playing it totally easy, noob question

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 10 months and 3 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
falloutboy84

playing it totally easy, noob question

Postby falloutboy84 » Mon May 06, 2013 1:24 pm

Hi folks,
just downloaded FoFix (3.121) and well I hoped it had an option to play without hitting the enter key for a note.

I just want it to play extremely easy and just press and or hold hold the fret key to play the note. U know like in the Santa Rockstar games.
Its just intended as a nice little addition to "house warming party"

I hoped that HO/PO keys were the way to go, but it seems like its not. :(

On the other hand, I tried the AI support to play the 4th and 5th fret, but every selection plays every frets on its own.
Can somebody help me?
What did I overlook?

I looked on this Forum for a while bit did not see anyone that wanted it as easy as I need it. If I missed something please link me to the correct thread.
Thank you
Julian
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Re: playing it totally easy, noob question

Postby nobby76 » Tue May 07, 2013 7:38 am

actually lots of people have wanted to play just like you do, without having to strum the guitar ( aka playing Game pad style ) unfortunately No we do not have that option. We actually consider it cheating, as it will give some players a much bigger advantage over other users that actually strum the guitar ( esp when it comes to the world charts). you will just have to learn how to play properly im afraid. It really isnt that hard to get to grips with though, it just takes some practise. Most people learn how to play pretty well within a month or so.

Hopo keys are Hammer on, Pull off keys. while you do not need to strum for a hammer on, you do need to strum the previous note ( so you at least get a guitar tone) then every hopo note can just be hit without using strum, if you miss a note, you will have to strum again to get a guitar tone, then you can carry on doing the hopo's. But you cannot just try and hopo an entire song, that does not work.

In short, sorry but the way you want to play this game is not how you actually play this game. So you cannot do it.. you will just have to learn to play properly.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
falloutboy84

Postby falloutboy84 » Wed May 08, 2013 4:50 am

Thank u for the reply.
Hmm why didn't I get an e-mail notify about that?? ah no matter.

thats kinda sad for the party tomorrow, as these folks wont learn this in the evening of the party :D not as drunk as some of them gonna be. But for me, its quite nice, maybe I'll really learn that :love:
About the AI playing the 4th and 5th notes of a song, how do I adjust that? Or is there a way to turn these "off", and play only 3 notes?

Thanks in advance
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Thu May 09, 2013 9:48 am

if you want less notes find songs that have other difficulties besides expert. Expert can use all 5 notes, easy can only use the first 3.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
falloutboy84

Postby falloutboy84 » Fri May 10, 2013 2:15 am

ahh ok,
I've seen so far that some "easy" songs use just 3 or 4 notes.

Got recommendations on what keys on the keyboard to use, as with the F1 - F5 keys and Enter - I ended up having cramps.
Or are these already pretty good key-binding, and I better get used to it?
A Dickie?!
superfly360

Postby superfly360 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:56 pm

If you want to play notes without strumming, you could try playing keys charts on Phase Shift. Non-pro keys is basically guitar without having to strum. You could copy-paste notes from guitar to keys using EOF if keys aren't charted for the song you want to play.
Accomplishments:

Spoiler:August 2010 Drum Competition 5th Place (86/100 Bad Fun-The Cult)
December 2010 Guitar Competition 4th Place (86/100 Easy Death Oven-Mike Reagan, Gregory J. Hainer)
March 2011 Drum Competion 1st Place (91/100 Microwaved-Pitch Shifter)

My song thread Old

Daredevil - The Album (W.I.P. 9/19) Old

Twisted Metal Hero (21/93) All Old Songs Updated;2 New Songs

My YouTube Channel

ImageImage
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:45 am

crist12 wrote:Hey! from where you got the link? Thanks for this post. Regards <snip'ed the sneaky spam link>

Whatever link you are refering to, its probably long dead. Seeing as this post is 11 years old
Last edited by raph666 on Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
HelenaMaria

Postby HelenaMaria » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:43 am

The link is not available. Long time.
dikjob

Postby dikjob » Thu May 04, 2023 4:59 am

The German Shepherd Malamute mix, also known as the Alaskan Shepherd, is a powerfully built dog whose genetic lines go back thousands of years. malamute german shepherd mix

Return to “General FOF Discussion”