COBHATECREW419
Super_Crazy_Dude

Postby Super_Crazy_Dude » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:45 pm

thanks dude ur awesome
CHILDREN OF BODOM!!!!!!! OWNS!!!!!!
Huzzah!
R4L

Postby R4L » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:23 pm

Awesome mod raph, but the lyrics mod isn't working.

Sig disabled. ~nwru
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:42 pm

Okay, sorry for the hopo problem, I don't know how to fix it, I just spent a couple of hours to figure out what's the problem but I wasn't able to find it... I think that for some reasons, the game ignores the pick if it's really close to the previous, again I'm sorry but I don't know how to get it to work. The source is included in the archive so if someone wants to take a look at it. The only way I've seen yet to be able to "restart" to play in the middle of an hopo chain, and I know it sucks, is, since it ignores the first pick, to double-pick real fast and continue your finger movement, it won't give you points on the first hopo but you should be able to continue in the chain

By the way, I fixed the library.zip so now you can upload your "100% accuracy" results and see it in the highscore with green stars. I never thought about it before I did 100% on Radium Eyes yesterday (on Divra's chart: raph - amazing). (all thanks to the rf-mod code)

So if you already downloaded the mod, you can get the fixed library here:
Fixed-Library-GHmod.rar

If you haven't downloaded the mod yet, you don't need this because I updated the link in the first post, but if you haven't downloaded the mod yet, you should not get this. I just want to make this clear because I received messages from people who weren't even able to find the download link, it's in the bottom of the first post

I'd prefer not to do support for the lyrics mod but anyway...It works on my computer, are you sure you did everything that is in the readme that is provided in the lyrics folder? To make it work, you first have to toggle it "on" in the game settings, and also you have to copy the lyrics .txt in their respective songs folders. and than rename them to script.txt
Last edited by raph666 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meadow

Postby meadow » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:39 pm

Okay, but I guess it's the game and not the mod :) Oh and great about the 6 star. Even though I rarely get any :( Time to play Easy songs :D
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:58 pm

let's hope Rogue_F will have put his hopo's system in his rf-mod 4...mine (well, 1.2.451's) suck, even if i think I got it working better than the original 1.2.451 system...but there are many songs not working as good as with the rf-mod 3.5, I think the problem comes from songs where there are huge differences in the (variable) bpm...when the rf-mod 4 will be released, I'll remake this mod
Last edited by raph666 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lnkk

Postby lnkk » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:19 pm

i dont think he will finish rf mod 4, i think he will w8 for a new version.
But since we cant play the new version properly, can u think about do this mod for rf mod 3.5?
claymen3

Postby claymen3 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:36 pm

lnkk wrote:i dont think he will finish rf mod 4, i think he will w8 for a new version.
But since we cant play the new version properly, can u think about do this mod for rf mod 3.5?

yea i rather have this for rf mod 3.5
Finished Mods: Guns N' Roses
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:12 pm

lnkk wrote:i dont think he will finish rf mod 4, i think he will w8 for a new version.

Did you read a post from Alex telling he won't finish rf-mod 4?
And wait for what new version? Is there any new version coming up? didn't know about that

but anyway, I won't go back and won't make it for previous version, I'm not playing with it anymore, even if you think you can't play properly with 1.2.451, I actually improved my scores with my mod so well, no downgrade

I understand your point of view, but the main reason why I made this mod was to get other people to play with version 1.2.451 so we could get new mods for it. I can't stop you from taking parts of it but I won't participate, I'm spending much more time modding than playing, I'll play for a while now
Last edited by raph666 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:26 pm

This mod is incredible. I love my RF3.5 though. So an upgrade is a no go for me.

I'm snaggin' those keys, though. :D
~Jake2k3

EDIT: Ahhh, they don't work :(
Last edited by jake2k3 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
Shredder
Scutch-Nukem

Postby Scutch-Nukem » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:31 pm

I will not use this until the release of RF 4.0. Until then I bid you... adeu!!
If you can read this then you've gone too far.
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:36 pm

yeah, make sure you don't try it Scuth, this way you won't have your opinion. What's the point of posting in the thread if it's to tell me you're not using it.

I specified it's for 1.2.451, wrote the list of changes and never beg anyone to upgrade to it. I should have done like dgrams2000 and write "Anti 1.2.451 players need not apply" under the title
Last edited by raph666 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magyk

Postby Magyk » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:08 pm

How do you get the White Inner circle of the notes? (See screenies)

Like, which line do you change in the ini?
Shredder
Scutch-Nukem

Postby Scutch-Nukem » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:12 pm

raph666 wrote:yeah, make sure you don't try it Scuth, this way you won't have your opinion. What's the point of posting in the thread if it's to tell me you're not using it.

I specified it's for 1.2.451, wrote the list of changes and never beg anyone to upgrade to it. I should have done like dgrams2000 and write "Anti 1.2.451 players need not apply" under the title

Nemmer mind, I couldn't resist (weird) I dled this and the new version and lemme tell you somethin...

******* AWESOME. My only gripe is the damn HOPO did you try to use your own code for that or something? It feels weird.
If you can read this then you've gone too far.
lnkk

Postby lnkk » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:19 pm

Busy travelling and wokring. I have not had time. Everything but HOPO and a few small things have been ported. HOPO will require a lot of effort. Also, all the crashes that 1.2.X has are also present in the source code version, but it's fundemental library errors. Very difficult to track down, I am not sure I can fix them. It makes me not to want to play 1.2.X

-Alex

And sorry if i said something rude, dunno, its really great what u did with new fof, and IF we can improve hopo of the new version, i'll probably use it. Sorry and thanks again!

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”