I got Guitar Hero 3 for PC! - Includes facts you probably didn't know!

Everything else in here
This topic is 16 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
lnkk

Postby lnkk » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:27 am

they have alot of money, i dont, so i dont really care. iam from brasil so dont expect me wasting R$400,00, thats like 170 dollars, and wait 2 weeks to the game.
meadow

Postby meadow » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:09 pm

Pff. As a 15 year old I can't afford games. I don't like pirating either, but I'll just have to stick with it until I get a job.

This one I'll buy though. Playing Guitar Hero without a Guitar is really stupid.
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:33 pm

i agree with you Duck, with 1 notable exception: anything Steam. i have no problems pirating something that uses steam because it's my way of protesting that evil program.

incidentally, i downloaded a copy to see if it worked (GH3) and then bought the game the next day, and i'm down to Raining Blood and One on expert. any tips? i'm totally freaking stuck.

@the guy asking about 2 keyboards: if you map the controls to things totally different and use Joy2Key you could use 2 keyboards, but your OS might not like that. you'd have to do some experimenting to find out. it is somewhat possible though.
Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
PinkKitty

Postby PinkKitty » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:09 pm

The only things I'll pirate are things that have "industry pricing"... Like say... PhotoShop. Pay $600 for that? ...It costs a third of that money to get the thing that makes my PC able to do anything at all.

So yeah... the only time I go that way is when the pricing is not thinking about "the little guy" but instead only of the big businesses that will have to use it because there's nothing that can compare.

Games though... if it's a good deal, I'll sure as heck buy it. Two most recent purchases were Guitar Hero 3, and Valve's Orange Box (5 games I don't own for the price of 1? Hell yeah!). Other games I've simply downloaded are mainly ones where my disc might be damaged or ones designed to play the game on a new operating system (I have a copy of FF7 for PC... but Disc 2 isn't working properly and tends to freeze up on a particular cut-scene... the game also does not work in XP before applying patches, so I downloaded an ISO that installs the game with the patches and the No-CD patch allows me to avoid using my damaged disc.)

So yeah... I'm sort of in-between on the whole pirating thing, but it's unbelievably pointless to pirate Guitar Hero 3 PC when you have no intention of buying it legally... a keyboard doesn't do the game justice! I was starting to tire of Frets on Fire before I got my X-Plorer from the GHIII pack, now it's more fun again cause it just FEELS better when using a proper controller... XD
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:57 pm

Duck, GH1 and GH2 were indeed pirated, want me to send you a torrent? :p

PinkKitty, that's weird. I had that same problem with FF7 for PC. Never got around it, so I just started over on the playstation.
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
Elogotar

Postby Elogotar » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:00 pm

I have opinions both ways on the pirating issue. To me, it's just comes down to: Do they deserve the amount they're charging for the program. Photoshop=NO. Guitar Hero III=YES. I got a copy the day it came out. I really don't want people to pirate GH3 though because (as far as I know) online play isn't possible without buying the game. So, anybody who pirates it, is another person I don't get the chance to beat up on in Pro-Face Off.
PinkKitty

Postby PinkKitty » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:14 pm

The lack of online people is depressing! Where's all those owners of legitimate copies? I wanna play Co-Op!! *loves Co-Op*

I prefer either Co-Op or Face Off... Pro Face Off is okay... but I really don't wanna play Pro Face Off on Expert when I still haven't passed Raining Blood and One.
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:17 pm

PinkKitty wrote:The lack of online people is depressing! Where's all those owners of legitimate copies? I wanna play Co-Op!! *loves Co-Op*

I prefer either Co-Op or Face Off... Pro Face Off is okay... but I really don't wanna play Pro Face Off on Expert when I still haven't passed Raining Blood and One.

you can't do it either? man those songs are hard.... i have a friend that passed one, but he says he still can't do Raining Blood.
Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
PinkKitty

Postby PinkKitty » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:48 pm

I came SO CLOSE to passing One... I got 93% into it, but by the time I reached the big ending solo my framerate was all over the map!! I didn't lose due to lack of ability I lost due to the game being unoptimized and running poorly on my laptop! Grr!! XD That's the second time I got far into One before failing and it makes me so mad that my framerate always gets much worse towards the end of the song.

As for Raining Blood... I don't even stand a chance... I have a hard enough time doing Mosh 1 when Practice is set to Slower... let alone Slow or Full Speed.
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:50 pm

i can get to 35% on Raining Blood (the first solo thing. if i got past that, the song would be cake) and 7~ or 8~% on One.... that one solo after the "gggggggggg" thing fails me every time.
PinkKitty

Postby PinkKitty » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:23 pm

I can get past Fast Solo A about 50% of the time... it's just keeping myself alive after pumping all my star power into that section that's the trouble, I thought I was home free once I made it back to the rapid green strumming, but sadly my framerate thought otherwise... =x.x=
Elogotar

Postby Elogotar » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:52 pm

I've passed all the main songs on Expert with the exception of Raining Blood and the final boss (obviously). Raining Blood is total bs. The only way I'm gonna pass is to get those first two star power phrases, power play my way through Mosh1 as far as I can then pop star power and hope for the best.
Duckmeister

Postby Duckmeister » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:20 am

I just find it so excruciating that Neversoft decided to amp up the difficulty SO MUCH. I want my old Guitar Hero 1 and 2 difficulty back! Because while that was challenging, it was fun.

It really is too bad.
h3r1n6

Postby h3r1n6 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:24 am

Duckmeister wrote:I just find it so excruciating that Neversoft decided to amp up the difficulty SO MUCH. I want my old Guitar Hero 1 and 2 difficulty back! Because while that was challenging, it was fun.

It really is too bad.

Guitar Hero 1 = easy
Guitar Hero 2 = medium
Guitar Hero 3 = hard

If there will be a Guitar Hero 4, you know what its going to be. They need those hard songs, so there is a challenge for those who 95% Jordan. And you definately can't say the first tiers are hard.
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:15 am

The game is not that hard, only a couple of songs are. And still, they're far from impossible
It's better to have a difficulty level that will challenge a bit the good players than having a game that is too easy.

Return to “Off-Topic”