Party MOD

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 1 year and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Maxy

Postby Maxy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:22 am

Ok. Here's the deal. I tried to find if anyone has talked about this kind of a mod here before..couldn't find it. And I know it's stupid to come here and **** others to do me a mod.. But what can you do, when you have an idea and no skills to do it ???

Anyways. I suppose someone else has also noticed that FOF is an excellent party game.. The only problem is the length of the songs.

I'm thinking of this party mod where you can cut songs to half, battle hotseat with your friends - say you pick 4 songs and go through those in short versions. The one with the most points wins a song and so on.. You get the point?

Idea is to have as much fun as you can without waiting for 20 mins for your turn to come. You'll probably be all wasted by then for drinking too much waiting for your turn..
HeruLuingul

Postby HeruLuingul » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:32 am

My roommate has made comments like "Dude, your songs are like 5x longer than the ones on Stepmania" when giving reasons he won't play FoF/GH. I guess the learning curve and slightly larger time block scares a lot of people off. If it were to be a real party game like DDR or console party games (MarioParty, Fuzion Frenzy, Pokemon Stadium) then each song could only last like 1-3 minutes. After that, people get impatient.

I think cutting songs in half with some code is the wrong way to go. If they were all cut in half by the game, and not people, it would probably chop off lots of solos and stuff. For something like this to work, it would have to be a "Party Song Pack". WE make it, and it would just be all the best songs modified so it fades in a good portion thru the song, you get the awesome solos, then it fades out after another verse or two.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:58 pm

that shouldnt be too hard to do actually HeruLuingul. as you said just custom songs modified to be shorter.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
el nini

Postby el nini » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:06 pm

Aye. And there are some shorter songs out there anyway. And if there aren't enough, they're the quickest to make :D
Its just like life. Quite interesting in parts, but no substitute for the real thing.
Rocker28

Postby Rocker28 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:53 pm

yeah know what you mean pretty dull watching someone else play sweet child while u just sit there.

You should make it so that the files are all seperate and then u can mix the parts of ur favorite songs together into one. Theres already programs out there to combine .ogg and midis right.
Vishnu123

Re: Party MOD

Postby Vishnu123 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:31 am

Does anyone know if anyone is working on something like this? Or have any ideas on how to do it? (I'm a total noob at this)

I think this is a really good idea. I would love to see this.GB Whatsapp

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”