RF-mod-4 Discussion - Questions, suggestions, whining

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
AAA2008

Postby AAA2008 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:22 am

SerenadeDS wrote:Hey, I have a question (Though it might have been asked before, I apologize)

I just installed RF-mod 4 on my FoF game, but then I noticed that Tappable Notes/Hammer-Ons were then disabled.

I've looked but I can't find the right option to turn them back on. Help?
Mass Effect FTW :)
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:30 am

AAA2008 wrote:
SerenadeDS wrote:Hey, I have a question (Though it might have been asked before, I apologize)

I just installed RF-mod 4 on my FoF game, but then I noticed that Tappable Notes/Hammer-Ons were then disabled.

I've looked but I can't find the right option to turn them back on. Help?

Settings > RF-Mod Settings > Ho/Po Settings.

Mike.
Songs Finished: 82,
Metallica - Papa Roach - Disturbed - Bloodhound Gang
john225

Postby john225 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:57 am

Hello I have a problem. I have the RF-Mod 4 for Linux. It works good but if i change the setting for example german language or gh-mod the game crash and i must restart my computer. What can it be?
cousteau

Postby cousteau » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:32 pm

Well, I didn't want to install this mod (I wanted 1.2.512 version because 1.2.451 seemed to be too slow), but I finally succumbed. It works nice!
I edited the "FretsOnFire" shell script adding a "-c fretsonfire.ini" option, so it uses its own config file instead of ~/.fretsonfire/fretsonfire.ini, which I'm using in the official game.

Now I want to make a custom "portable edition" on a pendrive. Is this feasible, or the game would be too slow?
What can I do in a Windows version to use a custom fretsonfire.ini file? Should I write a fretsonfire.bat file?

@john225: I had a similar problem. Try replacing the "international.ttf" font with a copy of "default.ttf", or use your own font.
\m/
Snesboy

Postby Snesboy » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:24 pm

This thing compatible with Alarian Mod?
Why is the character limit for your signature 6969?
h4yst3r

Postby h4yst3r » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:26 am

I installed this mod and it worked fine the 1st time but when i changed the priority and exited frets on fire and went back into it, it freezes everytime. Anyone know how to fix it?
slegnameihana

Postby slegnameihana » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:02 am

I actually have the same problem. I was switching the priority to a higher priority because I would start to lag for a second or two when I was running other programs. So, I was trying to swich the priority to High, and I accidentally switched it to Realtime instead.

Now, when I open up FOF, I can't do anything. The intro music plays, but the keyboard freezes up and I can't even see the mouse pointer. I just have to restart the computer. Then, I tried deleting it and redownloading it, but I get the same problem. I even changed the folder name and the filename of the program from FretsOnFire to FOF to see if it would alleviate the problem, but no go. I can still play the original version of the game, but honestly, it sucks without the mod and makes me a sad panda.

Help would be very appreciated. Grazie.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:49 am

You use Windows XP? If so, go to start>run>type %appdata%/fretsonfire> then delete fretsonfire.ini Same to me before. I thought setting it to Realtime was a great idea.
slegnameihana

Postby slegnameihana » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:56 am

w00t. I am back in action, baby (to populate the bottom of the high scores list).

Thank you, good sir.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:59 am

Glad, I could help:)
Fluffy Taco

Postby Fluffy Taco » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:32 pm

i dont get some things under the mod settings, for instance, whats the 'color fret orange' do?

edit: whats the best recommended theme to DL using RF-mod-4?
Last edited by Fluffy Taco on Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slegnameihana

Postby slegnameihana » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:44 pm

Colror Fret Orange changes the fifth fret, which is a pink-ish color on the original game, to the orange color more like the Guitar Hero fretboard.
JPSlacker

Postby JPSlacker » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:07 pm

like i cant get any of the download links to work
the only thing that i can get going is the ones form like download.com wich have bugs in them so can any one help?
h4yst3r

Postby h4yst3r » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 am

I installed the mod then after I opened frets on fire the main screen was split screen and I cant see all of the menu. Anyone know how to fix it?
Brillu

Postby Brillu » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:42 pm

hello,

i have a problem with the rf-mod 4 on my mac. i have downloaded the mod, installed it and when i start the game, nothing happens. i opened my console and looked for the last error (see attachment!)

could anybody help me? what is the problem?

thanks

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”