EOF 1.71 (Updated 11/29/2010)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 12 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Rapt0r

Re: EOF 1.6

Postby Rapt0r » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:05 pm

It appears to help a little but it's very hard to tell. If I slow down the playback, it goes WAY off sync.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:03 pm

Rapt0r wrote:Well ****. Any idea on what I can do? It's hard to get this accurate only going by visuals.

Syncing by sight is the worst possible way to do it. Sync it to claps and metronome ticks instead if you want guaranteed accuracy on any computer.
mordikai wartwunson

Postby mordikai wartwunson » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:02 pm

What exactly does the "lyric lines" option in the notes menu do?
Songs that don't suck
Well, the songs may suck, but the charts most certainly do not. *Now with 50% more bass and drums!*
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:30 pm

It marks all lyrics between the first and last selected as being a single line of lyrics, ie. if you select "You" "could" "have" "been" "all" "I" "wanted" and marked that as a line, it will show up in game as "You could have been all I wanted" as a single score-able phrase instead of something unexpected like one word per score phrase.
azoschke

Postby azoschke » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:03 pm

Is anyone else having a problem with the "test in FOF" option? I don't know if it's EOF 1.6 or FoFiX 3.120 RC 2, but now when I try to test in FOF, the command window opens and closes with nothing happening. I've tried to link it with FOF and the songs folder several times, but same result happens.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:42 am

Last I heard, new features in FoFiX (ie. the Lobby) broke the ability for programs to have FoFiX directly play a chart by command. The developers considered this functionality broken by new code and I believe they plan to make a workaround in the future.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:09 am

raynebc wrote:
Rapt0r wrote:Well ****. Any idea on what I can do? It's hard to get this accurate only going by visuals.

Syncing by sight is the worst possible way to do it. Sync it to claps and metronome ticks instead if you want guaranteed accuracy on any computer.

If you read my problems, the ticks are laggy and sporadic so I can not.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
azoschke

Postby azoschke » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:12 pm

raynebc wrote:Last I heard, new features in FoFiX (ie. the Lobby) broke the ability for programs to have FoFiX directly play a chart by command. The developers considered this functionality broken by new code and I believe they plan to make a workaround in the future.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the info.
oxzatanxo

Postby oxzatanxo » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:08 pm

Las liricas se pueden cantar en la ultima version de fof?? Digo las que se hacen con EOF?
Perdonenme pero no hablo ingles y el traductor es espantozo :unsure:
Rata Blanca Hero♪♫
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=52284
Todos los temas de Rata Blanca en un Modo carrera, no te lo podes perder.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:59 pm

Is anyone else having a problem with the "test in FOF" option? I don't know if it's EOF 1.6 or FoFiX 3.120 RC 2

This is definitely a problem with the latest FoFiX beta.

Well ****. Any idea on what I can do? It's hard to get this accurate only going by visuals.

Increasing the buffer size is the only way to help this issue at the moment. I had considered in the past mixing the claps and metronome in the same stream as the OGG. I may still do this.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
Tormann71

Postby Tormann71 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:11 pm

NewCreature wrote:
Is anyone else having a problem with the "test in FOF" option? I don't know if it's EOF 1.6 or FoFiX 3.120 RC 2

This is definitely a problem with the latest FoFiX beta.

I believe that it has to do with the "lobby" screen. I don't think EOF can bypass it and go straight to a song.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:09 pm

raynebc wrote:
Rapt0r wrote:If you read my problems, the ticks are laggy and sporadic so I can not.

Besides increasing your Buffer Size, I'd suggest toggling the "Smooth Playback" and "Disable VSync" settings as well.

I've tried to no avail.
Um?
Gugered

Postby Gugered » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:34 pm

oxzatanxo wrote:Las liricas se pueden cantar en la ultima version de fof?? Digo las que se hacen con EOF?
Perdonenme pero no hablo ingles y el traductor es espantozo :unsure:

Actualmente EOF solo puede poner las letras de las canciones sin ningun tipo de nota que se requiera para poder cantar, es mejor esperar, no se puede cantar, al menos en mi versión de MAC.

Oh yeah i speak both english and spanish, i'm awesome o_o, just kidding.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:05 am

Nothing is working. Anyone know of any alternatives for getting syncing the beats?

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”