Special "Thank You" to Rouge_F - 2 Player - Wow

Everything else in here
This topic is 16 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
dgrams2000

Postby dgrams2000 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:25 pm

We've all thanked Rogue_F for his aweseome mods - but I just ran into something that is SO cool... I just had to throw out an extra 'thank you' for all the work you've done on ALL the mods.

My wireless redoctane guitar was starting to 'strum' at times where I wasn't strumming it, which was screwin me up.
My wife wasn't really noticing it, but then again, I am playing 3 times as much as she is - and I screw up less (normally)
So I thought my guitar was crap, so I went over to the local electronics store to buy another guitar. (And to return my old one in place later in the day)

Since my old guitar worked fairly well, atleast for testing... I decided to play two player mode since I temporaily had 2 guitars. I've never really played GH on the PS2 or X360 for more than 1 song at a Walmart - the rest of my playing has been with FOF or Guitar Zero.

I got my wife in the room to try a 2-player game with me (I was bass and she was lead) and I gotta say, she really liked it. To the point of where she was picking out 1 song after another to try. And she hates video games.

It was so cool to see her get into this even more than she did in single player - and I must admit that I was not expecting the Bass to have a separate soundtrack, so this was some cool @hit.

Needless to say that I took my bad controller back, and ended up getting ANOTHER cheapie "React" wired guitar so no we both can jam together.

Rouge_F
You sir, are the man.

I hope that when Guitar Hero: 80's edition comes out in the beginning of June - that we have some quick conversions and that we have even more to play in 2-player mode.
I have a feeling that we won't be able to get enough of this stuff. :)

Thanks again Rouge_F
Rogue_F

Postby Rogue_F » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:54 pm

Well, thank you for the compliment, but the split screen 2 player mode was done by Pudding. He is the one that deserves the thanks for that part.

Quite excellent I must say. I thought about doing something similar but I thought it would be too slow. He really pulled it off and made it work. All I did was incorporate it into my tiny mod.

-Alex
dgrams2000

Postby dgrams2000 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:09 am

Thanks for the info Rouge.

Then Pudding - I must say that the split screen is quite a peice of work. You have done an excellent job my friend, and you found a way to keep me gamin, while still spending quality time with my wife. ;)

Who'd ever of thought that would happen!?!
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:15 am

I hope one day every one will notice that it's Rogue_F and not ROUGE_F, ****
dgrams2000

Postby dgrams2000 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:49 am

:) Some day. But not yet.
Pudding

Postby Pudding » Mon May 07, 2007 6:15 am

You're quite welcome. The amusing thing is that I still haven't convinced anyone to play it with me :)
warhol

Postby warhol » Mon May 07, 2007 8:21 am

All we need now is a LAN version, get hamachi , and we're all settled
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
Rogue_F

Postby Rogue_F » Mon May 07, 2007 4:35 pm

I got someone to play with me on it. Worked pretty well except for telling who messed up. A small screen flash or the GHII shake would be ok.

I'll probably add something like that in an upcoming version.

-Alex
Air Guitar Hero

Postby Air Guitar Hero » Mon May 07, 2007 5:07 pm

A big thanks to the modding community. It's amazing how with mods the old version is vastly superior to the new version. Wonder how the fof team feels about that? ha.

I'm surprised some of you (Rogue F, Capo, Pudding, fozz, ect) haven't been invited to be a part of the fof development team.
grensley

Postby grensley » Mon May 07, 2007 8:22 pm

seconded
It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Recently finished:
Pistol Grip Pump by RATM
12 Bar Blues
Wake Up by RATM
lnkk

Postby lnkk » Mon May 07, 2007 8:33 pm

indeed, i play fof with my mom (lol) and we really have alot of fun, and all we have to do is give a :D and thanks to the people that are working hard to make FoF better and better.

Thanks FoF Devs.
Thanks Rogue.
Thanks Pudding.
And all others that make mods and songs and etc
:)
raptor jesus

Postby raptor jesus » Mon May 07, 2007 9:11 pm

I got someone to play with me on it. Worked pretty well except for telling who messed up. A small screen flash or the GHII shake would be ok.

I was thinking do the GH thing where one speaker would cut out if someone missed. A lot better than the system now. Makes it really hard when I play with my friend who isn't as good as me or my mom on occasion XD
RexMundi412

Postby RexMundi412 » Tue May 08, 2007 10:24 am

Here's a special shout out that I think can go to Alex?

Being able to delete song.ogg...Probably the least mentioned benefit of RF_3.x MOD, but one of my favorite benefits. I love this aspect of the MOD as it frees up tons of disk space. Once again thanks ROGUE_F and all contributers.

Return to “Off-Topic”