EOF 1.71 (Updated 11/29/2010)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 12 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Tormann71

Re: EOF 1.6

Postby Tormann71 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:57 pm

raynebc wrote:Even if an editor like Feedback allows something like this, once the chart is converted to MIDI, it will have to follow standard music composition rules and might not have any mid-beat tempo changes. If you find a chart that has those, convert to MIDI and back to chart to see if it still looks correct in Feedback. If it does, please post the chart (in MIDI format).

The original midi still has the BPM changes on 1/8 beats, and converting to chart and back to mid did not change anything.

The song I'm looking at is "Portugal The Man. - Sugar Cinnamon" by Shizzy1427. I've seen this happen on a few other charts as well though.
Here's the link to the song: http://www.mediafire.com/?ninenemyyyh
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:29 pm

I plan to support time signature changes pretty soon. Perhaps the BPM changes that occur mid-beat could be imported correctly by inserting a proper time signature change. I don't think the MIDi specification prohibits placing time signature changes anywhere you want but for a fretting tool I think I will try to stick to normal music rules. EOF assumes BPM changes occur on the beats and prohibits them from occurring anywhere else. A time signature change or some trick with extra BPM changes could at least keep the notes on the beat lines for those kind of charts. I will look into this when I start work on time signature support.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
JamLegend Master
The Smell

Postby The Smell » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:48 am

NewCreature wrote:Does it use the Rock Band method of denoting custom HOPO notes?

No, but the founders said once EOF does have a hopo method, they will change their code to accept that. You may have to contact them if you want to use their method, PM me if you're interested. Make sure that the HOPO method is in the midi file. :)

OzzyOzrock wrote:Really? I put a chart into the library with custom HOPOs and it screwed the song over with tons of HOPOs.

That's because it doesn't use the RB2 method. It would have auto-generated the HOPOs.
Jjjohn0404

Postby Jjjohn0404 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:47 pm

Is there any way to get EOF to work on Snow Leopard?
waaaa~~~~~~~
SakuyaFM

Postby SakuyaFM » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:32 pm

I'm confused...

I'm making a chart and someone said use the BREs to denote drum fills on the Drum Track. It works, but out of nowhere it gets overlayed onto the original drum chart, and I can't activate overdrive anymore.
space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:08 am

raynebc wrote:There is a documented problem with EOF's recognition of time signatures. As for changing tempo mid-beat, I'd imagine that's a violation of music theory in general, so I don't know why something like that would be a good idea to implement.

Accelerandos and ritardandos. Higher resolution means more transparent accel/rits.

Just sayin'

Anyway, has anyone checked to see if the song test in EOF is working nicely with the FoFiX RC? I suppose I could DL it myself, but I wasn't sure if it was known that it had been (possibly) fixed anyway.
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
Smart Apple
Teddie

Postby Teddie » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:00 pm

NewCreature, I can't remember if I thanked you for making this.... so, thank you.
The tux power
Borisdsp

Postby Borisdsp » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:42 am

NewCreature
I have a question
The actual part of vocals doesnt have pitch (notes, tones...) so Yoy can only add the lyric, I think you will release a new version with the option completly avaliable, so can I start sincying the lyrics and add the tones when avaliables in EOF?
PS- I hope you can understand me :)
Team Meteorito Official Member
C++ code is tasty.
raphaelr

Postby raphaelr » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:57 am

The actual part of vocals doesnt have pitch (notes, tones...) so Yoy can only add the lyric, I think you will release a new version with the option completly avaliable, so can I start sincying the lyrics and add the tones when avaliables in EOF?

Workaround: FoF Lyric converter
Updated to version 1.85, adding a couple enhancements, fixes and the brand new "Vocal Rhythm" import devised by ryanpanties and myself. To use this new import feature, chart vocal rhythm (use a chart editor to place an instrument note at each place where a syllable is sung and lengthen the note to extend for the duration of the syllable) and create a text file containing a MIDI pitch and the actual text for each syllable. Use an empty line with a hyphen to denote the end of a vocal phrase, you can also put an asterisk after the hyphen to denote that the next phrase will be vocal overdrive. For a lyric that is pitchless (ie. rap or speech), replace the pitch with a pound symbol, ie:

50 lyric
# lyric
43 OV-
45 ER-
57 DRIVE!
-
33 etc.

I haven't tested it, but it looks promising.
Custom Song: Beatsteaks - As I Please (Only Guitar @ Amazing)
Before asking for help, try doing a barrel roll.
The tux power
Borisdsp

Postby Borisdsp » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:43 am

raphaelr wrote:

Workaround: FoF Lyric converter
Updated to version 1.85, adding a couple enhancements, fixes and the brand new "Vocal Rhythm" import devised by ryanpanties and myself. To use this new import feature, chart vocal rhythm (use a chart editor to place an instrument note at each place where a syllable is sung and lengthen the note to extend for the duration of the syllable) and create a text file containing a MIDI pitch and the actual text for each syllable. Use an empty line with a hyphen to denote the end of a vocal phrase, you can also put an asterisk after the hyphen to denote that the next phrase will be vocal overdrive. For a lyric that is pitchless (ie. rap or speech), replace the pitch with a pound symbol, ie:

50 lyric
# lyric
43 OV-
45 ER-
57 DRIVE!
-
33 etc.

I haven't tested it, but it looks promising.

I cant understand, FoFlyricConverter is hard to use, you have to use it writting all so i get lost, Can you explain it me better?
Team Meteorito Official Member
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:19 pm

Anyway, has anyone checked to see if the song test in EOF is working nicely with the FoFiX RC?

It does not work.

I will be adding full PART_VOCALS support soon.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:05 pm

Borisdsp wrote:I cant understand, FoFlyricConverter is hard to use, you have to use it writting all so i get lost, Can you explain it me better?

It is less user-friendly than a graphical program, but once you know the syntax and the parameters expected for a given import->export, it's very simple to use if you are willing to play around at the command line.

As for using "Vocal Rhythm" import with EOF, you would need to chart the vocals in an instrument track (not PART VOCALS) because the current Vocal support doesn't allow for you to set the lengths of lyrics. As soon as that feature is added to EOF, you should be able to chart for vocal rhythm in any track.
ScHaloX

Postby ScHaloX » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:26 pm

Hi, I've made a song and at the final solo, there's a note which should be a hopo, but it's not. No matter what I do(resnap), it stays non-hopo note. Here's the song. The note I'm talking about is the red note at 11:43:92(number 2792). Could someone please tell me how to make the note tappable?
Song thread | Mediafire | Youtube

Frets On Fire Fan Forums, we may take three years, but dammit, we will solve your problem!

C++ code is tasty.
raphaelr

Postby raphaelr » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:40 am

2 Things:
When you insert a BPM change with adjust notes on, the notes get adjusted, but the Overdrive and Guitar Solo Sections not.
Also, when importing MIDI's crazy notes don't get imported, so I have to redo them.
Last edited by raphaelr on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Custom Song: Beatsteaks - As I Please (Only Guitar @ Amazing)
Before asking for help, try doing a barrel roll.
I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:03 pm

How do I set up AV Delay? The tut is outdated, I think... plus and minus seems to change the zoom...

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”