EOF 1.7RC3

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
beebe

Re: EOF 1.7RC3

Postby beebe » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:54 pm

raynebc wrote:Works fine for me. I'll need the MIDI you get this problem with.

Oops nevermind, I guess my shortcut was still sending me to the RC2 for some reason :/ I don't even know how.

Spoiler:

Image"I. F*cking. Love. Penguins!"

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:12 pm

I finally got around to teaching myself how to beat sync and I must say that the new waveform helps immensely. Now only if there was a base bpm scanner in this...

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
beebe

Postby beebe » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:21 pm

slashfan7964 wrote:I finally got around to teaching myself how to beat sync and I must say that the new waveform helps immensely. Now only if there was a base bpm scanner in this...

Dude the waveform is pretty much the greatest thing ever.

Spoiler:

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:35 pm

I agree.

My Song Thread
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:20 pm

I meant like people use MixMeister to get a bas bpm and create a tempo map from it. All I'm saying is why not implement a scanner to scan the song and give you that base BPM for the song?

My Song Thread
Wait what
evilbobthebob

Postby evilbobthebob » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:07 pm

The one thing I would like EOF to have now is time base snapped beat markers so they can be adjusted via the keyboard in 1, 10, 100 and 1000ms increments. If you add that, I will actually get back into charting songs I think.
All my songs | My Hero Project: A Hero
The Smart Way to Ask Questions

Spoiler:ummmmm hey guys
you suck because I said so
I know everything about art guys
what you make is worthless because you use photos
allow me to bash you and not prove I hold any talent of my own guys
guys guys guys
look at me
I need attention

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:31 pm

NewCreature and I talked about it before, but agreed that millisecond timing must be done away with since there is timing loss during delta time to real time conversion. Once EOF stores everything in MIDI timing, there will probably be an option like incrementing/decrementing note/beat times with keyboard shortcuts. Until then, you can still manually enter the position of any anchor using the "anchor beat" option. However, this only allows you to define the position as accurately as 1/100 of a second. It's not as convenient as pressing a key to increment/decrement the timestamp, but the SHIFT+A keyboard shortcut takes some of the pain out. I can look into allowing the anchor beat dialog to have you define to a precision of milliseconds if you want.
Wait what
evilbobthebob

Postby evilbobthebob » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:06 am

Well, once you make the transition to MIDI timing and timing snaps of some kind, EOF should really be the charting tool of choice for everyone who doesn't want to use a MIDI editor. If you put in enough RBN support, perhaps in a forked version, I expect you could win some conversions among the casual RBN song charting crowd.
All my songs | My Hero Project: A Hero
The Smart Way to Ask Questions

Spoiler:ummmmm hey guys
you suck because I said so
I know everything about art guys
what you make is worthless because you use photos
allow me to bash you and not prove I hold any talent of my own guys
guys guys guys
look at me
I need attention

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:32 pm

New problem. Made my first attempt at beat syncing and did I really nice job. I saved it and I thought it saved fine. When I opened it today, the bpm changes are all over and it is never in sync at all.

EDIT:

Just loaded it into EOF 1.666 and it has absolutley no problems.

EDIT:

I think it may be because when I anchored and BPM chamge later on and changed it in the beginning, it moved and sent it all off...
Last edited by slashfan7964 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Song Thread
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Alright let me work with this some more and if things don't work out I'll send one to ya.

My Song Thread
beebe

Postby beebe » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:37 pm

I had a problem when charting a song yesterday. For some reason, when I had used the resnap option (this was the first time I had ever used this).. well it worked as supposed to but when I played the song all the notes were pushed forward, however, that part was caused by the 8/16 time signature but that was fixed by just putting 8/4 ts. But for some reason the game would crash with no error or anything when the song was even highlighted after I quit the first time because of the notes being messed up. It wasn't until I created a whole new .midi and replaced every note that it worked. The only explanation that I have is that the resnap caused it because the ts didn't do it that just changed the snap of the notes.

Spoiler:

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”