Dævid's GH III Mod - the not quite Worldraves GH3 Mod

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
Dævid

Postby Dævid » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:28 pm

Hey Everybody!!! This is my very first attempt at a mod. It's for FoF 1.1, and is based off of Worldrave's GH3 Mod. That being said, first and foremost huge props and thanx to him. I love your mod man!!! This initially started as some minor tweaks to Worldrave's mod but took on a life of it's own when I found a killer GZ2 GH3 mod (props 2 JD2504@the GZ forums). I tried to merge the best elements of both mod's and added some of my own personal touches.

Here's some screen's

Loading Screen

Main Menu

Setlist/Game Selection

Song Selection

Difficulty Selection

Gameplay Loading

Gameplay Jurgen Power

This mod was made based off Worldrave's GH3 mod and as such probably works best with it. I believe it worked fine on a clean install one of the compilation mods with hering mod, rfmod, chilly, and raph666's GH Mod. I'm not to sure about the compatability and am releasing just the /mod folder and a standalone version that should work fine.

Dævid's GH III Mod (/mod folder only)

Dævid's GH III Mod Standalone Version

Things I did: I replaced WR's title menu with one I resized from the GZ2 mod. I also changed the font, it's called smackattack and I thought it looked cool and matched the Setlist font from GH. I added a menu background that's modded from the GH3 pause menu screen, also lifted from the GZ2 mod. Added the Loading screen from GZ2 as the keyboard.png, with the font changed to match mine. I changed the cassettes to CD's, which I prefer because of the cases. I also Added the Setlist title at the top of the screen, which I got from the GZ2 mod. I changed the background in the difficulty select screen, which I thought made the letters hard to see. The neck I grabbed and resized from the GZ2 mod, and the Main Background in gameplay is from Raph666's GH Mod, because I can't stand stillshots with frozen people. I need a good old stadium overview. I also used a converted GZ2 star power sound for jpower start.

Also, the Songs folder in the standalone version also has my CD Game/Tier Label's for GH1,2,3, and 80's including some simple difficulty tier ones I made that list the songs inside the folder on the label, because I don't alway's remember what tier a certain song was in. They are not made to match the cassette.png perfectly, but if someone wanted to take the initiatave to synch up the images and redo them with the smackattack font(the default font in the mod folder) that would be rad. Here's a screen:
Tier Labels

Credits:
Worldrave - template, sfx, graphics
Raph666 - Graphics, CD's, Keys, most SVG/DAE files
JD2504 @ GZ forums - graphics, sfx
Amplitude - Notes

Anyone I might have missed, please post and let me know!!!

Let me know what you think:

Constructive Criticism only plz, no flaming :)
Last edited by Dævid on Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Might be working on DH2
ghen

Postby ghen » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:54 pm

freaking awesome. I'm so glad you finished the job Worldrave started. He got so far and quit right at the final lap!

Congrats to Worldrave for inspiring others =D
congrats Daevid for fixing the weirdness!

Do songs still overlap the "menu" at the bottom of song selection?
Last edited by ghen on Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dævid

Postby Dævid » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:05 pm

@GHen

"Do songs still overlap the "menu" at the bottom of song selection? "

Not sure what you mean, might not be something I noticed in WorldRave's or my own mod, but I posted a new screen in my original post of the song selection screen with the actual CD and scores screen, if that helps.

If anyone notices this bug, please let me know.

Also I may be doing a small update shortly, to include possible resizing/moving the setlist logo on the cassette.png so it's not blocked when you scroll down CD's, adding horizontal lines to the stock neck, resizing the font and possibly main menu box (standalone version only). Another thing I have noticed (possibly only on the standalone version) is that no light's on the scoremeter light up for streak 1-10 notes, not til' you have a x2 streak or more. I may be looking into that.

Any other suggestions/bug notifications would be greatly appreciated!

If I ever get around to d/ling 1.2 again (It's got hering mod now right?) I will try to port it over but I'm not exactly sure what that entails as I only used it like 3 times ever.

It would also be cool if I could port it for Ultimate FoF, but that may be biting off a bit more than I can chew:)
Might be working on DH2
poison

Postby poison » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:09 pm

it just looks like you edited worldrave's...?
blah blah blah...
Songs Made: 3
Latest:
Good Charolette - Keep Your Hands off my Girl
[email protected]

Postby [email protected] » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:24 pm

@ poison , i beleive he said he did base this off of world raves mod but non the less there are alot of noticable differences.@ daevid good work man this mod will be much appreciated by alot of people.
life is what you make it so make it a damn good one

All My Songs and Mods Here
poison

Postby poison » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:47 pm

i'm sorry but this isn't really a mod.. just an edit of worldrave's. but i do like the covers he used.
blah blah blah...

Latest:

Dævid

Postby Dævid » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:53 pm

poison wrote:it just looks like you edited worldrave's...?

Yes, it's based off of WorldRave's GH3 Mod, but I also found a similar mod for a different game, Guitar Zero 2/GuitarStar. Many of the images were similar, with different ratios and other slight differences. I only edited/modified/compiled existing images/sfx/files from those and other mods, to get a mod that I liked the best for myself. All in all I would say it's comprised of elements of 4 or 5 mods, not including the hering or rf mod. But yes it's definately mostly WorldRaves GH3 Mod, because I felt that was the best.
Might be working on DH2
poison

Postby poison » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:57 pm

Dævid wrote:
poison wrote:it just looks like you edited worldrave's...?
it's definately mostly WorldRaves GH3 Mod

thanks, that's mostly how i felt about it.
blah blah blah...

Latest:

ghen

Postby ghen » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:31 pm

Ahh I get it! When I used Worldraves' I had the song select screen in list mode.. the list would go off the end of the screen at the bottom. But if you're using CDs it won't matter so nevermind =)
ozzystrikes

Postby ozzystrikes » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:59 pm

This is exelent men
ateshu

Postby ateshu » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:31 am

This mod is adds the perfect touch to Worldrave's GH3 mod. :)

You did a really awesome job man.
Big_Bob

Postby Big_Bob » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:16 pm

Good work Dude!
gokufan1101

Postby gokufan1101 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:14 pm

Dude your a god thank you so much for finishing this
gokufan1101

Postby gokufan1101 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:28 pm

You did the impossible and made it possible I love it oh and thanks for adding the speed adjustments to it now I can set the speed of the board.
emp3ror

Postby emp3ror » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:32 pm

well done, gratz :)

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”