Fofix is completely unplayable.

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 10 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Maltar Draco

Fofix is completely unplayable.

Postby Maltar Draco » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:13 pm

Fofix adds an audio visualisation on the top middle of the screen, directly below the timer. Which does absolutely nothing but completely distract the player and makes it impossible to play. Now I understand that the creator of Fofix thought it might look cool but there is absolutely no option to turn it off in the settings, there 1000s of settings you can adjust but none for this at all which suggests the creator of this game didn't intend it to even be slightly playable at all just like the creator of the original Fof.

Quite simply, Fofix is unplayable because of the mandatory audio visualisation.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: Fofix is completely unplayable.

Postby raynebc » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:06 pm

Two of the first three search results on this forum for visualization describe how to get rid of that feature. Disable the "shaders" in the options in-game, or manually edit your fofix.ini file to change the shader_use setting from true to false. Maybe next time you could ask for a solution more nicely, you're lucky anybody was willing to spend a few minutes looking up the answer for somebody so hostile.
Maltar Draco

Postby Maltar Draco » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:24 am

raynebc wrote:Two of the first three search results on this forum for visualization describe how to get rid of that feature. Disable the "shaders" in the options in-game, or manually edit your fofix.ini file to change the shader_use setting from true to false. Maybe next time you could ask for a solution more nicely, you're lucky anybody was willing to spend a few minutes looking up the answer for somebody so hostile.

Okay, you are being extremely helpful, you have to admit that the option was not obvious, if there was simply an option that said "active track visualisation", then that would have been less confusing. I even tried changing "shaders" before and it resulted in the game being unable to load the graphics to play without realising I had to restart Fofix for that to work. But the one thing that confuses me is why you took my complaint so personal.
raynebc wrote:hostile.
Hostile? I certainly wasn't being hostile to you or anybody for that matter, I was just upset because 100% of my focus was somewhere other than the game-play. Granted, I was upset but not at anybody, (certainly not you) I was just simply upset at my situation.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:10 pm

You could have fooled me. You claim there is no way to disable the feature in question, that the game is unplayable and suggested that the authors of FoF and FoFiX intended it to be unplayable. That is far less approachable than the typical "I can't find out how to disable X feature, can this be done and how?" type of phrasing that is considered normal for this type of thread.
Maltar Draco

Postby Maltar Draco » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:28 pm

You're right, I'm a complete idiot.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”