Trying to import rock band mod to Fofix Megalight.

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 15 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
2 + 2 = 5
MarvinPA

Re: Trying to import rock band mod to Fofix Megalight.

Postby MarvinPA » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:29 am

Ultra_mc wrote:And where is this " Songs Folder " in Fofix?

In the folder "data" create a new folder called "songs" that's where your songs go.
Ultra_mc

Postby Ultra_mc » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:24 pm

OK I got it to show up but when I made a song folder and put one in to test, I opened it up but got an error: "See log file C:(Backwards /)DOCUME~1/COMPAQ~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/Rar$EX34.422/FretsOnFire.exe.log for details" I deleted the songs folder and that didnt help.
mrhoeivo

Postby mrhoeivo » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:27 pm

The game doesn't automatically know which folder is your songs folder. You have to choose which folder the game looks in for songs. Do that in the options menu.

Edit: By the way, I don't know what these other guys are saying... you can put your songs folder anywhere you want, you just need to tell the game where it is.
Ultra_mc

Postby Ultra_mc » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:54 pm

^I did that but the thing is when I try to open Fofix I get a random crap error I posted above
Angrytigerp

Postby Angrytigerp » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:17 pm

Are you extracting the FoFiX archive first? Because otherwise, why is the log file being written in a temp folder?
ImageImage
I'm a musical guy. Check out my YouTube Page, for example.
Ultra_mc

Postby Ultra_mc » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:01 pm

^I open the Fofix file with winrar and lauch "FretsOnFire" if thats what your talking about, I don't know anything about the error. Maybe if I re-install it, it will work again.
mrhoeivo

Postby mrhoeivo » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:42 pm

Ok, first things first. You need to calm down and stop expecting us to come in here and answer all of your questions in 3 seconds. Be more specific. I am trying to help you, but you are not telling us what exactly is going on, you're just posting random crap. Take more than 15 seconds to type your comments; be detailed, be specific. Spell-check your comment; we can't help you if we can't understand you.

Now, when do you get that error? Does it happen when you first try to run FoFiX, or does it happen when you try to play a song?
Angrytigerp

Postby Angrytigerp » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:17 pm

Ultra_mc wrote:^I open the Fofix file with winrar and lauch "FretsOnFire" if thats what your talking about, I don't know anything about the error. Maybe if I re-install it, it will work again.

Ah. I see the problem. The .rar file is like a .zip file. It needs to be extracted to a folder. You can run the program like with a .zip file, the computer automatically generating a temporary folder, but if I remember correctly, there are restrictions on it. Here's what you're gonna do:

1.) Right-click on "FoFiX 3.030 For Windows.rar" or whatever it's called (It's something like that).

2.) Select "Extract to FoFiX 3.030 For Windows/", ("Extract to" is in all the options, but the one you're looking for will be "...to (the file's name).

3.) Now, a new folder should appear. In it will be the FoFiX files. Try running the program now. When the logfile is generated (if it is, this time), it will be in that folder, and you can give it to us.

Does this help your issue?
ImageImage
I'm a musical guy. Check out my YouTube Page, for example.
Ultra_mc

Postby Ultra_mc » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:19 pm

Ok I redownloaded it with a few songs and everything is working fine. I'll try adding themes later when I feel like it.

Thanks! :laugh:

---- EDIT ----

OK I have the theme in the select theme but it doesnt actually activate, same with "GH3 Megalight" that comes with it!

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”