ONE compter? Madness I say. Madness...
Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Postby omfgdrphl » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:51 pm

If they go more mainsteam then before I'll go insane! But yeah I think Rock Band is better.
KidNinjaX

Postby KidNinjaX » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:51 pm

I would pick GH4:World Tour =)

becuz you can make your own songs with out dl anything =)
Last edited by KidNinjaX on Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26103]My Ninja Mod 50% done
[/url] Help out with the mod if u can =)
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:41 pm

I'd wait for RB 2 if I were you.

Details are slowly beginning to surface.
Last edited by vedicardi on Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
The Wiitard
rednano12

Postby rednano12 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:43 pm

Vedi speaks truth. ONLINE WORLD TOUR!!!

Me goes to start thread...
Oct. 30th is Cama appreciation day!

Check out my first song: Snow (Hey Oh)
el nini

Postby el nini » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:48 pm

Stop calling it a rip off like its a bad thing. Rock Band wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Guitar Hero, it jumped on it's bandwagon. You could say that RB ripped off GH but with a few more bells and whistles. There are VERY few original games out there these days, but that doesn't mean the ones that 'borrow' ideas have any less worth.
Its just like life. Quite interesting in parts, but no substitute for the real thing.
Dævid

Postby Dævid » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:00 pm

el nini wrote:Stop calling it a rip off like its a bad thing. Rock Band wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Guitar Hero, it jumped on it's bandwagon. You could say that RB ripped off GH but with a few more bells and whistles. There are VERY few original games out there these days, but that doesn't mean the ones that 'borrow' ideas have any less worth.

How does Rockband rip off GH?? GH1 and 2 is made by Harmonix. Harmonix makes rockband. GH1/2 have more in common with RB than GH3. Everyone knows activision is just cashing out on the franchise. GH and Harmonix ripped off Konami with GuitarPhreaks and Drummania, so Rock Revolution you could argue is the only one thats an extension of something "original"

This has been discussed to death. Some think its good, some think its bad, some are indifferent.
Might be working on DH2
poiklpu

Postby poiklpu » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:48 pm

el nini wrote:Stop calling it a rip off like its a bad thing. Rock Band wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Guitar Hero, it jumped on it's bandwagon. You could say that RB ripped off GH but with a few more bells and whistles. There are VERY few original games out there these days, but that doesn't mean the ones that 'borrow' ideas have any less worth.

guitar hero wouldn't exist without the makers of rockband, so...yeah
but anywhoo, i meant to put an option for "wait till rockband 2" but i forgot. But, before October, if they announce the release of rockband 2, and it has full wii support, i'd certainly get that.
See my star wars mod for Alarian!:

Star Wars Mod

el nini wrote:Split screen? TWO keyboards on ONE compter? Madness I say. Madness...
Superhotglue

Postby Superhotglue » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:50 pm

uhm GH4 by far! Drums are way better CREATE A SONG! Don't give me that crap about FoF lets you too and it has drums! The create is good (GO EOF!) but the drums are crap with a drum kit. The drums for GH4 are WIRELESS!!!!!!!! GO GH4!!!!!!!!!

Only one problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't trust Neversoft fretting drum tracks.
I gotz teh VidMaster Annual achievement :D
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:16 am

I think Rock Band has and will have a much better songlist than Guitar Hero, but when they said GH4 will include drums, if Activision knows how to fret drums, then GH4 will definitely beat out Rock Band with more fun drum songs.

But Guitar Hero is pretty much screwing people over making them buy the same controllers over and over. Money-wise, Rock Band will probably be the better way to go, since their songs will (most likely) be backwards compatible.

Also, Guitar Hero 4 isnt a ripoff of Rock Band, they do what they have to to stay in the business. If GH4 came without drums, how many people would buy it? And GH has to keep up with Rock Band, meaning more DLC songs released, like Rock Band is doing. And we also have Rock Revolution coming out (no one said GH is a ripoff of guitar freaks did they?) which will release even MORE songs with DLC. With all the competition, more and more songs are being made more frequently, and I think its pretty awesome for everyone who plays Frets on Fire.
Index of all Drum Topics on the Forum in one convenient place
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Drum project 9 Released!!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Spoiler:Image Feedback + EOF Pro Notation
Image Albelgim collaboration
If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

sherranjjj001

Postby sherranjjj001 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:27 am

i remember the days i was stoked to sit down and pick up my GUITAR and play GUITAR hero. i think activision made a terrible mistake going in that direction...if they were to stay true to the guitar based idea then it would definitely sell. i know just as many people who are against rockband as theyre are guitar hero 3 just for that reason alone. for people interested in other instruments rockband is perfect, but for those people like myself who enjoy insanely well made guitar frettings of a great playlist (im not saying the guitar hero games have great playlists, but im say it'd be nice) without having to dodge around drums or create a song, or all that mumbo jumbo. i swear if activision were to "borrow" the gh2 game engine and revamp it a little bit, itd be an instant classic.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:07 am

Superhotglue wrote:uhm GH4 by far! Drums are way better CREATE A SONG! Don't give me that crap about FoF lets you too and it has drums! The create is good (GO EOF!) but the drums are crap with a drum kit. The drums for GH4 are WIRELESS!!!!!!!! GO GH4!!!!!!!!!

Only one problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't trust Neversoft fretting drum tracks.

You don't know if the drums are really "better," and the Create a Song looks like ****. No vocals and all of the notes are pre-made like GH3's cheat menu.
Last edited by vedicardi on Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
warhol

Postby warhol » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:55 am

If GH4 was gonna make new peripherals (not to mention the added feature for the guitar part), I'd just exclude the drums and vocals, add a sixth fret, include a peripheral for better song creation, and add something aside from star power :3
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
sherranjjj001

Postby sherranjjj001 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:21 am

theyre adding an open strum for bass i heard too.
warhol

Postby warhol » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:57 am

sherranjjj001 wrote:theyre adding an open strum for bass i heard too.

I suddenly wanna play bass instead of lead :3
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra

Return to “Off-Topic”