MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030) (OLD)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
blackfriday

Re: MFH Mod 3.0xx - 3.0 and patches here!

Postby blackfriday » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:30 pm

I wish we could have phrases in Gh3 :\
Wester Toes
kawaii_kumiko69

Postby kawaii_kumiko69 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:50 pm

kristijan_mkd wrote:
myfingershurt wrote:
J-Man wrote:@MFH: RB2 has drum and bass solos. How hard would it be to put these in FOF?

Very.

I was thinking about drum solos too. I don't understend much of python but i have an idea. Could we have a separate ,,screw up sound'' for every drum, and a ,,solo section'' for the drums (like we have for the guitar) with an ,,overlay neck'' like this:

And that's that. I don't know if this is possible but, just an idea.. :)

That's not a solo, that's a fill. Drum and Bass solos still use the same blue overlay neck. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvmDKcQVqmg
Last edited by kawaii_kumiko69 on Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
emperorsenshi

Postby emperorsenshi » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:26 pm

Thanks blazinggamer for the megalight! I got 95.2% on Panic Attack (3% over my RB2 mod score) using GH2 regular ho-po thanks to it! It doesn't lag (too badly) either!
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:25 am

======================
Newest GH3 Hotfix Here
======================
Requirements: 'MFH MOD 3.0+' Minimum
--=Hotfix #11=-- (Rapidshare)
--=Hotfix #11=-- (Mediafire)
+ Adding Versiontag now with agreed theme number only now.
+ Redid the sounds
++ 'Start of Game' sound done
++ 'Select' sound done
++ 'Accept' sounds done (Proper Multiple sounds)
++ 'Guitar Screw up sounds' done (Proper Multiple sounds)
+ Made New Drums Image
++ Redid Bass Drum
++ Redid Bass Drum Star Power Collect
++ Redid Bass Drum Star Power
++ Hand Made Metallic Drums for Star Power Collect Drums.
+ Added a streakphrase.ttf font in directory (To be useable for proper GH3 streak phrase '50 Notes Hit/etc' for when code is changed to use this instead.)
+ Added a streakphrase.ttf font in directory (also to be useable for 'Difficulty Select/Instrument Select screens for when code is changed to use this instead.)
Jack of all Trades
BlackJack

Postby BlackJack » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:58 am

• Congratulations for the speed optimizations : FoF is now smooth as hell. :tt1:

• It wasn't happening before, but when the countdown reaches 0:00 at the end of a song, it briefly (until the "you rock!") starts counting down again from 0:60.
  • Though much less blurry, the static strings, at 1280x1024, are still a bit blurred; it's most visible on the top-right part of the strings.
    Note that it could be related to the way FoF tiles center_lines.png (from my previous tests on earlier versions of FoF, the blurred part was placed differently, according to the height you'd give to the strings).
  • I don't remember this happening before, but on the setlist, when using F3 to load a preview, "Loading Preview..." doesn't disappear anymore after the preview has been loaded; you can even press Escape to go to another folder : "Loading Preview..." stays on the screen.

++Replaced all gameplay text comparisons for part == "Drums" or part != "Drums" with a quicker boolean comparison using isDrum instead
I was wondering... but maybe we could use a similar code to replace lines such as :

Code: Select all

if player.part.text == "Drums":

so that part names from song.py (e.g. DRUM_PART: Part(DRUM_PART, "Drums"),) could finally be made translatable.
Or am I terribly wrong? :tongue:
Last edited by BlackJack on Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Than != Then. It's != Its. Of != Have. Your != You're. Their != There != They're.
mrhoeivo

Postby mrhoeivo » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:38 am

This is probably a stupid question, and a little off topic, but just how similar is Python to C++?
Happ E Nose

Postby Happ E Nose » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:51 am

mrhoeivo wrote:This is probably a stupid question, and a little off topic, but just how similar is Python to C++?

I don't really know. I'm learning C++ but when I look at the python code I get a bit confused. :confused:
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:58 am

ugh, I just spent hours tracing and finally solved Eze's reported freeze. Not releasing another minor version, I'm going to start looking into other bugs... damn, I thought I'd be able to continue on the To Do list but it just always seems to grow :(

In progress: 3.020
Done:
++Fixed game freeze / hang caused by "Accuracy Words Pos" = "Center" (SVN rev 41's GuitarScene.py)

If anyone absolutely needs the "Center" setting to work, go to the SVN trunk and grab GuitarScene.py from rev 41, insert into your library.zip.

I'm not coding any more tonight, tracing that problem hurt my head.

BlackJack, what you suggest is not related to the mentioned fix.

mrhoievo, quite different. Similar in many respects but you're not going to find much of Python's syntax and rules familiar if your coding has been limited to C / C++.
REA

Re: Re:

Postby REA » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:22 am

kristijan_mkd wrote:I was thinking about drum solos too. I don't understend much of python but i have an idea. Could we have a separate ,,screw up sound'' for every drum, and a ,,solo section'' for the drums (like we have for the guitar) with an ,,overlay neck'' like this:

And that's that. I don't know if this is possible but, just an idea.. :)

if you guys are talking about the big rock ending, i dont think its that hard. just set a variable for a section marker and have the over lay. then you write out the code for that instance to be a no fail section (the big rock ending) and make it so each button pressed is like 100 points or so. its time consuming, yes, but not that hard if you think about it. but then again i can/probably am be wrong.
mrhoeivo

Postby mrhoeivo » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:27 am

Why exactly are the overdrive and 'You Rock' sounds ten thousand times louder than they were before?
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:32 am

I love when someone who isn't actively developing this game decides something is "not that hard." Go ahead and make it happen, nobody's stopping you. Or is there a reason I haven't done it yet?

worldrave, I didn't notice your question before - this new board software doesn't send individual emails containing new posts :(
No, I didn't do anything with your GH3 sounds you sent me yet. That's still in the short term to do list. I still haven't even gotten anywhere near that yet - still trying to clean up the new issues that the optimized code caused. blah.

mrhoievo, sound effects mix now. If you gain starpower, and that theme plays a long crowd cheer sound, and then before it ends you activate starpower and that theme again plays a long crowd cheer sound, guess what happens? They add.

i've got to go, I can't keep answering questions.
mrhoeivo

Postby mrhoeivo » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:53 am

If it were just multiple sound effects adding together, it wouldn't happen every time you activate overdrive and every time you beat a song. I've turned SFX volume down, but apparently that's not the right option, because nothing changed. Those effects are at least twice as loud as the song itself. I can't imagine I'm the only one who's noticing this...
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:00 am

@MFH
Yeah, it's sometimes more funny then irritating. Those, and 'That should be easy to add/do'. Don't worry about the sounds then, i noticed it in the To Do, i didn't know if it was added behind the scene's yet. I follow the SVN daily, also please add the updated "ThemeINI Instructions.txt' file in the SVN with your next hotfix, it's updated with a few of the new features you added from Evilynux's patches a few hotfix's ago. Get some good rest buddy :)
imgoofygoober

Postby imgoofygoober » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:17 am

Anybody else get iteration over non-sequence every time they load a custom song with the mfh mod.

I'm running vista btw

edit:now just black screen in loading....
I gona brek yo fase :angry:
holystoneH

Postby holystoneH » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:57 am

awesome work mfh i noticed now that even the scrolling and navigating through the menus is way faster than before :2thumbup:

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”