Menu Songs for Alarian 2.8 - REAL RIPS!!

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 15 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
0.o
.liquid.

Postby .liquid. » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:40 pm

No this was a direct digital feed from the cd... so technically I captured raw digital signal... Which is my sound output format in windows. The wave out is a directx emulation by default... However... I didn't bother to set the output Ogg compression to a rediculasly high level... 6 was used out of a possible 10 for output... It sounds great, and it's only 7meg, so for a menu that you're hardly on, I didn't deem it necessary to have 3meg songs when I wanted 5 in the theme... The overal quality to gain out of a doubled ogg size wasn't worth it for something I rarely hear.

I wanted to keep the size down primarily out of hosting size respect to the Alarian mod users.
Last edited by .liquid. on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:26 am

I understand the concerns about filesize, a good thing. But, for example, 'GNR-Welcome to the jungle" which is the newly released menu2.ogg, which is 1.35M (1:40seconds), versus the one i made which was named menu.ogg (before multiple menu files were supported) which is 1:38 seconds, and filesize is only 1.38M. So obviously the size is a very small difference, but yields a pretty noticable quality difference. Compare the 2 and you'll see what i mean. It's like listening to a MP3 in 128kbps sample rate versus the same MP3 at 192kbps.
So if it's a small difference to gain that for the GH3, i'm very willing to redo them in HQ versions, since the users only have to download them once anyway. Since i'm working on the Pixel-Perfect/Perfect Audio GH3, i might as well, since all the other sounds i made back then are also perfect audio rip's.
I really don't mind doing it anyway, since i'm working on perfecting every area that is in FoF for the GH3 theme anyway.
0.o
.liquid.

Postby .liquid. » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:22 am

That's cool... Do your thing, you do it well!

:D
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:33 am

Thanks for the complement :)
ohai
lsapg09

Postby lsapg09 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:01 pm

I'm uploading GH: Aerosmith pack now
I'm Back!!!! :D
alex_fof

Postby alex_fof » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:19 pm

Thanks for the Aerosmith pack. It sucks that in the menu the original Dream On is used yet a new recording is used in the game.
ohai
lsapg09

Postby lsapg09 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:51 pm

If anyone wants to make custom song packs, like any random songs, they can, and I'll post them
I'm Back!!!! :D
wc99wc

Postby wc99wc » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:29 pm

XD i got all them songs you need Messege me and il upload em :)
Frets Hero Website (Find Info And More DLC's Here!)
Download coming soon (Check it out)
98% of the Internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that doesn't have one, copy and paste this into your sig.......NOW!

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”