Mirroring charts on gz wiki? - just asking

Everything else in here
This topic is 15 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Moonflow43

Postby Moonflow43 » Fri May 30, 2008 6:38 pm

this is a question directed to anyone who has posted a song here.

some people at the gz forums (DON'T START ANYTHING!) are making a wiki. we all know fof has a wiki and thought a gz one would be nice too. but not a lot of songs are posted on the gz forums. so i was asked to ask this question.

is everyone here cool if their song gets added to the gz wiki? we will credit every song we put up. we just don't want to start anything by just assuming it's ok
Last edited by Moonflow43 on Fri May 30, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my songs thread here // Forum Instructional Video
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Fri May 30, 2008 6:44 pm

i guess that it's only positive for a song maker to extend it's product to any other platformes, but me, personally, would not agree. Sometimes they just treat us as a song repository and just flame FOF. They are nice guys, though, just defending their "game".
Moonflow43

Postby Moonflow43 » Fri May 30, 2008 6:59 pm

sorry, maybe i should edit that part out of my first post. i want to keep this as far away from a argument as possible.

we just simply want to know if people are alright with their songs being mirrored through a gz related site.
Last edited by Moonflow43 on Fri May 30, 2008 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Fri May 30, 2008 8:00 pm

Maybe you should be PM-ing the main creators yourself. This way it may take too long, and they risk not seeing it.
Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Postby omfgdrphl » Fri May 30, 2008 9:58 pm

I'm 100% ok with it if you post my video game tier pack on there when it's done.
warhol

Postby warhol » Fri May 30, 2008 10:28 pm

crazy.neo wrote:Sometimes they just treat us as a song repository and just flame FOF.

I will grant my songs when they treat us better. I know I treat them well :3
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
Dævid

Postby Dævid » Fri May 30, 2008 10:38 pm

The FoF wiki just links to the FoFFF thread containing the song usually. If GZ were to use FoF songs in their wiki, surely the would have to link to the FoFFF thread.
Might be working on DH2
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri May 30, 2008 10:57 pm

Why not just link to the freaking FoF Wiki >_>
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Moonflow43

Postby Moonflow43 » Fri May 30, 2008 11:11 pm

sounds like more people don't like the idea. we'll probably just post a link to the fof wiki then.

well, i'm glad i asked, haha
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Fri May 30, 2008 11:20 pm

I doubt many people would be upset by it. You could even continue on with that mindset: post it unless they complain.

The bigger question, that you're discovering, is finding the best way to execute this. Link to the song's threads here? Link to songs directly? Not have a songs database?

There wasn't a songs database on the FoF Wiki at first, but it was demanded and eventually, it turned out pretty nice because lots of people chipped in.
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
hzac

Postby hzac » Sat May 31, 2008 12:02 am

Im not sure if the gz wiki will even take off. People are putting effort in but im not sure if it will get the ball rolling enough to be frequently used.
I play Guitar zero 2 more and there is nothing you can do about it.
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Sat May 31, 2008 6:14 am

OK, firstly can i say thanks to moonflow for posting this on my behalf.

Secondly, I am one of the admins for the new GZ wiki. My intention is not to steal all your songs or the such. I have a great deal of respect for you guys and the work you put in here, even if FoF is not my game of choice. I, like many others come here for songs. However, not all songs play well in GZ. My goal was to edit in links into our wiki with the respective credit. This will only be done on songs that we feel are done of close to or equal GH quality.

Honestly, is this not good for you guys? You get more interest in your songs, and ultimately, this will detract from GZ users coming here to leech and nothing more if they can get excellent songs in there own wiki.

I would hope enough people voice a positive opinion about this. I will obey the wishes of this forum, as the songs are not mine. Im just asking for you to really think about it. Thanks!

<EDIT> Was hoping to put up puppetzs packs. These would simply be linked back to here anyway. I dont mind backlinking to the FoF wiki on song packs, but individual songs really need to go in on there own with the download link. Hope for some interesting replies.

Many Thanks

<EDIT AGAIN> Hey hzac, its not just a song wiki dont forget!! Its going to be a haven of information and resources! If im wasting my time oh well! At least im trying!
Last edited by iamsensay on Sat May 31, 2008 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Sat May 31, 2008 7:04 am

OK. I understand your viewpoint, even if i dont necessarily agree with it. If the wiki where to contain songs in the format i have requested, i will put up links to this wiki and maybe even create a page about other rythym game in which FoF would get full mentions. I am not trying to detract from you guys IN ANY WAY. I am simply trying to improve upon what we at GZ have for ourselves. Also, all songs i use can be mentioned as having been sourced from FoF..

I definately want direct links to the files as thats the way of our wiki but im happy to make it as obvious as possible where they came from and whos the credit is.

<EDIT> Howz about if i add in a column for 'Original FoF Thread' or some **** like that, so that any one who directly downloads your file CAN easily view the authors original page

I know there will always be rivalry between these two very similar games but in the area of song creation, well thats universal aint it? If someone plays one of the songs in here in GZ and really enjoys it etc. Then that is a good thing isnt it?
Last edited by iamsensay on Sat May 31, 2008 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Sat May 31, 2008 8:15 am

I'm not letting my songs be posted anywhere other than here... Especially when you consider the fact that FOF Hero got posted there without any of us getting consulted on it.
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Sat May 31, 2008 8:21 am

BSRaven. Understood. I apologize that that happened to you. I beleive in credit where its due, and this WIKI is a new enterprise. However, i will not go against your wishes. I will make sure nothing by you is placed there. Anybody else with the same wish please post here and i will do the same.

Return to “Off-Topic”