MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030) (OLD)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
gamexprt1

Postby gamexprt1 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:53 pm

sherranjjj001 wrote:So I noticed that the You Rock sound for the GH1, 2, and 80's themes is not from the game, so I ripped it myself. Here you go everyone...

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharek....13ea352

Did you rip this from the GH2 Ark file?

Graphic Request Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24983
sherranjjj001

Postby sherranjjj001 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:23 pm

gamexprt1 wrote:
sherranjjj001 wrote:So I noticed that the You Rock sound for the GH1, 2, and 80's themes is not from the game, so I ripped it myself. Here you go everyone...

Yes sir, a little quality seems to be lost, but it's not really noticeable (it's a very, very small amount). I added a fade out at the end because on the console games it blends into the looping crowd cheer on the results screen.
LOAD!!!!!!
datea321

Postby datea321 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:36 pm

When I accidcently hold my guitar controller up[starpower button] it takes longer to load for some reason and then it crashes.
Last edited by datea321 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doorknob60

Postby doorknob60 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:01 pm

@evilynux

Thanks so much for the binaries, I've never been able to compile it :p Anyways, I'm making an Arch PKGBUILD. I'm new at it, so no guarantees it will work, but once it does, I'll upload it to AUR for all Arch users to enjoy :)
My FoF Videos: Click!
gamexprt1

Postby gamexprt1 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:19 pm

sherranjjj001 wrote:
gamexprt1 wrote:

Yes sir, a little quality seems to be lost, but it's not really noticeable (it's a very, very small amount). I added a fade out at the end because on the console games it blends into the looping crowd cheer on the results screen.

How'd you decode the .Wav files?

Graphic Request Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24983
sherranjjj001

Postby sherranjjj001 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:27 pm

That's my little secret hehe :p. Some guy on Score Hero helped me out. Surprising I know, they usually don't mess with stuff like that.
Last edited by sherranjjj001 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:37 pm

So... while we're on the subject of ripping SFX from GH2 - any chance you could also rip the repeatable GH2 crowd cheer sound (and possibly the individual tier encore repeatable cheer sounds too)?

This would motivate me to write code to let FoF behave like GH2 after a song in career mode, with the endless cheering... and the encore request cheers with the encore option screen that pops up automatically after you've unlocked an encore instead of sending you back to the songlist. (and maybe someone can get screenshots from the "travel" scene and rip that audio, and I can put together a more story-like career mode)

Although I'm still taking a break, seeing these resources posted might get me to start up again quicker :)
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:44 pm

myfingershurt wrote:Although I'm still taking a break, seeing these resources posted might get me to start up again quicker :)

lol
evilynux

Postby evilynux » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:32 am

3.005.2 MFH-Mod GNU/Linux¹ Patch (1.5MB)
(64bit: [Mediafire], 32bit: [Mediafire])
+ Fixed GH3 SP bulb positions in resolutions other than 1024x768 (patch)
+ Ensured alphanumeric sorting of neck filenames in the Neck Chooser (patch)
+ Mostly fixed tails for all Guitar Hero themes but GH1 (thanks to CrazyTerabyte).
+ Fixed the song image scrolling amount in song list/song selection screen (patch)
+ Fixed GH3 in-game score color to the proper GH3 one (patch)
Last edited by evilynux on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
evil-doer

Postby evil-doer » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:04 am

evilynux, this is mostly to you cause you seem like the kind of guy that could probably do this, but it also goes out to all of the coders.

in the root song folder ingame there would be an "all songs" virtual folder, that reads in all of the songs in all the directories and subdirectories. which would by default be sorted by artist. so you have a nice all in one place to find some of your favorite artists songs all grouped together, as many are spread all over the place.

doable?
Quenox

Postby Quenox » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:28 am

Quenox wrote:Just a quick question, is there a way to turn off Overdrive/Star Power? I really don't want it. Looked all over the options and couldn't find it, but a lot of the stuff is labelled weird.

Anybody? I just want to turn it off in custom songs, the ones that its not coded into the .mid but it shows up at random intervals anyway.
Proud owner of a Yamaha SHS-10 Keytar!
ableeker

Postby ableeker » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:02 am

Great program, incredible job, people!

I noticed that the GHIII theme has some alignment problems. Just go to the main menu, open the menu Options, and you will see that the menu and the sub menus aren't aligned with the background. Luckily this is easily fixed because it's a setting controlled by theme.ini in the theme folder. I've changed opt_text and sub_menu to x=.31, and y=.09. These values work for me.

I also noticed that on the difficulty screen the text Player 1 choose a difficulty: overlaps with the Expert setting. A solution would be to move the settings down, but a quick glance at theme.ini didn't reveal an obvious candidate. I'll check later.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:15 am

options submenus and difficulty settings use the same theme.ini value. The difficulty alignment WAS correct, until you "fixed" the options
Leather Rebel!
Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:19 am

kristijan_mkd wrote:Omg.-.- What causes this kind of stuff!? I haven't had problems with Mfh erlier versions but when i installed Mfh 3 , rb 2.1.3 and latest gh3 mod it just crashes at the loading screen , or doesn't show the loading screen either :S Any opinions :(

There might be a problem with the stages. Install the latest version of MFH and RB 2 theme, then get the fixed stages from the RB 2 theme thread.
sherranjjj001

Postby sherranjjj001 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:42 am

myfingershurt wrote:

So... while we're on the subject of ripping SFX from GH2 - any chance you could also rip the repeatable GH2 crowd cheer sound (and possibly the individual tier encore repeatable cheer sounds too)?

This would motivate me to write code to let FoF behave like GH2 after a song in career mode, with the endless cheering... and the encore request cheers with the encore option screen that pops up automatically after you've unlocked an encore instead of sending you back to the songlist. (and maybe someone can get screenshots from the "travel" scene and rip that audio, and I can put together a more story-like career mode)

Although I'm still taking a break, seeing these resources posted might get me to start up again quicker :)

I can see if I can get it out of the ARK file, it shouldn't be that hard to find. Also, in the subject of career, the little mini video of the van driving upstate has a bunch of layers of images that can be extracted with Milo. Again, I'll do my best to get everything together and send it your way.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”