GH mod for 1.2.451

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
YMS

Postby YMS » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:50 am

Germnan difficulty names would be (Easy/Medium/Hard/Expert) "Leicht", "Mittel", "Schwer", "Profi".

And for the font, I'll look at it. But on the other hand, if the whole thing is going to be work for you - it isn't that important, and if one bothers about those problem, it's still a possibility simply to use English version, which should be not much of a problem for very most people, since FoF isn't quite a text-based game ;)
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:49 am

it was just to understand how to edit this stuff (converting .mo to .po, edit the original strings, update the translations) heh, now it will be easy to do. maybe you could try this: translations.rar

the archive currently contains only the german.mo but I will update the file as I translate new ones...but before, could you try it to see if I messed with something else? I think it's working though

didn't think about it but maybe you can rename it to GH-german...so you could keep the original translation too
Last edited by raph666 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
mentis

Postby mentis » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:12 pm

I thought I should mention that since I grabbed the new library.zip (classic) that you put together, another stability issue has been resolved. Used to be that after picking difficulty, the game would hang at the loading screen for a very long time, sometimes five minutes or more. Now, it loads nice and fast! No more hanging. I don't know what you did, but it sure worked, so thank you very much for making the game more playable, even if you didn't intend to :D.
-+[Blog]+- -+[Minitokyo]+- -+[MySpace]+-
YMS

Postby YMS » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:49 am

raph666 wrote:it was just to understand how to edit this stuff (converting .mo to .po, edit the original strings, update the translations) heh, now it will be easy to do. maybe you could try this: translations.rar

the archive currently contains only the german.mo but I will update the file as I translate new ones...but before, could you try it to see if I messed with something else? I think it's working though

didn't think about it but maybe you can rename it to GH-german...so you could keep the original translation too

Indeed you have a typo in "Mittel", where you wrote "Mittle". Rest is fine, thanks.
dcdude85

Postby dcdude85 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:58 am

how do u back up somthing? sorry im a noob
hedis

Postby hedis » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:01 pm

copy it to somewhere else for example
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:12 pm

YMS wrote:
raph666 wrote:it was just to understand how to edit this stuff (converting .mo to .po, edit the original strings, update the translations) heh, now it will be easy to do. maybe you could try this: translations.rar

Indeed you have a typo in "Mittel", where you wrote "Mittle". Rest is fine, thanks.

Moueheh, okay sorry for this...too used to english...
it's fixed now
mentis

Postby mentis » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:11 pm

mentis wrote:I thought I should mention that since I grabbed the new library.zip (classic) that you put together, another stability issue has been resolved. Used to be that after picking difficulty, the game would hang at the loading screen for a very long time, sometimes five minutes or more. Now, it loads nice and fast! No more hanging. I don't know what you did, but it sure worked, so thank you very much for making the game more playable, even if you didn't intend to :D.

Well, nevermind. I thought it was fixed. Two playing sessions and it consistently worked like a charm. Today though, it was back to its old antics. That's too bad. Sorry for getting people's hopes up :(.
swantonbomb88

Postby swantonbomb88 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:20 pm

ok, i need some help. i don't get what it means by backup your library, can anyone help?
"Guns dont kill people, Chuck Norris does"
"If you don't like Big Red than f*ck you"
"IM A TURTLE BAT!"
Youtube Page
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:34 pm

What is complicated in backup your library.zip?
Don't you understand what backup means? I mean, just copy it elsewhere or rename it or whatever, it's just to avoid having to download the game again if you hate MY library.zip.

It's not that hard! backup! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backup
dcdude85

Postby dcdude85 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:16 pm

i did it but it didn't work
dgrams2000

Postby dgrams2000 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:09 pm

Oh my.

Lets dumb this down a bit.
1) Find your folder where you installed FOF to.
2) Right click on it, and choose copy.
3) Go somewhere else on your hard drive (C drive maybe)
and right click on the drive, and hit PASTE.

There.
YOu have a backup.... of everything.

If you are able to do that, I dont know why you dont know how to do the same thing with your libary.zip file that is located WITHIN your FOF folder.
mentis

Postby mentis » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:15 pm

Sigh. I still like to defer such inquiries to this...

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
v4vendetta

Postby v4vendetta » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:38 am

where does the lyrics folder go? I never got the original lyrics mod.
hedis

Postby hedis » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:35 am

you put the individual .txt files in the folder for that song and rename it script.txt

For example: killerqueen.txt you put in your killerqueen folder and rename it to script.txt

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”