what's with the fretters?

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
koneko

what's with the fretters?

Postby koneko » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:09 pm

i started playing this game about 2 or 3 month now but i have very very little songs with all the difficulties i would love to have, albums too, even carreer pack but gess what? all in extreme or amazing, so what's with the fretters? they seems to forget that not all the players have amazing coordination, amazing job i wouldn't discuss that thanks for the job and the effort but please! there's more difficulties aside amazing or extreme im not telling that i can't find songs with all the difficulties , just that not as much as i liked so won't somebody please think of the children!! :2thumbsup:
Last edited by koneko on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
The last forum user
Maupy2

Re: what's with the fretters?

Postby Maupy2 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:24 pm

no!!! i won't think of the children!!! i hate children!!!!

Okay anyway. Yeah you're totally right about there being a lot of Expert-only songs. However, it's not that fretters forget about other players. It's just that... making other difficulties is a lot of work, and it's not fun. When I started out fretting songs, I intended to make all my songs all-difficulty, but I soon abandoned that plan. As someone who plays only expert, there's just little reason to make other difficulties. I'm sure the other fretters feel the same way.

Anyway, I don't know if our music tastes match up, but if you see some songs in my song thread that you want to get on all difficulties, just tell me. I'll get working on it. (But don't ask too many songs, of course. :p I'm willing to do a couple of songs, not all of them)
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
koneko

Postby koneko » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:20 am

hey! thanks! so that no easy or medium songs are kicking my butt srlsy my taste are more symphonic metal idol metal (LOL) lets say nightwish epica craddle of filth xandria etc

well now you mention it, i would like to ask just 3 songs hopefully it's not much

age age money - ladybaby
save my life - xandria
the essence of silence - epica

thanks!

btw it doesn't have to have (?) all the difficulties easy and medium are ok, im making my jump to medium and oh boy, they are kicking me in the butt tho but im there xD thanks again!
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:14 pm

Sorry, there's a misunderstanding. If you see some songs in my song thread (link in signature) I can make them on more difficulties for you, but I won't make entirely new songs for you, sorry.
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:05 am

Your only hopes are GH and RB rips. Other than that, it's like Maupy said, it takes a lot of time to make on song and it will take too much time to do all difficulties for one song.

If only FoF have Dynamic Difficulty like Rocksmith do.
!!!
docer

Postby docer » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:45 pm

I have all gh and rb song but saddly in my old HHD in my no funtional PC but if I can fix it I'll upload it all even my old themes by now I'm working in a Warriors of Rock Theme for GH3

My youtube Channel

contact me
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:46 am

As one of the older charters here, I've never really gone outside of hard for my own material. I dont have much need especially when the community is primarily expert players.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Capsizing Convention
tn44

Postby tn44 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:58 pm

If I ever get around to even charting again, I have intentions to make all difficulties available for my songs. There are SOME charters who do this, just a minority due to the extra time it takes, and most people will never play the lower difficulties.
KingKazma4Cereal

Postby KingKazma4Cereal » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:40 pm

I've been making more charts and have been getting a lot better at it, but yeah. To chart all instruments in the song and all difficulties does take a lot of time and work. I wish I had more of my charts done too.
Back for More
furiouss

Postby furiouss » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:54 pm

i think we all started off like that. its not the amount of time i think it comes down to how much of a hassle it is. one instrument is one thing but get a song with 3 or more instruments and it can start to take its toll.

however i think its also a necessity due to he fact most people request reductions more then new songs nowadays(50/50) honestly
so i find it easier to just do the reductions instead of a bunch of people begging me for the reductions
everyone one wins. even if its only 1 person
Prog on the rocks
narutostarwars123456

Postby narutostarwars123456 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:44 am

Building off of what some have said (Maupy2 and Amak), in the olden days of FoF most of us were Expert players at GH/RB already and thus would only construct songs in that difficulty. Some of us just want to play the actual song.

I still won't do lesser difficulties because it takes too much time to add them. Besides, it's easier to try and imitate what's actually being played, than trying to figure what's the best way to simplify it.
J-Rock Band Charter
GhostByob

Postby GhostByob » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:09 am

You can check the project J-Rock Band, all songs are done with all difficulties (properly worked without CAT) + all instruments :)

https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59335

Addicted to memes
MetalMuxxer

Postby MetalMuxxer » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:51 pm

Kinda old thread, but it's still on the front page so.

Most people fret in Expert because it gives you the biggest freedom to fret, and in Expert frets can be more accurate (since Expert always uses HO/POs and 5 notes), I mean, you can't fret Dream Theater in Easy because you'll can only use 3 notes, HOW THE **** DO YOU FRET DREAM THEATER WITH 3 **** NOTES?
J-Rock Band Charter
GhostByob

Postby GhostByob » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:43 pm

MetalMuxxer wrote:Kinda old thread, but it's still on the front page so.

Most people fret in Expert because it gives you the biggest freedom to fret, and in Expert frets can be more accurate (since Expert always uses HO/POs and 5 notes), I mean, you can't fret Dream Theater in Easy because you'll can only use 3 notes, HOW THE **** DO YOU FRET DREAM THEATER WITH 3 **** NOTES?

an example:
1 song with only Guitar Expert take like 20 minutes (without tabs/midis)
1 song with only Guitar + all difficulties take like 1-2 hours (without CAT)

Make a chart without manual difficulties can save you so much time...

About the song/band/whatever
Is not how many notes the song have, Is the standard you use for that.
here is a good guide to make properly difficulties
http://pksage.com/rbndocs/index.php?title=Main_Page

*every professional rhythms games have standards to make songs, GH and RB are not the exception, that is why don't have limits to chart everything they want.*

tylerandmoroll

Postby tylerandmoroll » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:37 am

Doing other difficulties does take a lot of time.. But I'm trying my best to sticking to making all difficulties possible. I have a friend that plays on medium, and I play on expert. Gives me a bit of a boost knowing I gotta put in some extra time so he can play too. And with the pack I'm currently working on, I know my friend isn't the only one who plays on medium so I'm trying to make Guitar, Drums, Bass, and Keys all possible on Easy, Medium, Hard and Expert.
"It's all about finding the right sound."

Return to “General FOF Discussion”