EOF 1.71 (Updated 11/29/2010)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 12 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
NewCreature

Re: EOF 1.61

Postby NewCreature » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:37 pm

Appending non-matching OGG streams is supposedly legal as per OGG spec, but I don't know if FoFiX would handle that.

I'm sure FoFiX wouldn't have any issue with it since it is part of the official spec. I will have to look into it but if this can be done I would only have to generate the silence and append the two files together.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:40 pm

Binary append would be a very elegant solution. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Just an idea: If this turns out to work, perhaps have an option to take the user-defined MIDI delay and automatically add that silence to the beginning of the chart, resetting the delay to 0. This will allow the charts to have 0 delay, just like Rock Band charts, and should make it that much easier to add EOF charts as custom tracks on hacked RB/GH games for those that like to do such a thing. The original audio file can be preserved as a different file so that the delay can be adjusted again upon demand.
Busy procrastinating
wutu

Postby wutu » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:48 pm

the new version of eof is great, but it messes up the bpm line when adjusting in-between anchors
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:51 pm

What exactly is your problem Wutu. I have been using it for a while now and have had no issues
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:47 pm

amak11 wrote:What exactly is your problem Wutu. I have been using it for a while now and have had no issues

Yeah. I've had this problem.

Basically, sometimes (most of the times...), if you move an anchor that is after a previous anchor, the BPM will become royally screwed; the beatlines become jagged. This means the gaps beetween the lines are different sizes... someone post a printscreen of this... I can't upload lol.
I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:08 am

raynebc wrote:I can't reproduce this. Somebody will need to post an example chart and exact steps to cause the problem to that chart.

Hmmm... try this.

Open up any finished song you have - one with variable BPM! (so it has a lot of BPM changes everywhere)

Go to the second last anchor. Create an anchor between than and the third last anchor. Use it to make a gap bigger. Then create another anchor between that one and the second last one. You should notice that the gaps on the right are tiny and the gaps on the left are huge.
I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:09 pm

raynebc wrote:I have no idea what you're talking about. I couldn't cause any abnormal behavior be inserting and dragging anchors.

It's just inserting them. Dragging makes no difference.

Do you chart? If you tried to chart a song, the problem would arise at least a gazillion times. There are ways around it, but it's really annoying.

Have you got a fully charted song? Go to the last anchord, and create a new one 2 or 3 beats away! Can someone experiencing this please upload a pic!
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Do you chart?

Did you see the dozens of charts I put in my signature? Including my WIP, I've made almost 50 charts, all in EOF.

Go to the last anchord, and create a new one 2 or 3 beats away

I could not reproduce this either by using Beat>Anchor Beat or Toggle Anchor, and I've tried multiple charts. If you are even at least able to use print screen to take screen captures (before and after the problem occurs), paste it into any image editor (even Paintbrush) and email it to me (preferably with an EOF file and instructions to reproduce the problem), I can send you my email address in PM. If you can't use email to such an extent, then I don't see how we can help identify whether this problem is reproduce-able outside of certain computer configurations.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:53 am

Problem:

Spoiler:azzco@linux-5fvz:~/Documents/EOF/eof161linux> make clean
make -C src -f makefile.linux clean
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/azzco/Documents/EOF/eof161linux/src'
Cleanup complete!
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/azzco/Documents/EOF/eof161linux/src'
azzco@linux-5fvz:~/Documents/EOF/eof161linux> make
make -C src -f makefile.linux -lm
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/azzco/Documents/EOF/eof161linux/src'
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o modules/ocd3d.o modules/ocd3d.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o modules/wfsel.o modules/wfsel.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o modules/gametime.o modules/gametime.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o modules/g-idle.o modules/g-idle.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o main.o main.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o player.o player.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o config.o config.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o window.o window.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o dialog.o dialog.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o legacy.o legacy.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o midi.o midi.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o ini.o ini.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o song.o song.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o note.o note.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o beat.o beat.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o event.o event.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o gui.o gui.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o undo.o undo.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o mix.o mix.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o control.o control.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o editor.o editor.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o feedback.o feedback.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o agup/aalg.o agup/aalg.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o agup/aase.o agup/aase.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o agup/abeos.o agup/abeos.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o agup/abitmap.o agup/abitmap.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o agup/agtk.o agup/agtk.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o agup/agup.o agup/agup.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o agup/ans.o agup/ans.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o agup/aphoton.o agup/aphoton.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o agup/awin95.o agup/awin95.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/analysis.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/analysis.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/bitrate.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/bitrate.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libogg/src/bitwise.o alogg/decoder/libogg/src/bitwise.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/block.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/block.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/codebook.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/codebook.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/envelope.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/envelope.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/floor0.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/floor0.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/floor1.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/floor1.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libogg/src/framing.o alogg/decoder/libogg/src/framing.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/info.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/info.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/lpc.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/lpc.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/lsp.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/lsp.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/mapping0.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/mapping0.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/mdct.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/mdct.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/psy.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/psy.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/registry.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/registry.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/res0.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/res0.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/sharedbook.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/sharedbook.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/smallft.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/smallft.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/synthesis.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/synthesis.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/vorbisfile.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/vorbisfile.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/window.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/window.c
gcc -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include -c -o alogg/src/alogg.o alogg/src/alogg.c
gcc modules/ocd3d.o modules/wfsel.o modules/gametime.o modules/g-idle.o main.o player.o config.o window.o dialog.o legacy.o midi.o ini.o song.o note.o beat.o event.o gui.o undo.o mix.o control.o editor.o feedback.o agup/aalg.o agup/aase.o agup/abeos.o agup/abitmap.o agup/agtk.o agup/agup.o agup/ans.o agup/aphoton.o agup/awin95.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/analysis.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/bitrate.o alogg/decoder/libogg/src/bitwise.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/block.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/codebook.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/envelope.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/floor0.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/floor1.o alogg/decoder/libogg/src/framing.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/info.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/lpc.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/lsp.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/mapping0.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/mdct.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/psy.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/registry.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/res0.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/sharedbook.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/smallft.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/synthesis.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/vorbisfile.o alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/window.o alogg/src/alogg.o -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Ialogg/decoder/libogg/include -Ialogg/decoder/libvorbis/include -Ialogg/include `allegro-config --libs` -o ../bin/eof
alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/lsp.o: In function `vorbis_lpc_to_lsp':
lsp.c:(.text+0x148c): undefined reference to `acosf'
lsp.c:(.text+0x14ac): undefined reference to `acosf'
alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/psy.o: In function `setup_tone_curves':
psy.c:(.text+0x6a8c): undefined reference to `exp'
alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/res0.o: In function `res0_look':
res0.c:(.text+0x35ad): undefined reference to `pow'
alogg/decoder/libvorbis/lib/sharedbook.o: In function `_book_maptype1_quantvals':
sharedbook.c:(.text+0x110e): undefined reference to `pow'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../bin/eof] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/azzco/Documents/EOF/eof161linux/src'
make: *** [top] Error 2

Solution:
add "-lm" at the end of the 16th line (the one starting with gcc).

Source.
Should probably read up on that, not really sure at all what's going on but it worked after adding that.
Oh and this wasn't just 1.61 it was older packages as well so I guess it's something new (switched to a fresh version of opensuse) as compiling newer was any problem for me.
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Busy procrastinating
wutu

Postby wutu » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:21 pm

Here's a picture, the one on the right is after the anchor is dragged

Spoiler:Image

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:33 pm

wutu wrote:Here's a picture, the one on the right is after the anchor is dragged

Spoiler:Image

Really? That one doesn't look uneven... if they are, I'm official paranoid that my fretting is full of slightly uneven spaces.

Sometimes, for me, some of the spaces are less than half the size.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:59 pm

I'll see if I can try to reproduce that behavior, but I haven't seen it happen before. Please confirm what OS and version of EOF you use. Did you make these charts from scratch in the latest EOF, or start them in a different version? From what I see in wutu's picture, it's like there is an "invisible" anchor.. If somebody can save a chart that exhibits this and post it (especially a new test chart created in EOF), it would help.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”