MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030) (OLD)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
Qstick

Re: MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030)

Postby Qstick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:40 am

KrazzyKlown wrote:
death_au wrote:No one's said their doing it yet.
I imagine there isn't much difference, and when one gets done the other will follow soon after

thank you, now i have some hope.

EDIT: i tried the new set list mode with RB2 theme but it looks pretty messed up. i figure i'm missing some files, if any one could show me were they are it would be appreciated for i can't seem to find them myself.

the new rb2 setlist mode is not finished yet, therefore it has not been commited yet, you are prob playing with list/cd mode and you will have to play around with the theme.ini settings to get it to look good.
space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:33 am

Hola. To clear a few things up:

Just remember that things have to be done in a way not to break the game as it is. What happens to the themes that aren't Rock Band 2, cool as those images are to look at? Can that happen in a way that doesn't slow your computer down to nothing? If you don't code, realize that that takes a lot of work even if you know what you're doing.

KID - your help with the graphics is greatly appreciated, but don't worry about making big posts about the coding things. The people coding them will make announcements when things are ready to go. I'm not even actually on the coding team right now, so I can't say something like "I will take a shot at this" with any authority or believability. I couldn't fix a typo without getting someone to clear it for me. I've only been around this forum for what, a week?

KrazzyKlown - though I haven't looked at it super-closely, if the solo menu happens, I would assume the difficulties menu is just as likely. The public announcement is about a million years premature. I just wanted a few graphics to play around with.
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:09 am

akedrou wrote:Just remember that things have to be done in a way not to break the game as it is. What happens to the themes that aren't Rock Band 2, cool as those images are to look at?

The screenshots that hman333 has posted are all from the MegaLight theme (and he is the one working on it...) and I believe the setlist is no different between themes, unlike the in-game stuff, so it shouldn't be a problem on any theme. It looks like he's even making sure it works if the specific graphics aren't present, so it's backwards compatible with all themes.
space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:43 am

death_au wrote:The screenshots that hman333 has posted are all from the MegaLight theme (and he is the one working on it...) and I believe the setlist is no different between themes, unlike the in-game stuff, so it shouldn't be a problem on any theme. It looks like he's even making sure it works if the specific graphics aren't present, so it's backwards compatible with all themes.

Yea, the stuff he's posting looks pretty sweet. That wasn't to him (or any of the people working on the coding side). More just a sort of a general call to the non-coders requesting things that aren't familiar with what goes into programming. I've somehow managed to avoid forums my entire life so I'm not really up on the best way to phrase things. Sorry if that sounded like I was getting on him. Entirely not the case. :)
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:44 am

akedrou wrote:
death_au wrote:The screenshots that hman333 has posted are all from the MegaLight theme (and he is the one working on it...) and I believe the setlist is no different between themes, unlike the in-game stuff, so it shouldn't be a problem on any theme. It looks like he's even making sure it works if the specific graphics aren't present, so it's backwards compatible with all themes.

Yea, the stuff he's posting looks pretty sweet. That wasn't to him (or any of the people working on the coding side). More just a sort of a general call to the non-coders requesting things that aren't familiar with what goes into programming. I've somehow managed to avoid forums my entire life so I'm not really up on the best way to phrase things. Sorry if that sounded like I was getting on him. Entirely not the case. :)

Lol, obviously I'm not up on the best way to word things, either. It sounded like you weren't sure if this was going to work anywhere but RB2 themes, and I was just pointing out that it would. It's all clear now
The Photoshop Wizard
kristijan_mkd

Postby kristijan_mkd » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:19 am

Hah guys i just woke up... :smile: For explaining..

The solo menu...
I made a concept like the main menu, to be consist of mainbg.pn and maintext.png and it's still an issue.
Iif someone wants to make it, the graphics are ready..i don't post just ideas , i made the graphics too :smile:

And the setlist...

I still don't have the code, so hman333 gives me screenshots to base the background, the selected.png and the new tier.png on his screenshot..
So the setlist will anyway look like the images i post, it'll be cool.. :smile:
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:35 am

hman333 said there was going to be an extra selected image for list cd and rb modes, what's that going to be named?
The Photoshop Wizard
kristijan_mkd

Postby kristijan_mkd » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:42 am

selectedlistcd.png selectedrb2.png ... (I'm 99% sure) :smile:

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" />

.iGuitarist / .iDesign. / iRock.
ImageMy YouTubeChannel
Image My Facebook Fan Page
@rokerot on twitter
evilynux

Postby evilynux » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:46 am

@Azzco: I'm not sure but does changing "rock_band_events" to "0" is what you wanted? Also, This may sound counter-intuitive but setting "highpriority" to "False" might help with the lag. Let me know what happens.
A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:04 am

How are the current song.ini things? Is this right?

artist =
eighthnote_hopo =
frets =
name =
year =
loading_phrase =
force_background =
album =
genre =
diff_song =
diff_bass =
diff_guitar =
diff_drums =
I'm posting some songs in a minute, would like to know if there's anything else I can add.

And what do I put to diff_bass etc if the track does not exist?
The Photoshop Wizard
kristijan_mkd

Postby kristijan_mkd » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:18 am

Yes they are correct and if there isn't a bass track i think there will be a N/A sign... I don't know if you should delete diff_bass from the song.ini u should ask hman333 but he's not here now ... :unsure:

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

.iGuitarist / .iDesign. / iRock.
ImageMy YouTubeChannel
Image My Facebook Fan Page
@rokerot on twitter
HeartofPain

Postby HeartofPain » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:44 am

Damn im getting annoyed with this I want to play the game(with this mod that is very good gratz)...but i cant on Windows Vista when I choose a song the game crashes...I already test it on XP and it works....but i can´t play there because it´s not my pc im on this situation for more than 2 weeks any help will be welcome....thanks!

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

EDIT: Don´t ask me for the log file because there´s nothing in it...
Im doomed

EDIT2:Sincerely, if someone could help that would be great i was reading other pages and I saw another person with the same problem but it wasn´t solved....so that´s why I posted this here..
Last edited by HeartofPain on Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrFaust

Postby MrFaust » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:11 pm

This is a sample layout of the song.ini that I have been doing for the complete RB catalog...

[song]
name = So What'cha Want
artist = Beastie Boys
album = Check Your Head
year = 1992
genre = Rock
diff_guitar = 0
diff_drums = 1
diff_bass = 0
diff_band = 0
unlock_id = rb2_t1 <- current career mode setting (set to GUITAR CAREER)
icon = rb2 <- for future icons in RB2 setlist (if it happens)
unlockg_id = rb2_t1 <- future seperated career modes (GUITAR CAREER)
unlockr_id = rb2_t1 <- future seperated career modes (BASS GUITAR CAREER)
unlockd_id = rb2_t2 <- future seperated career modes (DRUMS CAREER)
unlockb_id = rb2_t1 <- future seperated career modes (BAND CAREER)

almost finished. I was hoping to post the full update pack tonight, but some things came up this weekend that took my focus away for a bit. The only thing left is setting the career modes in the song.ini RB1 is completely done. RB2 is 20% and then have to do the DLC. It might be tomorrow before the full pack is posted.
Qstick

Postby Qstick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:36 pm

Faust is right thats what it should look like, also its "diff_band" not "diff_song". and if the track does not exist you just dont but a diff_bass in the song.ini at all and it will read as "N/A"
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:07 pm

Update:

My desktop seems to finally be stabilized with a 2.1 GHz clock. This nVidia nForce2 motherboard apparently does not fully support DDR 400 RAM, as it will only run it at 200 MHz in single-channel mode (even though I have two 1GB modules in slots 1 and 3). My GeForce MX 440 AGP 8x card is running acceptably with ForceWare v93.71, although I already miss the performance of my GeForce Go 6600 Mobile (may it cool in peace).

On that note, setting highpriority = False in your fretsonfire.ini file does indeed help with lag on certain setups. I used to run with it set to True, and got some nice results on my laptop. Since moving to this older desktop, my original FoFiX settings resulted in some bad and uneven lag.

In case anyone else is interested, here is the fretsonfire.ini I ended up with -- it allows me to get an almost constant 60 FPS in single-player modes with my less-than-ideal setup (I had to do this first, and spent a lot of time testing settings - I couldn't code anything with the game not really playable):

http://paste2.org/p/115907

(note: scrolling lyrics and sections are disabled -- they are a major source of lag for this older video card. Soon there will be a new MIDI lyric display mode that won't be so demanding.)

So now, finally on my last day off, it looks like I might actually be able to work on FoFiX a little before I have to wake up at 4am for the next 4 days :rolleyes:

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”