Note and keys - new geometry

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 11 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
FozZ

Postby FozZ » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:02 am

You have to make sure you export using polygons and also name the pieces as Mesh (capital M is important!) and the others as Mesh.001, Mesh.002 and so on. Depending on which is named which, the shading used changes, so that's something you need to play with.
My Portfolio Website - http://www.monophobia.co.uk
Jadael

Postby Jadael » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:42 am

What settings did you use in the export dialog? I have only one piece, it's an editable poly, it's named "Mesh", and the game still freezes as soon as it appears onscreen.
FozZ

Postby FozZ » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:29 am

you say its an editable mesh so im assuming that you're using 3ds max (simply cause thats the terminology used in max). I always export as .3ds, import into blender, and then export as a .dae as the max exporter exports as tris instead of polys

if you have any problems then PM me your msn and we can chat about it or ill convert it for you if you send the model
Last edited by FozZ on Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jadael

Postby Jadael » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:41 pm

Ah, see, there's a checkbox named "Convert poly to triangles", which I tried leaving unchecked, but that didn't seem to help.

I have Blender, but it's so different from Max it's hard to figure out how to use it just by poking around.

Import->Export shouldn't be too hard to figure out though. I'll try that...
Megaqwerty

Postby Megaqwerty » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:06 am

Hey, good work on the notes and keys, FozZ. Like I said in another topic, switching to these (notes from v2, and keys from v1) has drastically increased my performance. Thanks.
Do it for the state; don't procreate.
Futanari: all the penetration, none of the men.
rubixcube

Postby rubixcube » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:40 am

what program do you use to do this with? im really good with grafix editing and 3d modeling. may I help you.
Last edited by rubixcube on Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
sPoNgEbOb frets on fire here -- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2BM45B4T

created by: rubixcube (me) :D

please pm me if the ULR will not work so i can upload it again for you
mmsven

Postby mmsven » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:09 am

can you give us an idea of when you will be finished your graphics pack?
Adrenalynn

Postby Adrenalynn » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:15 am

Heya, FozZ:

If I may be so bold...

Anyone that doesn't switch to your first keys/second notes doesn't care about their performance... ;)

In all seriousness, I switched and immediately nailed three solos that I'd been struggling with from the first day. I had five star performances in three pieces that were 3 star before. At the very least, I instantly added between 15,000 and 30,000 to the piece's score.

AWESOME work on that mod. It's amazing how much the visibility made a difference!

Woot!
FozZ

Postby FozZ » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:28 am

Thanks for the comments Adrenalynn.

mmsven - unfortunately I can't tell you if/when this might be completed. My university work has more than overtaken this and for obvious reasons is a lot more important. Until I can get someone who knows their way around the code for this I'm afraid mod work is going to have to finish. If nothing happens anytime soon i'll realease that neck file that people were after along with any other bits I might have done.

DarkKnight

Postby DarkKnight » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:03 pm

FozZ wrote:Thanks for the comments Adrenalynn.

mmsven - unfortunately I can't tell you if/when this might be completed. My university work has more than overtaken this and for obvious reasons is a lot more important. Until I can get someone who knows their way around the code for this I'm afraid mod work is going to have to finish. If nothing happens anytime soon i'll realease that neck file that people were after along with any other bits I might have done.

FozZ, I agree 100% with Adrenalynn. My scores improved drastically when I started using your notes and keys. :p

Also, as I know you're getting tired of hearing this (but you should take it as a huge compliment) please post your neck.svg soon. It looks very cool!
yatusabes21

Postby yatusabes21 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:34 pm

Hi, I have a problem with your notes mod. The keys work fine, but the notes face sideways away from me. I attactched an image to show what i mean. If there is another mod I need to correct it or if there is some kind of fix for it then please tell me.
Konador

Postby Konador » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:15 pm

This mod is to fix the notes in the new version of Frets on Fire where the notes are all rotated differently. If you use this mod on the old one, the extra rotation in the mod will cause your notes to look wrong. You need the old version of these notes if you're not using the new FoF
Songs Completed:
- Dark Side of the Moon (Full) - Livin' on a Prayer - Life and Death
Mods Completed:
- Pink Floyd Mod - Spanish Castle Magic with VOCALS!
Playing Statistics:
whatakevin

Postby whatakevin » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:19 pm

Konador wrote:This mod is to fix the notes in the new version of Frets on Fire where the notes are all rotated differently. If you use this mod on the old one, the extra rotation in the mod will cause your notes to look wrong. You need the old version of these notes if you're not using the new FoF

you type confusing, in other words, this mod was for old FoF. they no longer work without some 3d editing. somone fixed it, its one of the latest topics, chek it out
Shredder
Scutch-Nukem

Postby Scutch-Nukem » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:23 pm

yatusabes21 wrote:Hi, I have a problem with your notes mod. The keys work fine, but the notes face sideways away from me. I attactched an image to show what i mean. If there is another mod I need to correct it or if there is some kind of fix for it then please tell me.

that looks kinda cool
If you can read this then you've gone too far.
HousecallDoc

Postby HousecallDoc » Sat May 05, 2007 11:52 pm

It looks cool, but it stops being cool once you realize you can't determine HOPO notes. I have the exact same problem.
Last edited by HousecallDoc on Sat May 05, 2007 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”