Alarian V2.0 mod hotfixes - Updates while Alarian is away!

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:27 am

Code: Select all

(W) Config key game.tapping not defined while reading.
(W) Config key game.hopo_mark not defined while reading.
(E) exceptions.ValueError: invalid literal for int(): None
(N) invalid literal for int(): None

Thank you for the logfile posting, I don't care that it was long - it showed me what I needed to see for some clues. I know where to look for a potential fix for this now.

edit: as a potential quickfix for this issue, try adding the following two lines to your fretsonfire.ini file:

under [game], add:
hopo_mark = 1
tapping = 0

and tell me if that solves the problem. If so, I know how to hotfix.
Last edited by myfingershurt on Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
keymasher

Postby keymasher » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:58 am

myfingershurt wrote:

Code: Select all

(W) Config key game.tapping not defined while reading.
(W) Config key game.hopo_mark not defined while reading.
(E) exceptions.ValueError: invalid literal for int(): None
(N) invalid literal for int(): None

Thank you for the logfile posting, I don't care that it was long - it showed me what I needed to see for some clues. I know where to look for a potential fix for this now.

edit: as a potential quickfix for this issue, try adding the following two lines to your fretsonfire.ini file:

under [game], add:
hopo_mark = 1
tapping = 0

and tell me if that solves the problem. If so, I know how to hotfix.

wow thanks it worked :laugh:
your my hero :D
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:03 am

...then hotfix 10 will ensure this does not happen anymore, without manual fretsonfire.ini changes. Thanks for testing that.
keymasher

Postby keymasher » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:32 am

welcome, i guess finding bugs is the only way we can help :p
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:18 am

indeed, and finding bugs does help a great deal - us coders here have a whole team of dedicated beta testers on this message board... you guys flush out the bugs way faster than a couple coders during the brief periods of free time we have available to work on this stuff :)

BTW - hotfix #10 is up.
aduro

Postby aduro » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:28 am

does version 10 include the 9.5 changes?
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:10 am

aduro wrote:does version 10 include the 9.5 changes?

yep. It's all in the first post.

edit: hotfix #11 up. And with that, agoodnite!
Last edited by myfingershurt on Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:44 am

lnkk wrote:
Kotti wrote:
Hey, if you've ever used RF-Mod's HOPO system... you've been "cheating" too. This is a feature from that system.

I've never noticed anything like that. RF-mod 3.5, 4.xx or both? Maybe I misunderstood what it does, could give me an example?

its a bug since the first rf mod hopo... i think he mean hold RED and tap Green.

I tried this and now I'm shocked. "The cake is a lie" -shocked. How is it even possible I didn't know? I've used RF 3.5 for ages now...
snowspire

Postby snowspire » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:23 am

I think i have a problem with the song loading pic...
When i select a song the loading pic just flashes and then its black untill the song starts..
Did i make any sense? :p
Last edited by snowspire on Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image At last!!! My RB instruments are here!!!
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:49 am

Yes, that's what the song loading pic does right now. Before, the game wasn't even trying to display the "loading" screen while preparing a song - it waited until everything was just about finished and then tried to put up the loading screen right before the song started.

Now it shows up where its supposed to, but some other song preparation code is blanking the screen again long before the song starts. If I can find the problem, I want to make the "loading" screen show for the entire time a song is being prepared.

edit: Kotti -- I know the feeling. I had no idea I was taking advantage of that higher-fret-lower-HOPO sloppiness either until I ran some very specific tests in slow test song patterns (~40bpm) and could see exactly what was going on.

However, it's nice to know that, should I feel like training my fingers to not be so lazy when tapping down the frets, I can just set the HOPO system to GH2 Strict and practice for console shredding...
Last edited by myfingershurt on Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gordon8452

Postby Gordon8452 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:56 am

Any chance that we can get it so that the stars are accurate instead of the worst you can get being 3 stars? this seems like it would be an easy thing.
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:57 am

The only problem is you have to keep the guitar track COMPLETELY off to get optimal overdrive/star power. It's not fun, and it ruins the song.

change the miss volume then to 80-100%! And you wont hear a thing!

I tried this and now I'm shocked. "The cake is a lie" -shocked. How is it even possible I didn't know? I've used RF 3.5 for ages now...

Haha... I played many months without knowing it... I've known two months now... and now I'm used to it...

--------------------------------------------------------------

And myfingers... I still can't tap the lower notes... x( There must be something weird going on in my fof... :(
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:07 pm

Puppetz, last night I was trying to figure out any possible scenario that would cause your lower-note tappage issues as I played... I couldn't find anything. Kept poking around the code, deleting my ini file, and trying to reproduce your problem but all of my HOPO system settings work as intended here on my laptop. That is a strange problem.

Perhaps a clue was left in your %appdata%\fretsonfire\fretsonfire.log file? Play a song where you have issues tapping down the frets, and then when it's finished quit game and post that logfile here... it doesn't always give the answer but can be very helpful if it contains some notifications about tapping issues....
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:12 pm

Well I would really need that "lower tapping thing". So it means (in the pic), that I can hold down the RED note all the time, and then just tap yellow, green, yellow, green etc. Comes in handy in very fast solos...
Well "fingers", can you upload your fof compilation? So I can test it...?
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:20 pm

Hmm... I just noticed you're playing in lefty mode, Puppetz. I wonder if that has anything to do with the issue. Not that it should, in GH2 sloppy mode, but it might be a clue.

Sure, I'll zip up my FoF folder and share it - gonna take a bit to upload but I'll put a link here and in the first post once it's up.

edit: mediafire upload eta: 53 minutes
Last edited by myfingershurt on Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”