Disabling score reduction for No-Fail?

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 8 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
krlsmnk

Disabling score reduction for No-Fail?

Postby krlsmnk » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:25 pm

Hi everyone! I played FoF religiously about 10 years ago before I ever even knew Guitar hero was a thing. I got really good, and I always kept my old keyboard that I learned on, just in case I ever got it working again (old computer crashed, but I still had the files).

Nostalgia aside, I'm glad FoFix got me up and running again. I was able to keep my old song library and even my high scores! I'm REAAAALLY rusty, but I noticed something:

Turning on the "NoFail" option reduced my score by 20%. Now... there are some songs with sections I have to hack my way through (like Jordan, for example), but I can still bang out an overall ~75-85%. The original FoF didn't have a "you failed" feature, so I got comfortable playing above my skill level, and that helped me get better.

That being said, I'm trying to regain some of my glory, but it pains me to see my score far beneath my old ones simply because I'm trying to play the game like I did when I set them.

Is there any way I can retain the no-fail setting and keep my original scores intact?

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”