MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030) (OLD)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
...the pain
myfingershurt

Re: MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.021)

Postby myfingershurt » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:33 pm

No, this.

It's probably not very feasible. Don't expect it anytime soon.
evil-doer

Postby evil-doer » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:50 pm

what ive wanted for a long time is to have a virtual folder created when the game starts named "all songs". the game just reads in every song in every subfolder and dumps them all into this single place, and have it sorted by artist by default so all of the songs by the same artist that are scattered around all of the various games are in the same place. a button that toggles the sorting on the fly would be an added bonus.
Disco Skulls FTW!
Death Legion

Postby Death Legion » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:00 pm

Been a long time since I posted here :tongue:

Graphic suggestion (but requires coding):

Would it be possible for the CD base to automatically display the CD center and the edges, ABOVE the label (so if we'd take the plans from the closest to the farthest, we'd have CD Center / Edges => Label image => CD Base).

For the center/edges, something like this would perfect (this is the Fddr's templace):
For others template, see this topic.

Why? This would let anybony to make a label the easiest way: you'd only have to take the image you want, and make it fit the old 350-pixels diameter circle ^^ It's not even necessary to do this, but you'd be sure your image would be displayed as you want it to be displayed ^^

Drawback => Old labels not using the same template as the one automatically provided would look bad... Maybe add an option in song.ini (something like "cd_template = 0" if the template isn't needed, if not specified, the game would automatically understand "cd_template = 1")?
Puppetz fan club member :tongue:
J-Man

Re: MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.020)

Postby J-Man » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:33 pm

myfingershurt wrote:WTH are you talking about, are you paying attention or what?

The cycling through instruments on the songlist by drum 3 needs taken out or made a toggle, because you cant go down in the songlist anymore. Some people DON'T use keyboards, you know, and since you refuse to add another set of directions and a pause button for the drums, you screwed us over.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:47 pm

evil-doer wrote:what ive wanted for a long time is to have a virtual folder created when the game starts named "all songs". the game just reads in every song in every subfolder and dumps them all into this single place, and have it sorted by artist by default so all of the songs by the same artist that are scattered around all of the various games are in the same place. a button that toggles the sorting on the fly would be an added bonus.

Some of my song folders already take a little while to load (not too bad, but still) If you went through all directories recursively and found all songs in the library, I don't know about your song list, but mine would take forever to load.
I like the idea, it would just take way too long for large libraries.
The shortcuts idea is a good one, but as MFH said, probably not feasible. Partially because each OS FoFiX runs on has different kinds of shortcuts. I did have one idea on how to make it feasible, but it would require a rewrite of the entire career system, which would be quite difficult to do, and might not even work properly. I wish I was a lot more confident with the code, then I'd try attacking some of these long term things myself...
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:57 pm

J-Man wrote:
myfingershurt wrote:WTH are you talking about, are you paying attention or what?

The cycling through instruments on the songlist by drum 3 needs taken out or made a toggle, because you cant go down in the songlist anymore. Some people DON'T use keyboards, you know, and since you refuse to add another set of directions and a pause button for the drums, you screwed us over.

Or you could have taken the time to explain yourself better when you posted this issue - this is the first time I've understood what you were reporting. I do NOT have a drumset, so I try to satisfy the needs of those who have drumsets by guessing.

I'm so glad my efforts are seen by some as screwing you over. That was certainly my intention.
J-Man

Postby J-Man » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:06 pm

i said the exact same thing as i said before, except with part instead of instrument.

And i need to get muted or something before I say something stupid again. School has my stress level up at crazy levels and i snap waay to easily.
SmashD

Postby SmashD » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:52 pm

Rapidshare mirrors:

FoFiX-3.021-Patch-Windows.rar_+_RB1_Theme_3.020.zip
Both v3.021 and the RB1 theme patch to 3.020 in one package

FoFiX-3.025-beta1-Patch-Windows.rar_+_RB1_Theme_3.020.zip
Both v3.025 beta1 and the RB1 theme patch to 3.020 in one package
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:05 pm

Death Legion wrote:Been a long time since I posted here :tongue:

Graphic suggestion (but requires coding):

Would it be possible for the CD base to automatically display the CD center and the edges, ABOVE the label (so if we'd take the plans from the closest to the farthest, we'd have CD Center / Edges => Label image => CD Base).

For the center/edges, something like this would perfect (this is the Fddr's templace):
For others template, see this topic.

Why? This would let anybony to make a label the easiest way: you'd only have to take the image you want, and make it fit the old 350-pixels diameter circle ^^ It's not even necessary to do this, but you'd be sure your image would be displayed as you want it to be displayed ^^

Drawback => Old labels not using the same template as the one automatically provided would look bad... Maybe add an option in song.ini (something like "cd_template = 0" if the template isn't needed, if not specified, the game would automatically understand "cd_template = 1")?

Being able to specify a default label for use when there is no available would be good too.
I'd also love to see the option of being able to select which template you want to overlay the labels.

Bah this is just another feature request. =/
I wish I could get the sources running myself so I could mod some too.
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:29 pm

THEME3_000-Guitar Hero Aerosmith.rar: (~24MB, RAR archive, Mediafire host)
THEME3_000-Guitar Hero I.rar: (~9MB, RAR archive, Mediafire host)
THEME3_000-Rock Band 1.rar: (~52MB, RAR archive, Mediafire host)

-------

What is wrong with these themes? They're all crappily made, especially the GH1 theme!
Can we get this forum going again?
lnkk

Postby lnkk » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:34 pm

myfingershurt wrote:
J-Man wrote:

Or you could have taken the time to explain yourself better when you posted this issue - this is the first time I've understood what you were reporting. I do NOT have a drumset, so I try to satisfy the needs of those who have drumsets by guessing.

I'm so glad my efforts are seen by some as screwing you over. That was certainly my intention.

relax, iam using drums and all u have to do is configure the drum directionals with xpadder and use the up/down arrow to navigate on the setlist. Dont listen to those ungrateful low QI noobs.

And J-man ur such a retard... what the **** have u done for the mod? nothing thats it, so chill out and show some respect.
evil-doer

Postby evil-doer » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:38 pm

death_au wrote:Some of my song folders already take a little while to load (not too bad, but still) If you went through all directories recursively and found all songs in the library, I don't know about your song list, but mine would take forever to load.
I like the idea, it would just take way too long for large libraries.
The shortcuts idea is a good one, but as MFH said, probably not feasible. Partially because each OS FoFiX runs on has different kinds of shortcuts. I did have one idea on how to make it feasible, but it would require a rewrite of the entire career system, which would be quite difficult to do, and might not even work properly. I wish I was a lot more confident with the code, then I'd try attacking some of these long term things myself...

you could have it saved in a special config file. have the option in the settings to build/rebuild the "database" and have the disclaimer it may take a few minutes. so on normal play its all cached in a text file.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:46 pm

evil-doer wrote:
you could have it saved in a special config file. have the option in the settings to build/rebuild the "database" and have the disclaimer it may take a few minutes. so on normal play its all cached in a text file.

Agreed: issue 118 updated.
doorknob60

Postby doorknob60 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:47 pm

I updated my Arch PKGBUILD to 3.020 :) Same URL, don't need to update the post or anything (although a link on the Google Code page would be nice XD), but yeah, I fixed a few things and now that you're on Google Code I don't have to worry about hosting it myself because it's hotlinkable :) Now it should be much easier for me to maintain my PKGBUILD, just make sure you keep using it and don't go back to using Mediafire for your main releases and patches...or Evilynux's builds either.
My FoF Videos: Click!
Edogawa Conan
Shawnyall

Postby Shawnyall » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:13 pm

how do i get drums for this?
FoFiX v3.100 Final

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”