Will this game live on?

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 8 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
thePanthurr

Will this game live on?

Postby thePanthurr » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:12 pm

This game sorta seems to be dead now... and I have a Mac so playing Phase Shift isn't really possible... I was sifting through some other threads where people were promising "spiritual successors" and stuff... Were any of these ever made (mac)? Will the 4.0 version / C++ version ever become a reality? Sad day :(
TrojanNemo

Re: Will this game live on?

Postby TrojanNemo » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:43 pm

It seems highly unlikely at this point. Phase Shift is in every way and form a better game. I would say it IS the successor to FoF. The fact that you're unable to play it on your Mac doesn't negate that.
Mr_Ice_Pickle

Postby Mr_Ice_Pickle » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:44 pm

I could be wrong about this, but isn't there some kind of application where you can run Windows programs on a Mac? Not a native Mac user, but I'm trying to help out.
Scootastic

Postby Scootastic » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:59 pm

Mr_Ice_Pickle wrote:I could be wrong about this, but isn't there some kind of application where you can run Windows programs on a Mac? Not a native Mac user, but I'm trying to help out.

I got a working copy on my Mac after installing Wine. I followed the tutorial here. I don't think the latest version of Phase Shift can actually be opened through Wine, though (I may be wrong now). Version 1.23 was the last one that worked for me.
My Full Band song thread! Nine new songs! Now back up and running!
Previous song thread here

Return to “General FOF Discussion”