Model Trouble

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 17 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:35 am

Hi, everyone. I´m making a mod, and i am able to make my own graphics and such with Inkscape, but I can´t edit models... I am suposed to use Blender and Collada, but when I go (in Blender) to File-Import-Collada 1.4, it says some stupid sh*t about paths or something... What should I do???
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:48 am

what does it say about paths then, how are we supposed to help you if you dont actually tell us what the error message is. Rather than " some stupid **** about paths or something" .
Lucky for you i actually tried blender once and i got the exact same message.
What it actually told you to do was go into the colada plugin and set the paths manually. which is ok if you can speak python , ( it was a python base plugin) .
My suggestion, dump blender get 3ds max 9 instead!
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
FozZ

Postby FozZ » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:19 am

Use the earlier Collada plugin if you're using Blender. I had that oh-so-well described problem as well and found that the 1.3 (i think) plugin worked fine
My Portfolio Website - http://www.monophobia.co.uk
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:45 am

Sorry... :( it´s only that I don´t have internet, and I couldn´t remember the message...

Thanks anyway... I have 3DSMax and didn´t knew it had collada importer... I´l look into it :p
Seafoo

Postby Seafoo » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:58 am

I said this in the other thread, but I'll say it again because I'm cool like that. For -most- of the Blender plugs ins to work, you will need to have Python 2.4 installed. Here is the direct link to the download. After you install it you should notice that the next time you open Blender the console should say something along the lines of "Searching for Python.... Found." Then the collada 1.4 exporter and importer should work fine. Blender really is a great program once you get used to it.
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:20 am

Ok, I downloaded the plugin for 3d Studio Max 8 and it worked!!! About Blender, I can´t work with it, I read a few tutorials and such, but I just don´t get it... BTW, I had Pithon 2.5 installed...

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”