Lyrics mod - Feature to display lyrics (for 324&451)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 13 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
zelurker

Postby zelurker » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:39 pm

About a linux version : well, use the source, Luke ! ;-)

The source is included in the lyrics package, so you should just use the source package of fof and replace the relevant files in it. Debian have just released their package of fof which uses directly the python sources, so it's easy to add the lyrics mod here (just did that with my amd64 !).

By the way, if someone knows where to find the lyrics for "One" (U2), it would be excellent, I can't seem to be able to find this one...

Congratulations to the author of this mod too, great work, really something which should be included in fof (maybe with an option to disable it in this case).
YMS

Postby YMS » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:43 am

zelurker wrote:About a linux version : well, use the source, Luke ! ;-)

The source is included in the lyrics package, so you should just use the source package of fof and replace the relevant files in it. Debian have just released their package of fof which uses directly the python sources, so it's easy to add the lyrics mod here (just did that with my amd64 !).

By the way, if someone knows where to find the lyrics for "One" (U2), it would be excellent, I can't seem to be able to find this one...

Congratulations to the author of this mod too, great work, really something which should be included in fof (maybe with an option to disable it in this case).

Thank you for the flowers.

Feel free to to distribute the linux binaries, if others don't want to compile theirselves.

To your U2-question: Except for ReDramt, who made two Helloween-songs with lyrics, nobody else but me has done lyrics so far. So the only scripts files you'll find are those already included in v1.0 of the lyrics mod (and the one in my song "Regen") - and so there's no U2 yet. If you were only asked for the lyrics in general (which I doubt), Google will be your friend. If you asked for FOF-lyrics-files, you'll probably have to be your own friend, I'm afraid (and then you could publish the file, what I would appreciate ;)).
TedNigma

Postby TedNigma » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:51 pm

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for.
My specs are to manly to reveal.
TedNigma

Postby TedNigma » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:02 pm

Flawless installation on a clean install. Can this take a 'stage' or 'cd' mod? I am building my first modded Fof, and I'd hate to screw it up... again.... LOL!
My specs are to manly to reveal.
TusSk

Postby TusSk » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:39 pm

Thx you but the link is dead...can u repost it plz? and , one question , does it works with rf-modbeta4 ? thx ;)
Leather Rebel!
Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:54 am

Of course not, this was released waaay before RF 4 and since it made a whole lot of library changes, it will not work. Actually, most if not all mods that involve library changes don't work properly, or don't work at all.
YMS

Postby YMS » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:03 am

Maybe Alex will put the lyrics functionality into his RF-Mod 4 (to which my mod right now is not compatible, I presume, though I haven't looked at its beta version yet at all). If that's not the case after a full version is released, I will port it.
Playin' bongos mofo!
gebbss

Postby gebbss » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:25 am

I modded my tutorial a long time ago to say some different things. I couldn't get the script.txt to work outside the tutorial, though.
YMS

Postby YMS » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:38 am

gebbss wrote:I modded my tutorial a long time ago to say some different things. I couldn't get the script.txt to work outside the tutorial, though.

It's just what lyrics mod does: Enabling the script.txt support (subtitles, in fact also pictures) for songs other than the tutorial.
Dark_illius

Postby Dark_illius » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:33 pm

"file not found" you can upload this on megaupload or reupload the link??
YMS

Postby YMS » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:44 pm

Don't use the link in the first post of this topic, I just can't edit it. Recent version is 1.0, so search for this one (best look in my signature), or use raph666's GH-mod, or wait for one of the next versions of RF-Mod 4, which probably will include lyrics mod, too.
TusSk

Postby TusSk » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:16 pm

YMS wrote:Maybe Alex will put the lyrics functionality into his RF-Mod 4 (to which my mod right now is not compatible, I presume, though I haven't looked at its beta version yet at all). If that's not the case after a full version is released, I will port it.

Ok, thx for ur answer , and thx for your future work with rf-mod4 ;)
YMS

Postby YMS » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:31 am

Okay, since the lyrics feature now is part of RF-mod 4.10, I hence recommend to use that one instead of sole lyrics mod.

Rogue_F right now also delivers all available lyrics with it (mine from lyrics mod 1.0 + some from v4vendetta + previously unreleased "Iron Man"), so there's only the (hardly used ;)) us2fof-converter for "Ultrastar" lyrics files left (or the usability with a plain 1.2.451 version, which has but no advantages over new RF-mod).
Rogue_F

Postby Rogue_F » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:04 pm

There is one slight difference.

In addition to putting the script.txt in the song directory.
You also need to add to the song's song.ini

lyrics = True

-Alex
Eze_2k

Postby Eze_2k » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:55 pm

where i can get more lyrics?
i.e message in a botle or take me out
Pardon my crappy english
Songs:
Megaman 3 - Snake man
Megaman 3 - Boss

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”