The Photoshop Wizard
kristijan_mkd

Re: MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030)

Postby kristijan_mkd » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:42 pm

Oh jimi ok, i don't know about that.... :unsure:
holystoneH

Postby holystoneH » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm

btw about the rockband list view. in the rb1 music store the songs are displayed not with 5 circles for the difficultiy but with 9. even rock band 2 dlc songs are listed there with 9 possible difficulty circles for the instruments.

here is a picture

Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:51 pm

Perhaps there can be a new key assignment menu (apart from the existing ones) with setting for menu navigation, alt menu navigation (for another instrument, eg drums) and song list functions (sort, diffs, parts, preview, etc). Checking for key conflicts occurs within this menu, but does not check for gameplay key conflicts.
Sounds like a fair bit of work though...
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:58 pm

holystoneH wrote:btw about the rockband list view. in the rb1 music store the songs are displayed not with 5 circles for the difficultiy but with 9. even rock band 2 dlc songs are listed there with 9 possible difficulty circles for the instruments.

here is a picture

I dont think thats VERY important... meanwhile this is progressing you should start from 5 circles...
to make it simple and then make it just like RB :thumbup:
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:11 pm

blazingamer wrote:Animated hitflames are almost completed, just adding little tidbits so the animated hit glow doesn't pop up if the event's length isn't enough for it to be considered a sustain.

Didn't notice this post before... Good work :thumbup:
If you get that hitglow thing working, I would be very happy. And also, if it works, could you have a look and see if you can apply the same thing to drums? Currently hitglows show up on drum notes that are marked as long notes in the midi. See Issue 341 for more info.
If it's not that easy, don't worry about it. I only mention it because it seems related to what you're doing.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:24 pm

RedShadow wrote:I dont think thats VERY important... meanwhile this is progressing you should start from 5 circles...

Do it once, do it right. :smile:

IMO there should be an option between 5/9 difficulties with 9 being the standard, when viewing with 5 elements there could be 4 graphics for the higher difficulties. Say the graphics for a difficulty rating of 6 being a very faint horned icon, 7 being a little more apperant, 8 and 9 being appearant and very apperant.

How does that sound?
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:44 pm

Azzco wrote:
RedShadow wrote:I dont think thats VERY important... meanwhile this is progressing you should start from 5 circles...

IMO there should be an option between 5/9 difficulties with 9 being the standard, when viewing with 5 elements there could be 4 graphics for the higher difficulties. Say the graphics for a difficulty rating of 6 being a very faint horned icon, 7 being a little more apperant, 8 and 9 being appearant and very apperant.

How does that sound?

I imagine the "9" difficulty could actually go up to 10 (9 horned icons) in which case you'd have to do is halve the difficulty value before you display it in the rb2 song list. Could also maybe have it display the first 5 icons, and instead of all going to the "horned" icon on on 6th, just the first icon goes horned, then second, then third, etc. That would show a difficulty out of 10.
Not sure if we should really bother with it though. A difficulty raating out of 5(+1) should be plenty
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:46 pm

seeing as mr faust has allready done half of dlc i think we should stick with five (it allready looks way sweeter)

you have to admit the giant improvement
lnkk

Postby lnkk » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:14 pm

blazingamer wrote:Animated hitflames are almost completed, just adding little tidbits so the animated hit glow doesn't pop up if the event's length isn't enough for it to be considered a sustain.

thank god, i've been waiting this for ages. <3 animated hitflames
MrFaust

Postby MrFaust » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:22 pm

slantyr wrote:seeing as mr faust has allready done half of dlc i think we should stick with five (it allready looks way sweeter)

you have to admit the giant improvement

actually EVERY song in the Rock Band catalog has been done now. :)
all artwork is collected, sized and formated. all but 1 unedited mids have been sorted and named.
all that is left is the career modes to by put in the song.ini and i'm done. but that is still 200+ song.ini's to edit
The Wiitard
rednano12

Postby rednano12 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:26 pm

1-9 is just for tiers. Do we really need that? NO! I can't wait for this songlist to finish. That will be freaking sweet!
Oct. 30th is Cama appreciation day!

Check out my first song: Snow (Hey Oh)
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:08 pm

Well, my laptop's video problems are heat-related... I always provided good airflow but I guess the years of use were apparently more than this particular laptop was designed for. It's all I can do now to migrate my data over the network since I can't use the laptop itself anymore.

I'm now on an old desktop of mine, I had to get a new hard drive to get it running. Since I haven't gotten my first paycheck yet, I had to borrow from the drum fund to pay for it... but at least now it seems I have a computer. Damn.

It'll still be a while before I get everything I need up and running on the desktop. It's got an old GeForce MX 440 - which should be good enough for FoFiX.
Hes back!
baseballplayinty

Postby baseballplayinty » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:16 pm

myfingershurt wrote:Well, my laptop's video problems are heat-related... I always provided good airflow but I guess the years of use were apparently more than this particular laptop was designed for. It's all I can do now to migrate my data over the network since I can't use the laptop itself anymore.

I'm now on an old desktop of mine, I had to get a new hard drive to get it running. Since I haven't gotten my first paycheck yet, I had to borrow from the drum fund to pay for it... but at least now it seems I have a computer. Damn.

It'll still be a while before I get everything I need up and running on the desktop. It's got an old GeForce MX 440 - which should be good enough for FoFiX.

Hey how much are you down? :blush: well at least the moneys went to a great cause.

Anyways about post... Seeing how im 14 years old so i don't have a credit card. And i have to get a checking account for my job anyways so when i start my job i'll send you some money. :thumbup:

But until then i haven't a way to give you my money unless through the mail... What state do you live in? I live in michigan so im hoping your mailing address isn't too far
I support...
http://www.fretsonfire.org
http://www.FansOnFire.tk
and FoFix

If you EVER need help with anything just ask me i can probably can help you and will try to point you in the best direction if i can't give you the info directly.
The Photoshop Wizard
kristijan_mkd

Postby kristijan_mkd » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:44 pm

Hey MFH, sorry about your problems dude..xD

@Forum Guys...

Look at the new , beta 3 look of the RB2 Setlist... :smile:
Details here
There will be at least 2 more beta previews before final release... :wink:
*The difficulties are shown like that to show the devil, the empty circle, the full circle and the N/A sign.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" />

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" />

.iGuitarist / .iDesign. / iRock.
ImageMy YouTubeChannel
Image My Facebook Fan Page
@rokerot on twitter
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:51 pm

death_au wrote:
Azzco wrote:

How does that sound?

I imagine the "9" difficulty could actually go up to 10 (9 horned icons) in which case you'd have to do is halve the difficulty value before you display it in the rb2 song list. Could also maybe have it display the first 5 icons, and instead of all going to the "horned" icon on on 6th, just the first icon goes horned, then second, then third, etc. That would show a difficulty out of 10.
Not sure if we should really bother with it though. A difficulty raating out of 5(+1) should be plenty

That was my point ... really 5 points its good for now :thumbup:

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”