RF-mod-4 Discussion - Questions, suggestions, whining

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Rogue_F

Postby Rogue_F » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:56 pm

Ok talk about it here. I may or may not listen to you. It depends on how nice you are.

-Alex
Avenged_One

Postby Avenged_One » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:08 pm

Thanks!

Downloading now.
My creations: RockBand Keys & Notes.

Keys: http://www.mediafire.com/?7zlimmvc9km

Notes: http://www.mediafire.com/?6c5yoxvcjgt
Shredder
Scutch-Nukem

Postby Scutch-Nukem » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:14 pm

YEEEEEES!!

YEEEEEES!!

What? Oh right.

YEEEEEES!!

Thanks for this!
If you can read this then you've gone too far.
h3r1n6

Postby h3r1n6 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:17 pm

How do I open zip?

Just kidding, great thanks. Played around with it a little, nice job with all the notes to modify

One question to you and/or Capo:
What about the other features of C-Mod: the board speed and the fixed hit margins?
Will Capo port them, will they be left dead, do you plan on using them in RF mod somewhen?

If I know whats up with those, and finished my 1.9 I can start porting my mod up.
Rogue_F

Postby Rogue_F » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:23 pm

h3r1n6 wrote:How do I open zip?

Just kidding, great thanks. Played around with it a little, nice job with all the notes to modify

One question to you and/or Capo:
What about the other features of C-Mod: the board speed and the fixed hit margins?
Will Capo port them, will they be left dead, do you plan on using them in RF mod somewhen?

If I know whats up with those, and finished my 1.9 I can start porting my mod up.

The board speed stuff was not integrated. The VBPM stuff in 1.2.X just seems whacky and broken. I'd rather fix it than integrate this stuff.

Capo did not do anything to his hit margins except recalcuate them which even 4.08 already did. So it was not included. He just added a cap, which I don't think is the right solution. So it was not included. In fact I think that is detrimental to picking up lost HOPOs because of the way FoF currently works. I have a longer term solution for this but it's not here yet. Requires a good amount of recoding.

Picking up HOPOs with RF-mod does not seem any different than his mod or even much different than RF-mod-3.5.

-Alex
Ichi_Vanilla

Postby Ichi_Vanilla » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:31 pm

pumped for this, but one quick question, when you say "2 fret only chords" does this mean your mod disables 3 and 4 fret chords? because i enjoy using those, considering GHII actually uses them, i have no need to dumb down my playing experience.

and if it does, is there a simple way to undo it?

thanks in advance, and i appreciate all the hard work.
Last edited by Ichi_Vanilla on Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Completed Songs:
Takaru - Pic N Choose (Medium/Hard/Expert)
VIRUSX900

Postby VIRUSX900 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:33 pm

HOLY CRAP! You've done a GREAT JOB ON THIS MOD! I shall run into the street screaming RF-MOD 4 For The win!
-Those Who Can, Do. Those who Can't, Get Their Ass Kicked! :cool:
h3r1n6

Postby h3r1n6 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:36 pm

Rogue_F wrote:The board speed stuff was not integrated. The VBPM stuff in 1.2.X just seems whacky and broken. I'd rather fix it than integrate this stuff.

Capo did not do anything to his hit margins except recalcuate them which even 4.08 already did. So it was not included. He just added a cap, which I don't think is the right solution. So it was not included. In fact I think that is detrimental to picking up lost HOPOs because of the way FoF currently works. I have a longer term solution for this but it's not here yet. Requires a good amount of recoding.

Picking up HOPOs with RF-mod does not seem any different than his mod or even much different than RF-mod-3.5.

-Alex

It was just me with the picking up streaks, just played through Freebird, picking up lost streaks itself seems fine.

However, I missed a lot more. Maybe that is because I am now used to high board speeds, and my brain can't cope with that cluster of notes coming at me.

Is the RF mod 4 hopo stricter than 3.5 one, or is it just me and what I am used to again?

Edit:
In your RF-mod-MOD.txt, the ring notes are called dot, seems to be copy and paste mistake :).
Last edited by h3r1n6 on Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VIRUSX900

Postby VIRUSX900 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:44 pm

Well i found it harder to play songs with rf-mod 4 as well. I think it's just because of the angle for the board (WHICH IS AWESOME!!!).I Like how the flames get bigger and change color to the multiplier you got. that is SWEET!!!!

Oh ya, h3r1n6, worldrave said something about you making a hering mod that will be compatible with 1.2.451 as soon as fr-mod 4 is released. is this true? are you going to really? BECAUSE THAT WOULD OWN!!!
Last edited by VIRUSX900 on Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RexMundi412

Postby RexMundi412 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:48 pm

Thanks, how did you know it was my Birthday!
lnkk

Postby lnkk » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:49 pm

wow!!!! AWESOME. thanks alot rogue, u made my day!
h3r1n6

Postby h3r1n6 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:50 pm

VIRUSX900 wrote:Well i found it harder to play songs with rf-mod 4 as well. I think it's just because of the angle for the board (WHICH IS AWESOME!!!).I Like how the flames get bigger and change color to the multiplier you got. that is SWEET!!!!

Oh ya, h3r1n6, worldrave said something about you making a hering mod that will be compatible with 1.2.451 as soon as fr-mod 4 is released. is this true? are you going to really? BECAUSE THAT WOULD OWN!!!

Yes this is true. I am going to make this, release somewhen this month.

I need to get some things right for the 1.9 release, which I will finish first.
And then I will port, which will take some time, because a lot of my code is just bad, looking at it now. So I am going to recode some stuff.
VIRUSX900

Postby VIRUSX900 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:53 pm

Thanks, This means the next two months are going to OWN!
New school, your mod, a new game release....
To much excitement.

So is this now functional with most mods??? (rf-mod 4)
Lovin Life
kpChadR08

Postby kpChadR08 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:22 pm

Umm, I installed your Mod. I hit "Play Game" and my FoF froze and I can't even manually close out of it.

I have to restart my computer to get rid of it.

I can't post my fof.ini because you told me to get rid of it, and if I can't 'Play Game' it won't create a fof.ini.

I was just using your Mod and raph's GH Mod.
"Rule 36: I am Legend, you are Beowulf, we are Marshal, and this is Sparta"
- IRC Channel

Songs Completed:Woo Hoo, Bring Me to Life
Magnum.SXT

Postby Magnum.SXT » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:30 pm

I just downloaded and gave it a quick try. I've been playing the beta for a few days, and I immediately noticed the additional polish on the user interface.

Great stuff!

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”