Solo Compilation charting question

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 8 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
YeaaOhhh!!
siavash

Solo Compilation charting question

Postby siavash » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:34 pm

I'm making a solo compilation for one of my favorite albums, and I just wanted to get some feedback on your preferences on some things. To give you a hint on what the album is, I'll just say it's one of the most well-known power metal albums from the late '90s.

1. How should solo section markers work? Should the entire song be a solo, should each solo have its own marker, should I only make guitar solos have markers and leave keys solos unmarked, etc?

2. Any demand for a FoFiX-compatible version?

3. In general, do you prefer solo compilations to have a theme (like a single artist, album, genre, etc.) or do you prefer it to cover a range of styles and difficulties?
AKA Super Blooper
AlexTaylor

Re: Solo Compilation charting question

Postby AlexTaylor » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:36 pm

1. I personally wouldn't put them at all. If you do really want/need to add them, I would suggest doing the whole thing as a single solo.

2. Idc about it myself, but you'll prob get at least one person that would want it.

3. I prefer a theme, but I'm not against it covering different things.

I can't wait to see what you're going to bring us, now I need to make a solo comp myself. :p
1200+ Sygenysongs
BombDude24

Re: Solo Compilation charting question

Postby BombDude24 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:29 pm

1. I think that usually putting a solo marker covering the entire brunt of the solos works pretty well, and the bonus points at the end that you get is usually pretty satisfying.

2. I think that it doesn't really matter, but if you can completely avoid sliders and whatnot, then that's good, to maximize compatibility. An alternate version would be good, mostly if you determine it to be necessary, but that's about it.

3. Solo comps that have a coherent theme end up working pretty well, but if they're just random interlaced solos, then it's honestly not a huge deal. Themed solo suites end up being pretty cool, usually, but some of them might have completely indistinguishable solos from one another, especially if all by the same artist. Again, probably not a huge deal, though.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”