MFH-Alarian Mod v2.900 - New releases here!

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
iamnoob

Postby iamnoob » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:46 pm

idk if my question has been answered, cause it gets swooped up in these pages, but is it possible to make game results text movable? like the main menu text?
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:52 pm

iamnoob wrote:idk if my question has been answered, cause it gets swooped up in these pages, but is it possible to make game results text movable? like the main menu text?

More details please... maybe a marked-up screenshot showing what you'd like the ability to move?
I forget. LETS ROCK!
jfosheezy

Postby jfosheezy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:00 pm

DUDE can you teach me your ways YOU ARE GOD
ImageImage
Dan1lo

Postby Dan1lo » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:01 pm

rednano12 wrote:To clear up the confusion:
RR - 2 more pads needed.

I know I should search but... what does RR mean?
I don't think I'll find anything useful searching/googling RR o.o
I forget. LETS ROCK!
jfosheezy

Postby jfosheezy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:03 pm

i think it means rock revolution

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

ImageImage

aduro

Postby aduro » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:44 pm

I doubt the format for RR songs will be the same as GH/rock band

basically if you want to play RR songs on drums, download drummania because that's basically what it is
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:50 pm

I know nothing about the game, but according to wikipedia, the GH controller will work with it.
evilynux

Postby evilynux » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:53 pm

2.985 MFH-Alarian Patch for GNU/Linux¹
(64bit: [Direct download or Mediafire], 32bit: [Direct download or Mediafire])
+ All changes from MFH's 2.985
Last edited by evilynux on Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maze2234

Postby Maze2234 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:01 pm

kawaii_kumiko69 wrote:[size=100]UNOFFICIAL PATCH 2.964[/size]

What I've Done:
--Added all the features of my previous patch (2.957) since my previous patch bugged MFH so he wasn't able to include it in 2.960
>Uses multB.png instead of mult.png for bass (with fall-back logic) WARNING: Delete/rename your mult2.png, I haven't fixed the resizing issue yet.
>Changed phrases to look more like the real games
>Repositioned the solo percent position for Rock Band pos.
>Misc. changes in Song name rendering during the start of the song
>Now adds support for a Song.ttf which is for the song name during the beginning of the song, and uses logic to use Menu.ttf for themes which do not have this font
>Added my bassgroovemult for 8bit theme, and switched the color of the x2 and x3 of mult.png, so as to be consistent with the dots (I don't know how to make a dotshalf.png based on skor's dots.png)
>New bass drum sound (the original was off-sync by a few ms)

New Features:
-Makes the overdrive bar glow ONLY when OD is inactive but ready
--I have to figure out how to make its glow flash with the beat (like RB)
-Repositioned the GH3 POV (the current one was too low.

BONUS:Something that hasn't been very well-known since the beginning of Coffee's mods:

To make the game show "as made famous by" instead of "as performed by" for a cretain song, just put "tags = cover" (no quotes) in that song's song.ini.

[size=100]CUSTOM GRAPHICS[/size]

[url=http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk187/kawaii_kumiko69/DrumNotesRB.png]
RB Drum Notes (Based on TXF's notes in GZ forum [I forgot where])[/url][url=http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk187/kawaii_kumiko69/Notes-005.png]
RB Notes (based on Ds~'s, made them thinner and wider)[/url][url=http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk187/kawaii_kumiko69/DrumNotesGH3.png]
GH3 Drum Notes (Based on worldrave's notes)[/url]
GH/GH2 Drum Notes (Based on sheranjjj's notes (I'm not sure))
RB Overdrive Bar (Made it wider and the fill brighter, and the glow smoother)
screen:Image

those gh2 notes are mine :) (OLD)
ImageImage
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:12 pm

To those people having crashing problems and no log being created: "fretsonfire.exe.log" is NOT the only log. There is another log created in "%appdata%/fretsonfire/fretsonfire.log" which is created whether it crashes or not. Type "%appdata%/fretsonfire" (no quotes) into your run dialog or address bar, and grab the log from there for error reporting. Note that this file can be quite long, so it's best to upload it somewhere and posting a link rather than posting the entire contents of the file here.
I also wrote a more detailed procedure for bug finding/reporting here

Also, this might be a little off-topic, sorry... But if GH4 has that open strum thing (indicated by a similar method to a bass note in drums) and drums have an extra fret... That means that guitar/drums will have an equal number of notes (albeit one more than frets currently handles) hmm....
We'd have to wait for GH4 songs to be ripped to figure out the format, but currently we have all the graphics and a lot of the code to handle 5 frets and an open/bass drum. Apart from all the work it would be to add reading an extra note for the MIDI... Just something to think about in the future
Last edited by death_au on Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
evilynux

Postby evilynux » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:48 pm

@Alexfighter: I recon debug strings should not be translated, adds unessary burden on translators (patch below).

The crash in the KeyTester is my fault, i had fixed the crash on GNU/Linux, but it seems Windows needs abit more help.
Hopefully this patch solves the issue.

The "As famous by" problem was caused by Dialogs.wrapText() .
Unfortunately, again, i workaround the problem instead of fixing the root cause. (patch below)

@BlackJack: Existence... Hehe, nice catch

@death_au, BlackJack and others willing to use mods: The change "theme loading when running from src/ folder" was to make execution from source files folder possible². The mods problem is a side effect. I've made a simple fix that should make everybody happy (patch below).

@x-driver: This german-specific problem is most likely caused by difficulty strings behind translated. Unless we change the mechanism, those strings should not be marked as translatable. (See patch below).

MFH TODO items' implementation:
++ Un-translate debugging log entries: patch (diff file)
++ Fix Test Keys crash: if you haven't plugged in the controller before starting the game, it crashes when you enter to Test Keys: patch (diff file)
++Investigate "mod" system behavior: patch (diff file)
Not on TODO list per say, but this patch prevents the need to implement this item: --Revert to original FoF German translation to avoid the reported problem
patch (diff file)
++Investigate why an extra quote appears for cover song info: patch (diff file)

² e.g. from the src/ folder, i can start the game with:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=../dist/ python2.4 FretsOnFire.py
Last edited by evilynux on Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 pm

Thanks again, Evilynux... I love you.
J-Man

Postby J-Man » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:09 am

GH4 has a rb drum feature where it cuts down to 4 pads. Maybe those midis are stored and rippable?

The open strum is only on bass afaik.
Sexier than you
p_025

Postby p_025 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:03 am

I mentioned earlier I got some sounds of my friend's x360. Well, here they are.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7d6710cf7558c393d2db6fb9a8902bda
Most of these can't be used with the MFH mod as-is. For one thing, there should be seperate sounds for overdrive energy gains and overdrive activations. Also, the MFH mod currently only has one menu action sound, my little package has ten "confirm" sounds and one "back" sound.

These aren't for the casual user right now, but I was hoping MFH or someone might code these things into the game. Feel free to rename the files or amplify the sound as needed. If anyone has cleaner sounds (overdrive activate without Bon Jovi's voice in the background, end-song without a crowd, etc.) please use those. I was discontent with the current overdrive activate sound because it didn't have that little whine at the end.

A small explaination of each of the sounds:
back.wav - for navigation backwords in the menus
endsong.wav - played when the fretboard disappears (at end of song, whether you "rock" or not, even though that phrase shouldn't be in the RB theme anyway)
energy gain.wav - for when overdrive energy is gained
energy gain, OD ready.wav - for when overdrive energy is gained and OD can be activated
OD activate.wav - self-explanatory
rb conf1-10.wav - for navigation forward in the menus

Also some sounds have capital .WAV extensions, I noticed that a bit too late. Just a heads up, if that would cause problems.

One sound I didn't get a clean recording of is the "Overdrive deactivate" sound.

Another small thing, it seems the RB moddoesn't have it's own "miss" sounds for the guitar, though it should, since RB's miss sounds are different from the GH series.
Last edited by p_025 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Desktop:
OS: Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3 (Build 2600); Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Beta (Build 7048) | CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2 CPUs, 2.40GHz) | RAM: 2x Corsair XMS 2GiB DDR2, 2x Corsair XMS 1GiB DDR2 (6GiB total, 3.25 recognized by XP) | Video: EVGA NVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MiB | Audio: Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Jack of all Trades
BlackJack

Postby BlackJack » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:33 am

evilynux wrote:I recon debug strings should not be translated, adds unessary burden on translators (patch below).
Nice.
I personally don't mind translating debug strings... but I wouldn't want MFH to go crazy and kill people when bug reporters would start posting debug logs in their own language. :p

@death_au, BlackJack and others willing to use mods: The change "theme loading when running from src/ folder" was to make execution from source files folder possible².
Thanks. I was trying to fix the mod issue myself, and that's what I was thinking, but as I wasn't sure I preferred to wait for your answer (a good idea, apparently, since you already found and released a workaround :p :;): ).

I couldn't download any of your diff files, BTW. First I got a 502 proxy error, now a "File Not Found".
This server is so mean. :p

@x-driver: This german-specific problem is most likely caused by difficulty strings behind translated. Unless we change the mechanism, those strings should not be marked as translatable. (See patch below).
My bad. When I gave my English template to TypusMensch so that he'd be able to make a German translation, I said that some strings shouldn't be translated... but didn't tell him which ones (I thought he was already aware, since Alexfighter and I brought that point several times in our posts*). Oops. :laugh:

Talking about that, difficulty strings aren't the only ones; the part names (Guitar, Bass, etc.) shouldn't be translated as well, for Solo Events to work correctly.

*Everything is explained in Alexfighter's TranslationsMissing.py, BTW (something every translator should read).

//edit : @MFH :
<li>Depending on the font used, the credits not always completely show.
For example, if you replace GH3's Main.ttf with Alexfighter's update, the credits end at "Illusoft Collada module 1.4". The remaining 4 lines are skipped, and you're back to the options menu.
Even with GH3's default font, the credits disappear very quickly (though they're showing completely), compared to RbMFH.
Last edited by BlackJack on Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Than != Then. It's != Its. Of != Have. Your != You're. Their != There != They're.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”