Patterns for SVG's not working?

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 17 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Spongebob

Postby Spongebob » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:38 pm

Did I miss to read something or is pattern support in the SVG's disabled? When I try to use a pattern the SVG isn't drawn at all.
FozZ

Postby FozZ » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:31 pm

Think I might be having similar probs Spongebob.

At first my images werent working as I had imported a jpeg made in photoshop. To get the image to show I selected the picture (in Inkscape), clicked Path -> Trace Bitmap and then played with the settings until I got a reasonable result.

My current problem is that I get gaps where the image repeats. changing the size of the pic doesnt seem to solve this, it just cuts some of the pic away and still fills the same space.

I positioned my image over the original neck file and so this should be the correct size.

Im not a vector user really so if what im on about is completely different then apologies for putting this in your thread

FozZ
My Portfolio Website - http://www.monophobia.co.uk
SniperFox

Postby SniperFox » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:52 pm

I had same problems. Right now the game doesnt support jpegs. You'll need to save it as a .bmp. Import it then do the Shift+Alt+B for image trace. As for the images having gaps in them, I had that problem too. Here is what I set my axis and length and width at.
x
y
w
l

Dont forget to move the vectored image and delete the orignal .bmp that is underneath it.

That's what I set everything at in my Neck Skin release. Let me know if it helps.

RYO & SNIPERFOX
www.sodabreak.com
Last edited by SniperFox on Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FozZ

Postby FozZ » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:54 pm

Got my image to line up by messing with the size and position in Inkscape, and then realised that id made a mistake in photoshop. So I corrected that, put the new image into Inkscape, converted it to a vector, sized it over the image I already knew had worked, and saved it out.

....and now it doesn't work! :p

Nothing shows up, so i'm not at the stage Spongebob is, yet I know ive had it working once. Such a pain in the arse.

FozZ

FozZ

Postby FozZ » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:01 pm

Just tried the values you suggested SniperFox and yes the image appeared, however the tiling was completely off and just used a portion of the image, because your values stretched my image a lot. Even though my original size and position sits within the area you mentioned, its decided not to show. very very strange

FozZ

SniperFox

Postby SniperFox » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:08 pm

This may sound weird but when I was stretching the image, left and right on the x axis, that when you stretch it left, you are actually stretching the right side that is displayed in the game. So like if you start up FoF and you notice that the right side of the neck image needs to be stretched a little more, you have to stretch the left side of the image in Inkscape. I dont know if that makes any sense.
Spongebob

Postby Spongebob » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:25 pm

Seems to me like you're all suggesting that I make the image into a vector object.
Once I made it into a vector object (trace bitmap) it worked, but the vector object is complex and quite blurry compared to theimage.
FozZ

Postby FozZ » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:29 pm

Unfortunately the only option atm is to find a balance between the complexity of the vector image and how well it runs, until the program can support other image formats, which hopefully wont be too far away.

FozZ

Spongebob

Postby Spongebob » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:47 am

But SVG's are supposedly supported and SVG supports internal images in the SVG.
Too Late For Roses

Postby Too Late For Roses » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:30 am

Topic moved

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”