MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030) (OLD)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
...the pain
myfingershurt

Re: MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030)

Postby myfingershurt » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:35 pm

For FoFiX issue 549:

r1067 - only 10 necks in FoFiX, all blank / transparent.

This covers our asses, and also will most likely result in us finding some GPL-compliant necks to use sooner rather than later.

Shortly I will be replacing these 10 necks with various simple colors and transparencies that I will toss together.

(if you've created a good-looking neck or two for FoF, and I mean you actually created it from scratch / it's your own work, and you'd like it to be one of the 10 necks distributed with FoFiX, post it here and be sure to include explicit permission in your post for us to use the neck!)

---- EDIT ----

...and r1069 replaced all 10 FoFiX necks with simply and randomly colored necks (<= 50% transparency).

I'm sure someone would love to replace them with something better :)
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:25 am

That works. Alright guys, if you got something that looks good, let us know. Let's see how fast we can replace the defaults with something nice!!! :2thumbsup:
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:26 am

Awesome - all of the "Milestone:Release-3.100" issues are now spoken for - though it's too bad we had to toss those neck images, it's for the better.

I'll definitely be doing as much testing as I can tomorrow, as it now appears that release is imminent.

Soon 3.100 shall be out, the feature freeze shall be over, we'll have a fresh new dev thread, and development for 3.120 can really take off.

GET! (edit: or not...)
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:57 am

Well, one good thing is when we get separate {theme name}\necks\ folder, that for the most part can be left up to theme makers to take care of the necks if they want to use something other then the default legal ones anyway. And it'll be nicer to only use theme based necks for the random choice. Will keeps things more real for that theme.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:06 am

worldrave wrote:Well, one good thing is when we get separate {theme name}\necks\ folder, that for the most part can be left up to theme makers to take care of the necks if they want to use something other then the default legal ones anyway. And it'll be nicer to only use theme based necks for the random choice. Will keeps things more real for that theme.

QFT

Latest rev is lookin good so far after extensive testing playing guitar parts on all different types of song. Gonna take a break and then do some drum testing, and then should be packaging and uploading 3.100 final in an hour or two.
Hiasl

Postby Hiasl » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:03 am

worldrave wrote:Well, one good thing is when we get separate {theme name}\necks\ folder, that for the most part can be left up to theme makers to take care of the necks if they want to use something other then the default legal ones anyway. And it'll be nicer to only use theme based necks for the random choice. Will keeps things more real for that theme.

Cool feature, will it gets done in 3.120?
aduro

Postby aduro » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:01 am

I sure wish my song list sorting worked correctly

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”