EOF 1.71 (Updated 11/29/2010)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 12 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.65 (Updated 5/29/2010)

Postby raynebc » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:42 pm

Make sure your AV and controller delays are accurate, or you may find that notes you place during chart playback end up earlier/later than you intend. EOF's manual has step by step processes for configuring your AV delay (Configuring EOF>Setting up your AV delay) and controller delay (Editing Songs>Recording Input).
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:46 pm

OzzyOzrock wrote:Like this?

I'm just assuming by the checkbox in the picture that you had made the USB headphones your default output device? If this is the case, did you start EOF before or after they were plugged in and set as your default audio device? If it's after, then EOF wouldn't have been able to initialize to use it (like many games can't use a gamepad if you plug them in after starting the game). We're looking into this, but it may be out of Allegro's capability to specify which audio device to output to.

If properly configuring the default output sound device in Windows isn't working, you could try a program to redirect audio to the headphones, perhaps something like this:
http://www.quicksoundswitch.toflo.de/

I haven't used it, so I can't verify that it works, but it sounds promising.
runnin' down a dream
DreamOnMan92

Postby DreamOnMan92 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:02 am

Is there a way to force HO/POs in the newest EOF?

edit - in EOF 1.6 Mac
DREAMONSONGS THREAD Newest:
Tom Petty - Don't Do Me Like That
Bon Jovi - Runaway
doorknob60

Postby doorknob60 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:55 am

Intyalle wrote:*sighs*

Hi, I return, again with a problem that seems to elude a google search fix.

I've now updated my xubuntu to 10.04, installed all the packages I did before, ran the Makefile, etc... and now when I try to open EOF it says it can't set up the sound and refuses to open.

Please help?

I use Arch Linux, and I didn't have this exact problem, but I did have a sound problem. I fixed it by running the program with aoss (like running 'aoss eof' from the terminal). I think it's in the package called 'alsa-oss' (so 'sudo apt-get install alsa-oss'). Also, Ubuntu used PulseAudio now (which I'm not very familiar with), so I think there's a similar program you might want to try for pulseaudio, I think it's called pasuspender (so you'd run 'pasuspender eof'). Try both, and hopefully one of those commands helps. Sound can be a pain sometimes when different programs want to have control over the sound card and use different sound systems, which is probably what's happening.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a known bug, but while playing back the songs (with the fretted notes) in EOF, the sound often lags behind the notes, and simply pausing and restarting will fix it, but it's still kinda annoying. The notes will go fine, but the sound will slow down and just get behind. Thanks for the awesome program though, it's so easy to use :)
My FoF Videos: Click!
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:08 am

DreamOnMan92 wrote:Is there a way to force HO/POs in the newest EOF?

edit - in EOF 1.6 Mac

Unfortunately not. I've made a request for a Mac developer now, so if we're lucky, we'll be able to get a newer Mac build up in the near future.

doorknob60 wrote:Also, I'm not sure if this is a known bug, but while playing back the songs (with the fretted notes) in EOF, the sound often lags behind the notes, and simply pausing and restarting will fix it, but it's still kinda annoying. The notes will go fine, but the sound will slow down and just get behind. Thanks for the awesome program though, it's so easy to use :)

Does the lag happen gradually (ie. audio playing at a different rate than the chart), immediately during playback (ie. the audio delays before playing with the chart) or during stuttering? Perhaps this is more prone to certain sound drivers that Allegro can use in Linux? NewCreature might know more about this.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:18 am

Also, I'm not sure if this is a known bug, but while playing back the songs (with the fretted notes) in EOF, the sound often lags behind the notes, and simply pausing and restarting will fix it, but it's still kinda annoying. The notes will go fine, but the sound will slow down and just get behind. Thanks for the awesome program though, it's so easy to use :)

There is an audio fine-tuning option in "eof.cfg" under [config] which can be used to speed up or slow down the audio if the playback rate is not exactly right. I have this problem in Ubuntu. For me, setting "fine_tune = 44" makes the playback rate correct and enables me to use the smooth playback option. Alternatively, you can turn off smooth playback and EOF will use the audio to determine the position but the visuals will not be as smooth with this method.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:48 am

Haha! Ryan, you were right! I guess EOF hadn't accepted the USB headphones as its output yet. I just opened it up now, and it works perfectly!
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.
'_>'
SUSAltd

Postby SUSAltd » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:52 pm

By the way, didn't EOF used to mark solo sections all the way to the tip of the last note's tail?

Spoiler:

ImageCharting Achievements:
1st place 2009 April Novice Guitar competition
3rd place 2009 May Expert Guitar competition
4th place 2009 June Expert Guitar competition
1st place 2010 February Guitar competition
1st place 2010 April Guitar Competition
2nd place 2010 May Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 June Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 August Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 December Guitar Competition

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:08 pm

I can't recall. There may be some complications with how particular FoFiX is with section marking. The glitchiness with the note sync that you reported earlier seems to be related to some of this kind of workaround logic for overdrive markers.
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:14 pm

Is it possible to add a way so that someone can select specifically ONE color, such as green, and control that color only? In example, say you've been loading your song for a while now and you want to re-snap the notes, but at parts, it'd be harder, because the bass notes go at 24ths and the hi-hats go at 16ths. You'd have to remake it to re-snap it, or completely move them all manually.

Or also, say you're charting a song with fast 32nd hi-hats... or something, and you have it charted as yellow, then BAM you realize that it'd be better to chart them on red instead, but being that you've charted the snares in, you'd have to either delete them all and place them again after moving them, or select everything by pieces.

It'd be a nice tool. :P
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.
SUPERFAST JELLYFISH
Jrofl24

Postby Jrofl24 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:22 pm

OzzyOzrock wrote:Is it possible to add a way so that someone can select specifically ONE color, such as green, and control that color only? In example, say you've been loading your song for a while now and you want to re-snap the notes, but at parts, it'd be harder, because the bass notes go at 24ths and the hi-hats go at 16ths. You'd have to remake it to re-snap it, or completely move them all manually.

Or also, say you're charting a song with fast 32nd hi-hats... or something, and you have it charted as yellow, then BAM you realize that it'd be better to chart them on red instead, but being that you've charted the snares in, you'd have to either delete them all and place them again after moving them, or select everything by pieces.

It'd be a nice tool. :P

It already does this on the newest version I have.

Select the color you want and then go: Edit>Selection>Select Like

It selects that same color through the entire chart though
Last edited by Jrofl24 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:23 pm

OHHHHHHHHH. I've always selected by mouse click so I never noticed that. :P Thanks!
ImageImage

'_>'
SUSAltd

Postby SUSAltd » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:46 pm

I was wondering if you/NewCreature could make it so that when you mark a Lyric Phrase, it automatically includes the 15ms (or something) before it.

Because when I mark phrases and test it in FoFiX, the first word of each phrase is missing. I need to go back and move each first word forward by a few pixels to fix it.

Spoiler:

ImageCharting Achievements:
1st place 2009 April Novice Guitar competition
3rd place 2009 May Expert Guitar competition
4th place 2009 June Expert Guitar competition
1st place 2010 February Guitar competition
1st place 2010 April Guitar Competition
2nd place 2010 May Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 June Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 August Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 December Guitar Competition

I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:10 pm

Are there any tuts for vocal charting in EoF? I'm confused...

Lol, found it, durrr.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”